Profile for Harry > Reviews

Content by Harry

Harry "Harry" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
SCANPART Universal Permanent Coffee Filter, Size 4, Gold
SCANPART Universal Permanent Coffee Filter, Size 4, Gold

2.0 out of 5 stars Lets through a lot of grit, 23 Mar. 2016
Lets through a lot of grit. Perhaps I'm using coffee that's too finely ground - I use the normal supermarket ground coffee. I'm switching back to paper filters.

Triton 1.75m Anti-Kink Shower Hose - Chrome
Triton 1.75m Anti-Kink Shower Hose - Chrome

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 23 Mar. 2016
Good quality – but "Anti-kink?" is a bit of a judgemental name. What I do in the shower is private and none of their business.

Wooden Handle Double Sided Nylon Bristle Nail Brush - Set of 2
Wooden Handle Double Sided Nylon Bristle Nail Brush - Set of 2
Offered by Grids London

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price well made, 23 Mar. 2016
Not much to add. Two good quality wooden nail brushes.

ESYNiC SATA 2.5" / 9.5mm 2nd Hard Drive Caddy Tray for Apple Unibody MacBook / MacBook Pro 13 15 17 SuperDrive DVD Drive Enhance Your Data Storage
Offered by eSynic

2.0 out of 5 stars Feels a bit flimsy, 25 Feb. 2016
It works but felt flimsy and cheaply made as I was installing it

Steam Controller
Steam Controller

1.0 out of 5 stars Try before you buy. It's a fiddly device for expert gamers. I hated it., 7 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Steam Controller (Video Game)
I bought one of these via Steam rather than Amazon (which right now is the cheapest place to get it).

You really should try it out before you get one. I made the mistake of thinking it would be a nice way to get a console-like experience on my desktop computer. It isn't.

It's a tool for expert gamers. It requires lots of configuration work to get it just right for the game you're playing, which takes ages. It's complex by nature and you have to put in some serious effort to memorise what all the buttons do.

I found it was buggy on my Mac steam games. Even when it worked, it felt glitchy to me.

It also has a hollow, light feel to it compared to xbone or PS controllers.

Oralmedic Mouth Ulcer Treatment - 2 x 0.2ml
Oralmedic Mouth Ulcer Treatment - 2 x 0.2ml
Offered by Chemist Counter Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars It works... by burning the ulcer out of your mouth with a fairly strong mixture of acids., 9 Jan. 2016
If you've seen that bit in Rambo when he cauterizes his own shrapnel wound with gunpowder... This is pretty much the same level. The product is a hollow cotton bud that contains a combination of three scary sounding acids. You break the cotton bud at one end then stick the wet end on your ulcer. The searing pain is off the scale, but very brief. The ulcer is scorched off by the acid, along with any other skin you apply it to.

I did it for the first time last night on a massive ulcer that's been in my mouth for a month. I screamed so loud my kids woke up and had to run around the room flapping my arms for a few seconds. It's now gone.

NERF Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow Assortment
NERF Rebelle Heartbreaker Bow Assortment
Offered by Shop Toys

1.0 out of 5 stars Kids found it hard to use., 27 Dec. 2015
Far less easy to use than other nerf guns. This one requires you to pull the string back really hard, and to make sure the bullet is properly positioned or nothing happens.

iHelicopter - Lightspeed Android / iPad / iPhone Controlled i-Helicopter With Turbo
Offered by Paramount Zone COM UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Did not work. Sending back for refund., 27 Dec. 2015
Did not work. Tried the app on an iPhone 6s and an iPad 3. Neither worked. Spend over an hour trying to get it working. My nephew was really disappointed. I've owned a few remote control helicopters in the past. All the cheap ones are rubbish, basically. You need to spend a fair bit to get one that's worthwhile.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 7, 2016 4:01 PM GMT

Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player
Fire TV Stick Streaming Media Player

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain, 27 Dec. 2015
Got this for my dad for xmas. It was down to £20 or so for a black friday special offer. Can't knock it. Does exactly what I expected. Came preloaded with my login details on the device.

Philips Sonicare HX6511/50 EasyClean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Philips Sonicare HX6511/50 EasyClean Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

2.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying a more powerful model., 14 Dec. 2015
Not as powerful as you'd hope. The last sonicare I bought was around £100 and had various modes. It really blasted my teeth clean. This one is less powerful and I find I have to brush "twice" to get the same effect. You get what you pay for.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5