Profile for NikNakPaddyWhack > Reviews

Thinkgeek Canned Unicorn Meat
Offered by RAREWAVES
Price: 9.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the best., 23 Aug 2014
Being quite the connoisseur of unicorn meat, I can only say that this brand does not compare to Waitrose Essential canned unicorn meat, which contains far more sparkles per serving.

We Were Liars
We Were Liars
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read., 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: We Were Liars (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book. As the plot unfolds it makes you go back over things that have happened with 'new eyes.' I loved the characters and thought the story well paced. I will definitely be looking out for more E. Lockhart books.

Dark Space (Book 2): The Invisible War
Dark Space (Book 2): The Invisible War
Price: 1.57

5.0 out of 5 stars More adventure in book 2!, 9 Aug 2014
I loved all the twists & turns in this book because you really don't know what is going to happen next! I would recommend this book to readers who like adventure, action, sci-fi and enjoy getting to know characters in a series. I'm 12 and there are some bits that might not be entirely suitable for me (says my mum!) but it's not really bad stuff.

Dark Space
Dark Space
Price: 0.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for the begining of a series!, 8 Aug 2014
This review is from: Dark Space (Kindle Edition)
I thought this book was an interesting sci-fi fiction book and would recommend this book to people who like action and sci-fi. The ending of the book left you on a cliff hanger and it definitely makes you want to read the next book in the series. The book is a great starter for the series and if all the books are like this then it is going to be one of my favourites. I don't particularly like the main character, I would prefer if the main character was a young person. However, I do like the fact that he is very intelligent and makes exciting decisions. As for the rest of the characters, I felt that the book only focused on 2 or 3 characters and not give much thought to the other characters so much. I would have liked to get to know more about the other characters, so maybe that will happen in the other books in the series. (Review written by Zane aged 12)

Attack of the Recess Ninjas (A funny adventure for children ages 9-12)
Attack of the Recess Ninjas (A funny adventure for children ages 9-12)
Price: 1.92

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, 26 July 2014
Its 22 pages long encluding the front pages its so short that I couldn't understand the characters it should be for kids 6-9 I'm 12 and I read books with 200 pages in 3 hours so this book took about 4 minutes. Would not recommend to anyone.

AMP Colossus
AMP Colossus
Price: 2.39

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING,again, 24 April 2014
This review is from: AMP Colossus (Kindle Edition)
These books are the greatest series I have read if only they were longer Lol I have to at least write 20 words but if you enjoy these types of books sart with sodium books to make these series make sense

Vampirates: Tide of Terror
Vampirates: Tide of Terror
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 18 Jan 2014
Can't put down book I would definitely read this book again. But can get a bit slow at times but I did enjoy it.

Texts From Dog
Texts From Dog
by October Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun - not for young children though!, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: Texts From Dog (Hardcover)
'Santa' left this book in my 12 year old sons stocking. Silly Santa didnt check it was suitable beforehand, having just flicked through a few pages and guffawed with laughter in the bookshop, ahem, I mean North Pole. This is an hilarious book, but it does have some choice language you might not want your 12 year old to repeat. Mine is under pain of death not to repeat some of the ruder texts from Dog. If you are feeling a little low post festivities, get this book to make you smile, laugh out loud or exclaim 'OMFG!'

The Autobiography Of Henry VIII
The Autobiography Of Henry VIII
by Margaret George
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly written and fascinating insight, 21 Jun 2012
I loved the format of this book and really felt that had Henry written his biography, then this really would be how he thought. Of course, he didn't, and we will never know what really went through his mind, but, the author, in my opinion, has researched so thoroughly, she really gets into the mind of this great king.

The notes by his fool are a clever addition and a way of putting right certain inacurracies on Henry's part or even to let the reader know the real feeling fo the people of the time, when Henry, cocooned in his Ivory Tower, gets it so wrong.

We read of Henry's adulation and obsession with Anne Bolyn which quickly turns to boredom, disappointment and loathing after the long awaited marriage. We see his cruel and cold side and his reasoning behind his actions. We read how his illness and old age affect him (like so many men!) once the virility of his youth start to pass him by. We see how he valued his close friendship with Brandon, yet when things went against him, quickly called rank on his closest friend. We read how women were perceived during this time and how outisde influences brought into Henry's court, could easily affect political decisions with clever manipulation.

I would like to read other 'autobiographies' of other Tudor Kings and Queens by this author who has a real skill in meeting fact with assumption and presumption so well. Highly recommended to all who are fascinated by the Tudor King.

The Dorset Squirrels (The Silver Tide & The Second Wave & The Golden Flight)
The Dorset Squirrels (The Silver Tide & The Second Wave & The Golden Flight)
by Michael Tod

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book of My Son's Life! (so he says!), 11 Feb 2011
My son, aged 10 and a confident free reader for sometime, adores squirrels and got this book for christmas. He has this to say about it:

If you like squirrels then you will love this book - although some of the casualties and death will make you cry but the happy moments will also make you cry with joy! The characters are really well described and have very strong personalities. The stories in all three of the books is gripping, moving and sometimes shocking! I couldn't stop reading this book once I started and as I live in Dorset and visit all the places in the book, it made it an even better read for me. I am going to go back to all the places in the book as we live near many of them and spread wildflower seeds on the places where some squirrels in the book die.

Page: 1 | 2