Profile for C. Patterson > Reviews

Content by C. Patterson

C. Patterson (UK)

Whittard of Chelsea Flavoured Coffee Gift box (6 x 66g boxes in one gift set)
Whittard of Chelsea Flavoured Coffee Gift box (6 x 66g boxes in one gift set)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gift, 12 Jun. 2016
Bought as a gift and the recipient WA very pleased. Nice selection of flavours for those who like flavoured coffee.

My Ashtray Lavender and White Pocket Ashtray
My Ashtray Lavender and White Pocket Ashtray
Offered by Imago Global

4.0 out of 5 stars Nifty, does what it says, 12 Jun. 2016
Really handy item. It works as described and is great if you ever find yourself in a situation without a bin nearby. Not sure how durable it will be as it seems a little flimsily but for the price and its use its worth it and I will buy more to keep on me.

Nair Facial Brush-on Sensitive Hair Remover, 50ml
Nair Facial Brush-on Sensitive Hair Remover, 50ml
Offered by TSBIG

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible! Should have zero stars!, 12 Jun. 2016
Followed instructions and it worked very well the first few times (usually I use these products every 2-3 weeks or less). The brush is rubbish, made of thick plastic that doesn't pick up or spread the product well at all. It feels quite scratchy on the skin as well. After the 3rd use however it burned really badly and left horrible red swelling that I've never experienced with a product like this before. Used cooled aloe gel which helped a little but the stinging still remained. As this is marketed for sensitive skin it certainly wouldn't be suitable at all - my skin isn't particularly sensitive but other reviews show how bad this product can be! Please do not use this - it's rubbish packaging and will burn your skin. I normally use Boots own brand version and will be sticking with that from now on. This is going straight in the bin.

Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite
Kindle, 6" E Ink Display, Wi-Fi, Graphite

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for regular readers, 15 April 2012
I got the Kindle WiFi as a Christmas present last year, I'll be honest that I was worried I wouldn't take to the new reading format, as I love my books and wasn't sure how parting with paper would go down. However, I have to say I am really converted! It is incredibly easy to read on it - even lying down on your side (something that would sometimes make my hand hurt a little). The selection of books is fantastic and there are lots of free ones to download as well. I love that I don't have to wait for deliveries - it's straight on your kindle for you to start reading. The battery life is good, I have charged it 3 times since getting it so that's keeping in line with the "1-month" promise. If you turn on the wifi you do notice that the battery life goes down quite quickly so it's best to leave it off when your not using it. I haven't really bothered with the WebKit browser - I had a little go when I first got it and it's OK, a bit fiddly with the onscreen keyboard, but I think if your wanting a Kindle it's for the e-book experience rather than web browsing. It was also really easy to set up, you just connect it to your internet out of the box, set up your amazon account and off you go - there is a pdf file already on the kindle which is your user guide. I also bought a cheap case for mine to keep it scratch free (link below), but you can get screen protectors for it too if you didn't want a case. I still buy the occasional paper book - mostly when I find that it's cheaper or if it's educational - I just prefer those in paper as it's easier to flick back and forth. In all, if your a regular reader you will probably find this a great experience!

TeckNet® NEW Kindle Premium Folio Case / Cover With Magnetic Clasp for NEW Amazon Kindle / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Includes Kindle Rear Protector - Purple

One Tree Hill - Season 5 [DVD] [2008]
One Tree Hill - Season 5 [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Chad Michael Murray
Offered by MusicnMedia

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not the Best, 31 Mar. 2011
This season is a bit shorter than previous ones, I think this is perhaps due to the writers strike that took place. However, the creators have done a good job of handling the transition (this season is set 4 years after season 4). The true heroes of this season is Haley and Nathan and there little boy James - the whole Peyton/ Lucas saga seems to be second to them now (though that's just how I felt about it). I'm currently waiting on S6 which seems set for more of the action seen in previous ones. In all, it's still really good, and worth buying if your a OTH fan.

The Break Up [DVD]
The Break Up [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vince Vaughn
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a Rom-Com, 31 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Break Up [DVD] (DVD)
This is definitely not rom-com since there is no romance (they just argue) and it's not very funny. It's actually a bit depressing to watch. I'm not a huge fan of Aniston but I think she did do good in this film, it's just a shame that the film itself was a let down. I'm still not sure what the premise is meant to be...

Psychopathology: Research, Assessment and Treatment in Clinical Psychology (BPS Textbooks in Psychology)
by Graham C. Davey

5.0 out of 5 stars Great intro for students of even those just interestin in psychopathology, 11 Jun. 2010
This textbook is very well structured and cover a wide range of topics within the field of psychopathology from mood disorder to substance abuse and developmental issues. I am using it whilst studying for my degree and its been great. It's very explanatory so even if your not a student you will find it very insightful. Everything is covered from concepts and diagnostics to therapies and concordance issues. What sets it out from some other textbooks is that a majority of case studies and statistic referred to are from UK research. If your studying with the aim to work in the UK as a psychologist this aspect is particularly relevant. A lot of other textbooks that are published in the USA refer to American examples, whereas this gives a better idea of what is going on in the UK. The DVD is great addition too and also provides some career advice as well as case study interviews.

Dead Until Dark: A True Blood Novel: 1 (Sookie Stackhouse series)
Dead Until Dark: A True Blood Novel: 1 (Sookie Stackhouse series)
by Charlaine Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining! A good start to a great series!, 11 Jun. 2010
I watched the TV series before reading the book and was far from disappointed. Harris' writing style is lightweight and easy to read but please don't interpret that as 'dumbed down' as some reviewers have. If you enjoy vampire fiction and anything of the supernatural then this is great for you. You feel like you are with Sookie throughout her adventures and it's just fab for relaxing with in order to escape all those stresses we have in life!

Some folk on here have described Sookie as arrogant but I disagree - I think it is really refreshing to have a heroine that says "Yeah, I'm good-looking, I like my body", it makes me love her all the more! I'm currently on the 4th book and they keep getting better!

As for who this book is suited to I'm not so sure. I'm 20 and really liked it but my boyfriends dad is also reading the series and he's in his 40's! Take it with a pinch of salt and let yourself fall into Sookie's world and you will like it. Just don't be expecting any philosophical insight into morals or humanity and all that stuff - if you want that try Anne Rice. Harris is about all out action and entertainment. Love it!!