Profile for HHHPlovexx20 > Reviews

Bridesmaids
Bridesmaids
by Jane Costello

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic Bit Of Chicklit..., 12 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Bridesmaids (Paperback)
This book is a perfect holiday read... Its light hearted and wonderfully funny with short enjoyable chapters- making it all the more easy to read! Definitely one of my all time favourites as the writing just flows and is completely un-put-downable!
A definite recommendation for whoever wants a funny, witty and romantic novel to read whenever and wherever you can!!

Getting Over Mr Right
Getting Over Mr Right
by Chrissie Manby

2.0 out of 5 stars Funny but not all there..., 12 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Getting Over Mr Right (Paperback)
When I got this book I knew it would be quite different to my normal reading material, as I normally like a good old romantic novel (very mushy, I know) but this offered something different for me as it was about getting over someone rather than falling in love with them... So I guess you could say I was broadening my horizons...
Turns out, though, I wish I'd never bothered! This story is about a pathetically weak girl who goes crazy and makes all sorts of toe-curlingly cringey decisions to get her "mr. right" back. Throughout the book I couldn't help but get irritated at the main character Ashleigh who was so annoyingly feeble, that I had to stop myself from shouting out loud as she made loads of stupid decisions. The book I felt, was made worse by the fact the other characters in the story were practically non-existent while the one character we did know about (Ashleigh) was so unlikeable. This book wasn't all bad though, there were some funny bits and the ending was okay.... but overall I wouldn't recommend it as I think a book that causes you so much exasperation is not worth the read!

A Girl Like You
A Girl Like You
by Gemma Burgess

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZZZIINGGG!, 6 Nov. 2011
This review is from: A Girl Like You (Paperback)
I got this book because it recommended to me by amazon....I didn't think much of it but I got it anyway cos I didn't have much else to read....BEST DECISION EVER!!!this book is most definitely one of my all time favourite chick lit books ever!!It's got the right balance of comedy and romance. And you really grow to love the characters so in the end you're really rooting for Abigail. The main character Abigail really speaks to me as see myself just like her :)
I COULD NOT put this book down which i think is the sign of an excellent book...
I definitely recommend this book to ANYONE who loves a good old chick lit book--you won't be disappointed!! Gemma Burgess is a genius writer cannot wait for even more books by her!:)