Profile for C. Searle > Reviews

Content by C. Searle

C. Searle "Criss11fr" (Luxembourg)

World SIM Card Home & Away Roaming SIM Card Inc £10 Credit
World SIM Card Home & Away Roaming SIM Card Inc £10 Credit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution for an international SIM, 8 April 2013
This is the best solution I have found for an international SIM. Others seem to not offer great data rates, but WorldSIMs rates are very reasonable. I would recommend this for people who travel.

Cafe Del Mar Xvi / Various
Cafe Del Mar Xvi / Various

5.0 out of 5 stars Great selection of music in the tradition of the other Cafe del Mar albums, 26 Jun. 2009
I was upset to see someone giving this one start without listening to it. I got the album from Itunes and listened to it today. It launches straight into typical cafe del mar music and maintains its chilled, eclectic, international feel. If you like the other volumes you will like this.

The Testosterone Advantage Plan (Rodale): Lose Weight, Gain Muscle ("Men's Health")
by Jeff Volek

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit biased, but could be effective, 23 Oct. 2003
It seems to me that this book is written from a biased point of view. The author is a body builder who seems to go little aerobic exercise and eats meat. The book is leaning (or to be more precise bending right over) to say that his way of living is perfect. He ridiculed runners, says vegetarians are wrong and weight training is right. His research is well done, but he ignores some evidence to make his point.
I failed on the diet, mainly due to my own failure so I cannot attack the diet. I would have liked him to give a vegetarian meal plan, but he decided to ignore his own research that some vegetarian protein sources were almost as good as meet (Soya for example).
Also, saying that running is bad seems a bit drastic. He seems to imply that it is good for a person to not be fit enough to run a mile. I am not an expert, but I am sure that an exercise routing that included a reasonable balance between aerobic and non-aerobic exercise would be better.
Over all I think the guy is trying too much to prove he is the perfect man. He may have a bit too much testosterone running though his body. Having said that, he seems to know his stuff and his conclusions are sound. If he was a bit more open minded and impartial it would have been a better book, but as it is it is okay