Profile for Mr. D. K. Smith > Reviews

Content by Mr. D. K. Smith

Mr. D. K. Smith "cabal101" (nottingham, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Guardians Of The Galaxy [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Guardians Of The Galaxy [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Chris Pratt

5.0 out of 5 stars What do you get if you cross Avengers with Star Wars...?, 23 Nov. 2014
Brilliant and funny sci-fi. Great casting and translates the writing of the current comic over nicely.

Fossil Men's Quartz Watch Grant FS4736 with Metal Strap
Fossil Men's Quartz Watch Grant FS4736 with Metal Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Not so much a review, 11 Dec. 2013
I can't review the watch. As it never arrived. It was boxed with other items I had ordered. However, someone decided to rip a corner of the parcel away and steal what they could get their hands on within. Namely, the watch. Had a full refund, decided to purchase the watch elsewhere. The watch itself is lovely. With a great finish

Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Karl Urban

5.0 out of 5 stars such a quiet blinder of a movie, 11 Jan. 2013
I have to agree with most. this film was an absolute treat. truly how Dredd should be portrayed. Karl Urban is amazing in the role.

this is a no holds barred movie experience that just skips all the neccessary pandering to the masses and just goes in for the kill.

i personally can't wait to see it again.

Prometheus - Collector's Edition (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + Digital Copy) [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Noomi Rapace

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, 25 July 2012
I think too many people went into this movie wanting either the same as Alien or more action that was in Aliens. I personally wanted my horizons to be expanded. I went in with a clean slate... and it gave back rewards because of this. i found it flawed a little in places but beautiful, deep, fun and ultimately intriguing. Can't wait to see it again.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 22, 2012 7:50 PM BST

Magic Hour
Magic Hour

5.0 out of 5 stars Variety and progression is the knack to this album, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Magic Hour (Audio CD)
I won't say much. It really is a great album that shows the evolution of the band while not losing that extra special spark that made so great in the first place.

i think there's something for everyone on this new album. It took 3 listens and I was hooked. "Inevitable" is a brilliant track... "Let's have a KiKi" is fast going to become a sisters classic fan favourite.

For me personally, there are flavours of dee-lite (yes they had more than one album) that i really appreciate.

Can't wait to see them live in October 2012

LEGO Star Wars 8097: Slave I
LEGO Star Wars 8097: Slave I

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition for collectors and kids alike, 7 Jan. 2012
This review is from: LEGO Star Wars 8097: Slave I (Toy)
I bought the Slave 1 as a grown adult so not so much as a toy, just a new year treat for myself. It will be going into my collection of all things star wars related to be honest. It's a great addition, with very easy but effective steps to making an accurate representation of Slave 1.

The mini figures are excellent... especially Boba and Han Solo in carbonite. They are bound to become firm favourite pieces with collectors when this set has ceased to be made. My partner bought me the Millenium Falcon for Christmas. Although that was a higher price tag (£109) I feel you got more for your money (especially in a bricks for money ratio) this is definately harder to pick up and handle as it feels more fragile. the firing missles are a great addition if its for the kids... not so much for the collector.

The overall finished look is fantastic though. I just wish that both this and the falcon came with baseplates and some sort of enviroment display. I now have an need to build some Cloud city transport bays/platforms with ajoining walkways to place both ships and figures on.

I may add the x-wing to my collection at a later date... we'll see

Doctor Who: The Complete 6th Series - Limited Edition (with 4 Art Cards) [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Matt Smith
Offered by lightningdvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple... I Like it..., 17 Dec. 2011
I personally have loved what the "new" team have brought to the table. Matt for me is a breath of fresh air in the same way the previous doctor was. Love the production values. nice to see how the river song storyline was tied up. this now leads onwards and upwards. Rory and Ms Pond are now coming towards their natural end so I will be thrilled to see where they take the Doctor next. great box set too. especially in HD

New York Line by Line
New York Line by Line
by Robinson

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful..., 19 Feb. 2011
This review is from: New York Line by Line (Hardcover)
to put it simple... this is a beautiful collection of line drawings by one great artist. at such a great price too. we are going to buy another copy so we can frame certain images.

Night Work
Night Work
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars A couple of listens..., 30 July 2010
This review is from: Night Work (Audio CD)
I will keep it short. I first heard it on the week of release and was really in two minds. after the second listen though, I was hooked. I especially "any which way" and the final 2 tracks "night life" and "invisible light". outstanding return to form. "fire with fire has become a great anthem.

Jon Burgerman Pens are My Friends
Jon Burgerman Pens are My Friends
by Harlan Levey

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 10 Jan. 2009
Absolutley love this book, great inspirational work. really colourful work. Beautiful binding and dust cover (printed clear plastic over a fold out poster) Its very obvious that this must have been a labour of love to produce as there is alot of detail and personal little entries about his work. i was so impressed, the original copy i bought for a relative was kept by me and i had to then purchase another copy...

downside is... i now have started to collect his work in various forms such as the the stuff he produces with kidrobot. I urge you, if this is your sort of thing... check it out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3