Profile for N. Hughes > Reviews

Content by N. Hughes

N. Hughes (Bedford, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
StarTech 1920x1200 Micro HDMI Male to VGA Female Adapter Converter for Smartphones/Ultrabook/Tablet

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work for my machine, 11 April 2014
I wanted to connect my Windows tablet to a projector. Sadly this product simply doesn't work. I get a displaced picture using a projector which is not correct and I cannot get a picture of any sort on a flat screen TV using the PC input. I purchased a similar adaptor from the tablet manufacturer for only slightly more money and it works just fine for both types of display.

CSL - 2 meters HQ Full HD Micro HDMI (Type D) to HDMI (Type A) | gold plated (High Speed) HQ Micro HDMI cable 1.4a / 2.0 Real 3D and Ethernet capable | Full HD / HD Ready / 3D | 1080p / 2160p | black / grey
Offered by CSL-Computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made, 11 April 2014
Needed to connect my Windows tablet to a flat screen TV and this cable works fine. It seems robustly made and does to job. what more can you say about a cable!!

IMOS® 12V 2A UK Power Adapter for Microsoft Surface RT - Black (110~240V)
IMOS® 12V 2A UK Power Adapter for Microsoft Surface RT - Black (110~240V)
Offered by Allround Housewife

2.0 out of 5 stars No indicator light, 29 July 2013
I considered purchasing the "official" Microsoft power supply but reasoned that an aftermarket device would be just as good. However, I'm very disappointed to find that there is no indicator light on the connector plug so unless you look at the Start screen there is no confirmation that it is charging. I'm considering returning for a refund and to purchase a better one.

True Utility FlexiLite TU44 Pocket Light and Red Laser Flexible Magnetic
True Utility FlexiLite TU44 Pocket Light and Red Laser Flexible Magnetic

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful gadget for shedding light on hard to reach things, 8 Nov 2011
An excellent product, ideal for getting light into small spaces and tiny corners. Good value for money. I bought this for examining motorcycle brake pads (notoriously hard to see) and it's perfect for that application. The laser pointer is an interesting addition but not one that I expect to get much use from. However, it's there if you need it. Magnetic base is a boon as you can park the torch and have both hands free. Good value so get one!

Silverline 483730 Extendable Magnetic LED Torch, 3 LED
Silverline 483730 Extendable Magnetic LED Torch, 3 LED

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile and very useful, 8 Nov 2011
An excellent product, ideal for getting light into hard to reach spaces. I had a smaller version that I used for for checkin motorcycle brake pads (notoriously hard to see) and this is a bit too big for that. However, the 3 LED source gives really good light and the telescopic and flexible head makes it really versatile. It look really well made and I thoroughly recommend it.

Rolson Tools 60736 7 1/2" Flexi LED Torch
Rolson Tools 60736 7 1/2" Flexi LED Torch

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for confined spaces, 8 Nov 2011

Mazda MX5 1.6 Workshop Manual (Enthusiast's Workshop Manual Series)
Mazda MX5 1.6 Workshop Manual (Enthusiast's Workshop Manual Series)
by Rod Grainger

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Manual for Most jobs, 17 Sep 2011
This is a good down to earth manual which should help with most tasks that a DIY mechanic can tackle. There are odd things missed out usually related to body and trim but it's a very minor point. The big omission is regrettably a wiring diagram, but you are unlikely to find this in any manual at this price. It's good value and I'd recommend it.

The Stepford Wives [DVD]
The Stepford Wives [DVD]
Dvd ~ Katharine Ross
Offered by TwoRedSevens

4.0 out of 5 stars Always worth seeing the original, 15 Aug 2011
This review is from: The Stepford Wives [DVD] (DVD)
Although recently remade and relaunched there is something about the original that's worth seeing. Sure it shows it's age as a movie made well over 30 years ago but there is a very good and sinister feel to the movle. worth seeing before you see the remake

Epson Stylus Office BX610FW Multifunction Inkjet Printer
Epson Stylus Office BX610FW Multifunction Inkjet Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars Epson BX610FW Printer, 7 Oct 2010
I bought this on an impulse when my Brother MFC died. These days it's just not worth the hassle of getting printers repaired.
I'm very happy with the Epson. The print speed is much faster than the Brother and it was pretty quick and easy to set up.
There is only one irritating glitch. I have my printer connected to my wireless router so it can be used by anyone. The only problem is that the Epson Status Monitor will not allow me to see the ink levels from my laptop. Epson have suggested that I need to add exceptions to the Windows Firewall, which I've done, but it still blocks the Status Monitor from working.
This is not a big deal but Epson have, as yet, not told me how to get around it. I wouldn't find this a strong reason for not buying one, especially at the current price.

Audio Technica ATH-ANC3
Audio Technica ATH-ANC3

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 11 Feb 2010
Now that I'm doing more air travel I have observed an increasing number of people using noise cancelling headphones. My Amazon search revealed many models, mostly very expensive. I also wanted an "in ear" version and the existing reviews looked good. So did the price.
I was somewhat sceptical but when I got them I was extremely impressed. The noise cancelling on trains and aircraft is brilliant! No more trying to catch the dialogue over an intrusive rumble of jet engines.
If you wavering - don't! These are brilliant.

Page: 1 | 2