Profile for Angela McGooglie > Reviews

Content by Angela McGooglie

Angela McGooglie (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Belkin Pleated Sleeve for iPad - Purple
Belkin Pleated Sleeve for iPad - Purple
Offered by AVIDES u.k.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good iPad sleeve, 24 Jun. 2012
This is a fantastic product for the price. Can't fault it in anyway as it's certainly fit for purpose and has kept my iPad protected from daily wear and tear. Wouldn't travel anywhere without it, especially as it's got an extra zip compartment for earphones or iPad attachments. Well made and stylish, this is a must have for any iPad owner!

theBabaSling Baby Carrier (Saffron Orange)
theBabaSling Baby Carrier (Saffron Orange)

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful!!, 24 Jun. 2012
I was convinced this sling would live up to all hype surrounding it, how wrong I was. I found it wasn't supportive and very awkward to try re-adjust. No matter which position I tried for baby I was having to try readjust the sling to be more supportive. Breastfeeding is near impossible using this, despite what it says. The shoulder strap is huge and bulky and I think there is far too much material involved. They would've been better off making different size slings which are age appropriate , instead of trying to cover a broad age range. I ended up returning this item and have since ordered the Caboo carrier which was much better, being that you carry your baby the traditional way up front and is perfect for newborns and nursing mums. I also was given a Baby Bjorn carriers from a friend which has also been fantastic. Each baby and parent is unique so I'd suggest looking at and trying various carriers in store before you commit to buying one online.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful first baby book!, 24 Jun. 2012
This is an ingenious way to keep baby occupied! I'm a fan of all the Jellycat range and this really caught my eye. It is my baby's favourite toy to take along anywhere. There is a sound button inside the book which if you press, is meant to sound like an elephant but strangely sounds more like a ghost screaming due to a poor quality sound card. Not a major issue as my baby seldom finds it to push so we hardly hear it anyway. The Velcro tabs could've been a bit stronger too as they easily pull apart and you have to keep reattaching it the stroller / seat. However, despite all that it's still a great way to entertain baby!

Black and White!
Black and White!
by Bianca Lucas
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Very stimulating for baby!, 24 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Black and White! (Board book)
This is a beautifully simple book yet captures my baby's attention every time I bring it out. She is transfixed by the images! The rhyming verses are great to read out aloud too, to enhance baby's experience.

Billy Blanks' Cardio Inferno [DVD]
Billy Blanks' Cardio Inferno [DVD]
Dvd ~ Billy Blanks
Offered by Online4DVDs

4.0 out of 5 stars Billy's Bootcamp strikes again...., 24 Jun. 2012
I've been using Billy Blanks Tae-Bo DVDs for years to get me in shape fast when I have no motivation. Billy has always been like having a personal trainer in your own home. Something I desperately needed after having my second baby. Feeling like I was too out of shape to show my face at the gym, let alone get the time to go with a new baby, I've turned to Tae-Bo once again to get me back into shape. I own the Tae-Bo Energize and the Tae-Bo Celebrity Sculpt DVDs which are both brilliant. I bought this DVD as it seemed like a newer, updated workout based on the reviews. This is true, however not as much as I was expecting. It's basically high speed Tae-Bo which in turn can result in a more cardio based workout. This DVD really works your lower body, with a lot of squats etc. It could've done with more upper body moves. I find the Celebrity Fit DVD to be most balanced which gives you a total body workout. Cardio Inferno is certainly is worth owning if you already have a few other Tae-Bo DVDs and may fancy something slightly different now and then.

OXO Tot Silicone Feeding Spoon Set (Raspberry)
OXO Tot Silicone Feeding Spoon Set (Raspberry)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 24 Jun. 2012
These spoons are absolutely wonderful for weaning. The soft tips are perfectly shaped and won't hurt tender gums. They're very well made and worth every penny, especially compared to the more marketed brands out there which cost nearly the same and are half the quality.

Your Pregnancy Bible new revised and expanded edition
Your Pregnancy Bible new revised and expanded edition
by Anne Deans

1.0 out of 5 stars Dull and antiquated., 22 July 2011
I bought this book based on the amount of good reviews. This is my second pregnancy and first time round I was given a copy of Miriam Stoppard's Pregnancy book which I found ultimately useful and reassuring. Anne Dean's book, is frighteningly dull. It's like who ever compiled the book went round their local NHS hospital and gathered all those free leaflets on pregnancy and made a book of them. Then to make it worse, found lots of photos of women from the 90's to publish alongside the poorly formatted chapters (Lets face it, no one should ever wear an all-in-one leotard thing with leg warmers to exercise in whether you're pregnant or not!!)
It's very GP orientated, very impersonal and cold. I'm all for knowing about all the facts and this being my second pregnancy I know it's best to be aware of all the good and bad facts. However, having no reassuring tone to help you look forward to your nine months of pregnancy makes this book a burden to read or reference back to. You will find much more relevant, up-to-date information on the internet, from pregnancy websites than you will from this book. Or better yet, stick to the woman whose been doing this most her life - Miriam Stoppard.

Sennheiser Eco Ear Canal Headphones White
Sennheiser Eco Ear Canal Headphones White

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 12 Jan. 2009
I bought these as a replacement for my iPod in-earphones as they eventually died a death after 2 long faithful years. I was initially going to buy a pair of Shure earphones but decided to take a chance on these ones.
I find them much more comfortable than the iPod in-earphones in the respect that even though you get different size earpieces- the Sennheiser CX300's are smaller which means a secure comfortable fit- especially for people which smaller ear canals. I don't have to keep re-adjusting them!!

Sound qualilty is satisfactory, clear but not without that hissing noise which I've read about in other reviews. But!! This doesn't bother me as you can only hear it between tracks and it's very very feint.

As for the asymetrical cable- don't think I could go back to a normal one! It just makes sense.

For the price- these are a seriously good option when you're confused between price, quality and brand.

Peony in Love
Peony in Love
by Lisa See

5.0 out of 5 stars Peony in Love, 28 July 2008
This review is from: Peony in Love (Paperback)
I bought this book based on that I had read "Snow Flower and the Secret Fan" which was intriguing to say the least.

I find all the culture and traditions so compelling, and "Peony in Love" delves deeper into these subjects keeping the spiritual and living world parallel as you read, allowing you to experience Peony's life from all aspects.

To tell you the truth.... I very nearly gave up on this book. As I completed Part I, I couldn't bear to start Part II. I was livid!!
I slammed it down on my bedside table, and ignored it for a few hours. But after I explained to a friend about Part I, she encouraged me to pick it back up and continue. I am very pleased I did..... it was fantastic.

The Dark Volume
The Dark Volume
by G.W. Dahlquist

5.0 out of 5 stars Beware...... prepare to be devoured once again., 24 Jun. 2008
This review is from: The Dark Volume (Hardcover)
Vivid, spectacular array of events in this desperately awaited sequel leave you only (once again) lusting for more!
G W Dahlquist does not disappoint. It's rich, luxurious reading with extra darkness weaved throughout every chapter.
All together, the whole concept which G W Dahlquist has centered the two books around is profound.
It is with baited breath I await the next one.

Page: 1 | 2