Profile for Jake > Reviews

Jake

Wilson [K] Rush Badminton Racket RRP £90
Wilson [K] Rush Badminton Racket RRP £90
Offered by Racketworld

3.0 out of 5 stars I was pretty disappointed with the quality and materials used in this ..., 1 Aug. 2014
I was pretty disappointed with the quality and materials used in this racket. I even considered if it was fake. It looks like it was made for the cheapest cost possible. From the horrible material cover to the cardboard fake carbon fibre effect handle end. I'm not really able to comment how the racket compares with others to use seems fine. I have a Wilson tennis racket and they seem to be much better made. RRP £90! I'd have felt robbed if I'd paid that. I would say buy another brand.

The Lost Photographs Of Captain Scott
The Lost Photographs Of Captain Scott
by David M. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent present, 6 Dec. 2012
Looks like a very interesting book. I have bought this is a present so can't review the content.

It was posted it a box way to big with no shrink wrap or protection. It's been sliding around the box and has a few small mark due to this. Really annoying as this is a present. Also selected gift wrap option and it isn't wrapped. Just has a printout saying gift with the message I stated. Great book but feel let down by Amazon. I'm not going to return the book but I'm not very happy with the service. Amazon is inconsistent with how it posts items.

50 Bird Clothes Pegs - BEST SELLER
50 Bird Clothes Pegs - BEST SELLER

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely item, 12 Sept. 2011
This review is from: 50 Bird Clothes Pegs - BEST SELLER
Not an example as I feared of style over substance. These are well designed strong and most importantly work. Sick of rusty pegs I know these are a lot more money but they look so nice and should last longer.

Hozelock Auto Rewind 30 m Hose Reel with Connectors and Fittings - Colour May Vary

4.0 out of 5 stars Second time lucky, 12 Sept. 2011
My first thoughts on this item was how massive and unattractive it was. Once fitted though in a larger garden like mine you soon stop noticing it. I did however notice the fact no water was coming out of the hose and pouring out of the bottom at a rapid rate. I'm a self confessed perfectionist but the plastic has quite a few white marks and both units were the same. After returning the faulty hose I was very quickly given a replacement via Amazon. I did ring Hozelock who just said contact Amazon and didn't comment on the fault. Now I have the second hose I am pretty happy with it. I had to move the ball at the end as there was a foot and a half of hose sticking out unlike the first one! I have used the hose to wash my car and it worked very well. The hose did try to kink on the way back but with a bit of management this can be avoided. The rewind function is excellent and the whole item feels solid. Although I have had a few issues I still think this is probably the best hose you can get. As usual the price on Amazon is great. One thing I did struggle with was how to stop the hoze with the nozzle I push it forward and it releases the end. Anyone know?
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 7, 2013 11:38 AM BST

Kenwood TT931 Semi-Professional Toaster, 2 Slice (Cream)
Kenwood TT931 Semi-Professional Toaster, 2 Slice (Cream)

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm not that good, 10 Feb. 2011
We have had this a little while now. Although it looks great and is very solid it seems a bit flawed as the slots are massive and the bread in very unevenly toasted. It doesn't clamp the toast like other models so the bread is at an angle. I'm sure it's great for bigger items like bagels etc. but on standard slices the slots are way too wide. I just bought this due to the great price. It does seem to dry the bread rather than toast it. I'd be pretty gutted if I'd paid more for this.

This Is England Soundtrack
This Is England Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is Great, 10 Feb. 2011
I watched this great film the other day and picked up on so many good tracks in the film I decided to find the soundtrack. This is a really good price and arrived next day with first class. You can't get this album on itunes or listen to it on Spotify so I was really happy with the price. As said by other reviewers the dialogue doesn't add much but once imported into itunes you can always untick them. There is still more than enough for the money. Enjoy!

Humax PVR9300T/320GB Digital TV Recorder
Humax PVR9300T/320GB Digital TV Recorder

1.0 out of 5 stars Better than Amazon, 9 Nov. 2010
(Please read my comment below I was happy with this item at first)
I have now received my Humax and after a quick delivery I was disappointed to find Amazon had used no packaging other than the original product box. The box isn't designed for or strong enough to take the knocks and drops of our postal system. The box was all bashed in on the corners and ripped at the bottom where the box had split. It made an ominous rattle and you could put your hand into the box.

Fortunately the Humax has survived intact and I got it set up last night. It's early days so I'll just report my experience so far. Remote feels cheap and over big but the unit looks quite smart. Very intuitive to set up and I found myself not really having to refer to the setup guide for more than a few seconds. I set some series links and a few films to record, all very easy. I can't report on any of the negatives other users had mentioned ie noisy fan, guide loaded up at an okay rate. It is a bit budget and the graphics menus look a bit poor but it is functional and for the price it seems good value.

It took me a long, long time to decide to go for this item but you don't have many options. The Sky box is clearly a better piece of kit but if you don't want sky all the other items by Sony, Panasonic etc. seem flawed. I read so many reviews slating other systems which cost a lot more. I was worried about the negative reviews of the Humax but I think most issues have been sorted by the software upgrades.

Overall so far I'd highly recommend this although I'm not happy with how it arrived.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 22, 2010 9:17 AM GMT