Profile for Freedom Coach > Reviews

Content by Freedom Coach

Freedom Coach (England)

Page: 1 | 2
Breaking Through: The Making of Minority Executives in Corporate America (Harvard Business Review)
by Dr. David A. Thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 3 Jan. 2012
full of jargon, academia and a little too us centric..I had to dig for the nuggets within it..Not a massive help i'm afraid as it left me thinking "so what" rather than "ehy not!"

With Love, Papa
With Love, Papa
by Bear Grylls

4.0 out of 5 stars simple. powerful and passionate, 3 Jan. 2012
This review is from: With Love, Papa (Hardcover)
I bought this for my son who is well past bed time stories... However the sheer simplicity and power of this book was heartfelt and made it a wonderful present for him.. I hope he then passes this to his sons. sometimes we forget that it doesnt need to be complicated or wrapped in an expensive bow to let someone know they are wonderful and that you are proud. As your children get older, try to remember they need more hughs and not less.

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 3 Jan. 2012
I had yearned for this compilation for some time and thought "what the heck" and treated myself. It is ok but nothing different to any of the other mediation discs I have purchased...for me this is not the hype or the cost

Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action
Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone To Take Action
by Simon Sinek

3.0 out of 5 stars so so but................, 3 Jan. 2012
I enjoyed the ted.com 15 minute presentation from this author and thought, "why not?" and purchased the book. I have to say the simple theme within it is enduring but unfortunately the ted talk was as informative.

Ok for those who already have fashioned their own style and are looking for an affirmation they are on the right path.

Defining Moments: When Managers Must Choose Between Right and Right
Defining Moments: When Managers Must Choose Between Right and Right
by Joseph L Badaracco

2.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm........, 22 Dec. 2011
I have wanted this book for a while so invested in a used copy. I had already read 'leading quietly' : I have to say I was disappointed. The book is written almost as an academic helicopter ride, high level, a few hovering moments and then due to fuel limitations you return to base. Perhaps if this were revisited with some actual case studies over than the three starkly different case studies this could and should be a very important book in the reading and reflection list of any would be leader... anyone can do the easy path, we need more books like this to challenge the hopes and limitations of leaders today

NTE5a Master Socket (BT Authorised Factory) - inc NTE5 Back Box (Network demarcation point / split front extension sockets) - Two part unit ideal to replace damaged existing BT master socket front split half panel
Offered by Rosenet Systems

1.0 out of 5 stars unfortunately not what i expected, 23 Aug. 2011
The socket was not branded as BT as expected. whilst i have received a phone call from the company explaining the branding is within the socket, that is not what i thought i was buying. The picture on Amazon appears to show the same master socket as I already had which has 'BT' on it... Unfortunately when it arrived it didnt.

Given the increasing number of negative reviews i would strongly suggest that the company consider refining its descriptor.. Whilst not a huge amount this has caused some real inconvenience as my engineer declined to fit it as (in his opinion) it was not branded and i had to buy it off him... The returns policy runs to six/seven pages and i am still trying to wade my way through it... Overall a bit of a let down really.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 24, 2014 7:06 PM GMT

Saints of New York
Saints of New York
by R.J. Ellory

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 20 Feb. 2011
This review is from: Saints of New York (Paperback)
Someone said that those who shine the brightest cast the darkest shadow... Frank Parrish could fit into this category. The book weaves the story of past sin/redemption/integrity and corruption. As a serving officer I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and the accuracy and frustrations of the system. My first Ellory book and definitely not the last: An excellent read.

The Boy with the Topknot: A Memoir of Love, Secrets and Lies in Wolverhampton
The Boy with the Topknot: A Memoir of Love, Secrets and Lies in Wolverhampton
by Sathnam Sanghera

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and ................., 28 Dec. 2009
...confusing. I am not a Sikh and my experience of this culture is limited to the contact with friends of this faith over the years. Reading and understanding a book of this kid leans heavily on your own perceptions and experiences. In this I could relate to some of his views. However, his deliberate attempt to steer away from the more personal experiences he had, whether good bad or just 'different' makes the book less impactive than it could have been.This is a window into a closed culture and time that appears to be cracked open so you see and hear only a little- I wonder just how good it could have been..

It is a jumble of feelings emotions and snapshots of areas of his life that he wishes to share..whilst it is not pretty or an easy read- I liked it.. and that is the most important part isn't it ?

The First 90 Days: Critical Success Strategies for New Leaders at All Levels
The First 90 Days: Critical Success Strategies for New Leaders at All Levels
by Michael D Watkins

4.0 out of 5 stars The first 90 days - critical success tratgeies for new leaders at all levels, 25 April 2009
An excellent book but this was in part because I had a thirst for something more than the 'positive thinking' psycho books that appear to spend more time with pneuomonics than substance!

This book provides you with a framework, the trick is to have a pencil, paper and lots of thinking time to hand- As an experienced senior manager I know (with some hindsight!!) success in a post is built on the thinking and focus BEFORE you take up post.

Easy to read, well structured and prompting action- a great combination

Page: 1 | 2