Profile for Meg > Reviews

Now You See Her
Now You See Her
by James Patterson

1.0 out of 5 stars DREADFUL!, 18 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Now You See Her (Paperback)
The only other James Patterson Book I have read is 'Sail' which was also co-written and a book I considered to be pretty mediocre and very far fetched to say the least, but compared to 'Now you See her' an absolute masterpiece... So, it was with some reluctance that I decided to give 'Now you see Her' a go. The reviews on Amazon seemed generally very good though, and with all of the five star reviews the book earned, I believed it must surely be a book worthy of reading.

I couldn't have been more wrong - this book is absolutely appalling, it is so badly written that it would insult the intelligence of a six year old. I managed to struggle through the first couple of chapters, although it was obvious from reading the first page how badly written it was and I knew straight away that I wasn't going to be very impressed. I have now given up on it completely, I really can't bring myself to read any more of this complete rubbish.

I have read many comments stating that James Patterson is an amazingly talented writer - if that is the case, why then, does he produce so many books that are apparently co-written and of such poor quality. I cannot comment on the books produced solely by Patterson, but I would really not risk trying any of them after the two I have experienced so far.

I just can't understand how so many people have awarded this book five stars.