Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Learn More Shop now Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Profile for A. Collins > Reviews

Content by A. Collins

A. Collins "Programmer, powerlifter and lover of maths." (Southampton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The RKC Book of Strength and Conditioning: 45 Powerful Workouts and Training Programs to Inspire You in Your Quest for Athletic Excellence

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read too, 11 Aug. 2015
Packed full of workouts for every type of training. Easy to read too.

Draper Expert 68464 7-Pattern Spray Gun with Brass Connector
Draper Expert 68464 7-Pattern Spray Gun with Brass Connector

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 May 2015
Great!

Smart Weigh SWS1KG Elite Pocket Sized Digital Scale - Black
Smart Weigh SWS1KG Elite Pocket Sized Digital Scale - Black
Offered by Five Star

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 21 Aug. 2014
Perfect for weighing on the go.

AS-Level Maths OCR MEI Complete Revision & Practice
AS-Level Maths OCR MEI Complete Revision & Practice
by CGP Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Great coverage of what you need to know with well structured warm-up exercises and practice exams, 14 April 2014
I really like this book. It's packed full of easy-to-read summary info (everything you need to know to revise) and a decent amount of practice. Combine this with the workbook you've been using in lessons and you'll be well away.

Logitech Marathon M705 Wireless Mouse - Black
Logitech Marathon M705 Wireless Mouse - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite mouse, 10 Mar. 2014
I bought this mouse for its shape as I had used similar Logitech mice before and the shape seemed to fit me better. It's perfect for my 8hour+ a day usage and I love the build quality.

The scroll wheel is exceelent. Being able to switch between free and staggered makes a different when you need to continuously scroll e.g. in large documents.

I also like the side button that's where the thumb sits - very useful for pasting text etc.

I've since bought a second for my home PC.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Slim and strong, 6 Dec. 2013
This fits neatly against the Nexus 5 (16GB here, not that it will make a difference) in a non-intrusive manner. I like the "lip" it creates above the screen so facing down won't have the device resting on its "face" (though with Gorilla Glass this isn't likely to cause scratches, but it's good for peace of mind).

I tried the official Google Bumper Case but that made the device HUGE. This case doesn't impact the size very much at all - it's still quite slim.

The overall aesthetics are nice, and the build quality is good. It feels like it would take any knock and I am confident the case will well protect the device should I drop it.

My only gripe would be that certain headphones/leads might not connect easily with the gap made for the 3.5mm input. Just requires a new lead or a bit of tweaking here and there.

Fitness-Mad Spikey Massage Ball Large 9cm
Fitness-Mad Spikey Massage Ball Large 9cm
Offered by Blue Herbs

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 6 Dec. 2013
Much more usable than a foam roller. I use this ball regularly to ease lower back tightness and other aches that I get from powerlifting. Really worth it!

Scala for the Impatient
Scala for the Impatient

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for getting up to speed quickly, 6 Dec. 2013
I wanted a book that would cover the features of the language for someone who learns new languages regularly. This did exactly what it said on the tin in a nice and concise manner. It's certainly worth keeping for reference material too. I've not yet finished the book but am very pleased thus far.

Civilization V - Game Of The Year Edition (PC DVD)
Civilization V - Game Of The Year Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing game, 1 Oct. 2013
Lots of fun; vast technology tree, something to return to in the future. This is in fact the first game in the Civ series I've played and loved every minute of it.

inShang® Aluminum Case with Built-In Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad 4/3/2 (iPad2/3/4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality, 1 Oct. 2013
You get what you pay for.

Upon opening I realised it was a bad purchase by the "feel" - lots of plastic, cheap paint and general poor build quality. I mounted my iPad3 and began using it. The setup was quick and painless (a plus) but when switching between typing and tapping the screen as part of general use I would find my iPad slipping and falling out of the section dedicated to hold it in; a fundamental failure. I checked instructions (of which there was 1 page) but it did not seem that I was misusing the device.

I immediately returned the item and would not recommending purchase.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3