Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Rise
Rise
Offered by westworld-

4.0 out of 5 stars Not to be mistaken, 24 Sep 2006
This review is from: Rise (Audio CD)
Influence is ever present in this outfit, I see things a little differently though. The Answer certainly rock, but to a different degree than Free, Zepplin, ACDC or the Crowes. Having all the attributes reqired to sit at this table of greats they just seem in a rush to get there and it shows in the music. A debut album that does not disappoint as long as you know what you are getting.

Grand Funk (Remastered)
Grand Funk (Remastered)
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Funkin fantastic, 20 Sep 2006
This review is from: Grand Funk (Remastered) (Audio CD)
Inside looking out ( track 8 ) was played to me as a young lad by my dad. "Listen to this" he said, having just had the compilation album imported from the USA ( a time before internet ) since hearing it played by fluff one Saturday night. I was blown away by the raw and filthy dirty sound that filled our house, It was like nothing I had ever heard, My dad had struck Gold. I played my part in research and found this album full of the same sound to accompany "The finest rock track in history". Imagine my face to hear the opening track ( Got this thing on the move ) kick in. To think these guys made this stuff back in 69 makes it all the more special for me, its Rock music from the begining, Its raw, Its dirty and its rare. Buy it and play it to all like minded so they can get it because it should sit proud in any Rock lovers collection.