Profile for Simon Dixon > Reviews

Content by Simon Dixon

Simon Dixon "Author Of 'Bank To The Future: Protect Your Future Before Governments Go Bust'" (London)

Page: 1 | 2

Beyond the LOGO
Beyond the LOGO
by Emma Jane Carter

5.0 out of 5 stars If only I had read this before we started, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Beyond the LOGO (Hardcover)
When we first launched BankToTheFuture.com I knew branding was important, I just did not know how important until we started reading this book then went onto work with Emma on our branding.

If only we had done this sooner, we would have saved a lot of money, time and effort as we went very far building our company website and materials without truly understanding the importance of brand guidelines, the difference between user experience, coding and design and many other things that I learnt in this book.

I recommend this book to anybody that wants to create a very valuable brand that serves your business.

Easy to read and as you would expect a beautifully designed and laid out book too. The augmented reality is a lovely touch too.

Simon Dixon, CEO BankToTheFuture.com

Modernising Money: Why Our Monetary System is Broken and How it Can be Fixed
Modernising Money: Why Our Monetary System is Broken and How it Can be Fixed

5.0 out of 5 stars If only they taught this at school, 23 May 2013
Modernising Money is long overdue and needs to be compulsory reading for economics students around the world. How this important issue has been missed by mainstream economists and has been allowed to get this far is beyond me.

I for one cannot wait to see where this book can go and I look forward to seeing a banking world that follows these reforms.

Well done and a great achievement to have written this book.

Compulsory reading for those interested in solving the mess we call a banking crisis today.

Author Bank to the Future: Protect Your Future Before Governments Go Bust

Entrepreneur Revolution: How to develop your entrepreneurial mindset and start a business that works

5.0 out of 5 stars I'll keep it short - No BS, 5 April 2013
I will keep it short...

So much wisdom and a real reality check. So different from the usual BS in business books.

I have never heard anybody describe the entrepreneurial journey so accurately from start to making a real difference, with no hype, just practical experience.

If only other business authors told it like it is, at the same time as inspiring hard work and building truly inspiring, beautiful businesses.

I'm up for the revolution and this book is a great place for it to start.

CEO BankToTheFuture.com
Author of Bank to the Future: Protect Your Future Before Governments Go Bust

Profit Rocket: The Five Key Focus Areas to Skyrocket Your Profit
Profit Rocket: The Five Key Focus Areas to Skyrocket Your Profit

5.0 out of 5 stars Video Review From Simon Dixon, (Co-Founder BankToTheFuture.com), 1 Oct 2012
Length:: 3:00 Mins

An invaluable book for businesses, especially those seeking funding who need to take control of their numbers. I really like the Ostrige analogy as I see a lot of people doing it as explained in my video review. Gets a double thumbs up from me.

Simon Dixon, author of

CrowdFunding 2.0 - The 7 Dumbest Mistakes When Raising Finance For Your Company (CrowdFunding & CrowdInvesting Series)

Bank to the Future: Protect Your Future Before Governments Go Bust

In for a Penny: A Business Adventure
In for a Penny: A Business Adventure
by Peter Hargreaves

5.0 out of 5 stars Not often you get to learn lessons from a Times Rich List billionaire, 14 May 2011
I felt privileged to read the journey of truly succesful business billionaire and the growth of Hargreaves Lansdown.

If you like seeing how businesses are created from the inside, you will love this.

Peter Hargreaves seems to have a very simple business philosophy that I often forget when I get caught up in the complexities of business. This brought me right back to what matters.

I wrote loads of notes and despite what anybody else says in these reviews, you can only learn from soembody that started in his bedroom and created an iconic company listed on the FTSE.

Read and learn.

I like Petere's no BS approach too.

Very enjoyable and great for business. I changed a few things in muy business after reading this book.

Simon Dixon. Author Of:
Student to CEO: 97 Ways to Influence Your Way to the Top in Banking & Finance

The Facebook Effect: The Real Inside Story of Mark Zuckerberg and the World's Fastest Growing Company
by David Kirkpatrick

5.0 out of 5 stars A True Genius Telling An Amazing Story, 10 April 2011
The research and interviews that David conducted in order to come up with this amazing book made it a true classic in my library.

The Zuckerberg story is one of the most insightful, inspiring and exciting stories I have ever read of how the youngest billionaire in the world made his fortune without really caring about money.

A lesson to us all and I think David has done a stunning job of telling the story.

A must read for all.

Simon Dixon
Author Of Student To CEO: 97 Ways To Influence Your Way To The Top In Banking & Finance

Light Your Firebrand
Light Your Firebrand
by Mike Symes

5.0 out of 5 stars Simon Dixon - Author Of 'Student to CEO: 97 Ways to Influence Your Way to the Top in Banking & Finance', 17 Mar 2011
This review is from: Light Your Firebrand (Paperback)
Great read.

Any financial institution (Any company actually) will get a lot out of this book.

As we work on the branding for our new venture in banking, I have found this book invaluable in getting it right from day one.

I never knew what a difference it could make when you get this stuff right.

Mike really is the only guy to learn from when building your brand, especially in the banking and finance industry.

Great read.

Simon Dixon

Vault Career Guide to Private Equity Career Guide (Vault Career Library)
Vault Career Guide to Private Equity Career Guide (Vault Career Library)
by Mike Martinez

5.0 out of 5 stars Simon Dixon - Author Of Student to CEO: 97 Ways to Influence Your Way to the Top in Banking & Finance, 13 Mar 2011
I recommend the vault career guides to all who have read my book 'Student To CEO: 97 Ways To Influence Your Way To The Top In Banking & Finance' once you have decided you want to get into Private Equity.

Great place to begin learning the jargon.

Vault Career Guide to Investment Banking: European Edition
Vault Career Guide to Investment Banking: European Edition
by Richard Roberts

5.0 out of 5 stars Simon Dixon - Author Of 'Student To CEO: 97 Ways To Influence Your Way To The Top In Banking & Finance., 13 Mar 2011
I recommend the vault career guides to all who have read my book 'Student To CEO: 97 Ways To Influence Your Way To The Top In Banking & Finance' once you have decided you want to get into Investment Banking.

Great place to begin learning the jargon.

Page: 1 | 2