Profile for Mr. R. M. Smiles > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. M. Smiles

Mr. R. M. Smiles (Middlesbrough, England)

Corsair CMFVYA32GBGT2 32GB Flash Voyager GTR USB Flash Drive
Corsair CMFVYA32GBGT2 32GB Flash Voyager GTR USB Flash Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars Corsair Voyager GTR, 1 Oct. 2011
Like a number of other Contributors, I would very much advise against purchasing this product. I have bought many Corsair Flash Drives in the past & they have been extremely reliable, but not this one. I purchased it on 5 August 2011 & after just short of 8 weeks it has crashed. Constant blinking & not recognised as a removable Storage device.
So it certainly seems that this particular product has a Common Fault as I have experienced exactly the same problems as other contributors.
I have made contact with Amazon & am awaiting a response. Personally given the problems with this product I would withdraw it from Sale.
So for anyone thinking of buying this product one simple word of advice - DONT!!!.

Amazon Customer (Teesside).

Olympus VR-310 Digital Camera - Red (14MP, 10x Super Wide Optical Zoom)  3 inch LCD
Olympus VR-310 Digital Camera - Red (14MP, 10x Super Wide Optical Zoom) 3 inch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars Olympus VR-310 in Red, 6 April 2011
Hi,

As someone who is interested in simple but High Quality Digital Photography, this has to be one of the best Point & Shoot Digital Cameras Olympus has ever produced. From the quality of photographs to the general design & quality of product for the price. This Camera is FANTASTIC!!. It literally takes just a few minutes to set up. As soon as you turn it on, you do the basic set up of the date & time with the facility for this to be shown on the photos you download if you so wish. By setting the camera to the iAuto mode it literally becomes a point & shoot Camera. In my personal opinion Olympus have taken a major step forward with this camera in many respects and also in that the Menu Wheel on such previous products such as the Olympus MJU 7040 has been replaced by simple buttons and directional functions. Though my previous purchase the Olympus MJU 7040 is essentially a Point & Shoot Camera it is a little over complicated for someone like me who wants to take a photograph quickly, but also get a good shot at the same time.

The brilliant 3" screen is also excellent for framing your shots & allows you to position yourself just right before taking that all important photograph.

The software that comes with the Camera is also very good allowing you to edit the photos that you have taken as soon as they have been downloaded onto your computer.
It even allows you to plot where your photo was taken using Google Mapping & Post Codes. Click on the built in software map anywhere in the world down to street level & then tag your photo with that information.

If purchasing this Camera I would also recommend purchasing through the Amazon site the Lowepro Rezo 30 Camera Pouch for around £7.49 which is well padded, comes with a strap & extra space for holding spare Batteries or SD Cards should you need them.

Without doubt a FANTASTIC!! good quality camera for the price. I give it a 5 star rating & recommend it to anyone wanting a good Point & Shoot high spec camera at a very good price.

Richard Smiles (Middlesbrough, Teesside)

I have had a bit more of a play with this now & like a number of other contributors have had a few out of focus shots. I have established however that this seems to have alot to do with how quickly you press the shutter button to take the shot. If you press the shutter gently & allow a few extra seconds for the camera to focus you do get a much better result. Unfortunately this site does not appear to allow you to upload examples otherwise I would have been happy to do so to illustrate what I mean. Hope this additional information may be helpful. Kindest Regards Richard
Comment Comments (18) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 28, 2011 11:13 AM BST

Fuji Finepix Z37 10.0mp digital camera, 3x optical zoom (sweet candy) + 2GB SD card and camera case

5.0 out of 5 stars Fuji Finepix Z37 Sweet Candy Package, 23 Mar. 2011
In recent months I have bought 4 of these Cameras as gifts for friends & the feedback has been very positive. In addition I have now seen some sample photos from this Camera & they are very good. The Sweet Candy Z37 Package is fantastic for a Teenage Girl or 20 something Young Lady. To get such lovely feedback, shows just how much this camera is being enjoyed by the receipients of this gift.

MR R M Smiles (Teesside).

Compaq CQ61-325SA 15.6-inch Laptop (Windows 7 Home Premium, Intel Celeron Processor T3100, 3 GB RAM, 250 GB SATA HDD, 802.11b/g, 6 Cell Battery up to 6 Hours Life)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compaq CQ61-325SA Lap Top Computer, 16 Nov. 2009
I recently purchased 2 of these machines as early Christmas Presents for my two brothers. These are the first Computers I have purchased that run on the New Windows 7 operating system & have to say I am very impressed. Within literally seconds of switching on the machine, it recognised our wireless router and was on the Internet very very quickly.

Much of the software loaded onto these machines was either XP and or Vista Compatible & everything loaded on very cleanly & with no problems. Some of the software loaded was Microsoft Office 2007, Adobe Photoshop 5, Microsoft Digital Imaging Suite 10 & Nero 8 Burning Rom Software. Even my brother's Canon Photo Printer which is over 5 years old was recognised & installed very quickly just minutes after it was plugged into the USB port.

I had worried that with wanting to use older software on these machines whether they would be compatible with the New Windows 7 operating system and have to say I need not have worried. I have been delighted with my purchase from Amazon both from a Computer Purchase point of view & from a Windows 7 point of view. Without any hesitation I give the product 5 Stars an excellent purchase.

Just as an additional comment, though I stand by my 5 Star rating of this product, having had chance to play with Windows 7 for a couple of weeks now. For those people who may use BBC iplayer, please be advised that Windows 7 does not currently fully support this. Having tried to watch a few programmes online. I am at the moment getting more buffering than actual programme. One would hope that this problem will get resolved soon, so that Windows 7 can then be fully enjoyed. I would say however that this is more a BBC problem than the product itself.

Mr R M Smiles