Profile for K. Clarke > Reviews

Content by K. Clarke

K. Clarke (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
GameOn HDMI 2m Cable - Black (Xbox 360/PS3)
GameOn HDMI 2m Cable - Black (Xbox 360/PS3)
Offered by Mayflower Stores

4.0 out of 5 stars Works but isn't the item in the picture, 19 May 2012
I have previously purchased 2 gameon hdmi cables and needed another. This is not the same item. It arrived in a grey bag without any packaging, the previous ones were in a blister pack and there was no paperwork with it at all which is very unusual. The cable itself is different to the originals which have a fabric covering. That said, it works. I bought it to hook my ipad 2 up to my hd tv and it does that. I cannot comment on how well it would work with a gamestation as haven't tried it with those but the originals are brilliant with both our ps3 and xbox 360. So, not as described but does do the job.

XXL Premium Quality iPad 3 Extra Extra Long 3 meter Data Sync / Charging Cable - 3 Meter XXL White Colour

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 19 May 2012
Ordered this item as wanted to be able to plug in and keep charging the ipad when watching films etc and the 1 metre supplied cable is just not long enough. It arrived 2 days after ordering, plugged it in and away I went. Connection is as neat as the original not loose or wobbly (which I had expected for the price) and it is a full 3 metres long. Does what I want it to do>

TeckNet® New Apple iPad Mini Extra Slimline Smart Case Cover With Built-in Magnet for Auto Sleep/Wake Feature Black
Offered by BlueByte Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 24 Feb 2012
I purchased this item having read various reviews and it seemed to meet what I wanted from a cover and stand. It fits perfectly, none of the buttons, cameras etc are impaired. The stand works perfectly ad it looks good. Also bought it in pink for more girly moments. Excellent price, the magnetic seep cover works brilliantly and it protects my uch used iPad from scratches and bumps. What more could you want from a cover/stand. I would highly recommend this item!

2 in 1 iPad Camera Connection Kit for Apple iPad
2 in 1 iPad Camera Connection Kit for Apple iPad
Offered by Best Deals Uk

1.0 out of 5 stars Not supported - doesn't work, 15 Jan 2012
Bought this before Christmas having read the reviews, tried to use it for the first time last night and the display on my ipad 2 says it is not supported by ipad. Seems it is a bit hit and miss as to whether it will work. My advice, if you order it, try it straight away, if yours works hurrah! if not you can then return it.

Samsung ST700 Digital Camera - Silver (16MP, 5x Optical Zoom) 1.8 inch Front, 3 inch Rear Touch LCD

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good idea!, 23 Aug 2011
I bought this camera because I was finding when we come back from a holiday or a day out we have photos of my husband which I took, or photos of me which he took but few together. The screen on the front of this camera makes it easy to take pictures of the two of us without the results having half a head or a very weird expression!. I love the numerous applications it has and the smartphone style interface is so easy to use. Children mood is a brilliant idea, it plays an animation on the front screen to attract the little ones' attention so you can get a really good picture. You can also set the camera to recognise smiles so it takes the photo when the child smiles, very useful for babies! There are lost of fun apps which allow you to put pictures into backgrounds such as a newspaper or a full moon. You can apply various filters such as old film or sketch and these give the pictures a whole new look. I have found the camera really easy to use and I am not an extra by any stretch of the imagination. The camera also looks great (very shiny) and comes with a cloth to wipe the finger marks off. The zoom is really good and the detail the close up setting produces is amazing especially when you then zoom into the picture. Video is crystal clear, very impressive and again there are easy apps and settings so even a total novice cannot get it wrong. I love this camera it is a really good buy. I can't wait to get out and about to really put it to the test. Highly recommend this camera to anyone looking for a reasonably priced full range camera with amazing settings.

HP CN245B Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer
HP CN245B Photosmart Wireless e-All-in-One Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars I am impressed!, 23 Aug 2011
I read all the reviews before buying this product so a good idea of quite a few of the possible problems. I have set it up to run with one netbook running on windows 7 basic, one laptop running windows xp and one desktop running windows xp. Set up was easy for all three. I downloaded the drivers for the desktop and the netbook but found I had to load the full package on to at least one computer to get the scan facility to run. Once that was done it scanned and said it was e mailing to my email address but the scans have never arrived. Still working on that one and will update when I have managed to cure the problem. Setting up wireless was easy, no problem at all just followed the instructions on the screen. Once wireless was set up and I had registered my printer I went to apps. That downloaded the apps and an update and then printed an instruction sheet for setting up the email account - again, worked like a dream. I have been able to print from all three machines and also from my basic alcatel 808 mobile phone. This has e mail running on gprs but is not a smartphone and it worked! I am looking at getting an ipad 2 shortly so was pleased to see it will print from that device. The print quality is good. I haven't used the card reader yet but have printed photos from a test page on ordinary paper and that was impressive with very little bleed considering the quality of the paper. The one strange thing I found was the two laptops recognised the printer with one IP address, the desktop gave it a different address. This confused me at first but then I realised the laptops were wireless and the desktop was plugged into the internet (only the final digit was different on the address). Setting up the latop after the full programme installation got a little bit messy despite it having worked fine with just the driver download. It told me it couldn't find the printer on the network but the network test print said it was there. I ignored it and it printed from the laptop wirelessly without any problem. The apps are cute but I doubt I will use them. I do want to be able to use the scan to email facility though so if anyone else has come across this problem I would be grateful for any tips found. The machine itself is neat and looks pretty smart if you are concerned about these things. The footprint isn't huge, takes up a lot less space than my old printer and scanner separates. It seems pretty sturdy and looks like it will last but I haven't had it that long. I bought the usb cable to go with it but haven't used it yet although if the internet ever goes down (God forbid!) I will be able to use it to still print. I am really pleased with this purchase, the print is quick and i haven't found it noisy at all but then I am used to sitting next to a printer all day at work. I would recommend this machine to anyone.

eMachines E350 10.1 inch Netbook (Intel Atom N450 1.66GHz, 1GB, 160GB, WLAN, Webcam, Win 7 Starter) - Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Machine, 6 Aug 2011
I had never heard of emachines but found this on the amazon website and read the reviews. It seemed to do exactly what I wanted a netbook for so I ordered it - and it does! It arrived quickly and was up and running within minutes of taking it out of the box. I actually quite like the way it looks but then I bought it to use it as a netbook not carry it around like a handbag! The screen is sharp and clear (better quality than my Dell laptop), it is fast enough for my purposes and has pretty much all the software on you might want. I did purchase a zipad to go with it so I can play DVDs and use any software I have on disc without messing around with lots of connections and that required a fee download to get the DVD player working (VLC). Once that was done the DVDs ran brilliantly. The speaker is quite quiet but I don't need the sound that often for what I use the machine for and I purchased a brilliant clip on set of speakers from amazon which provides all the sound I need when watching movies. The machine is light and portable and web browsing is great. Skype works brilliantly too with the built in webcam. It has Windows 7 starter and for me that is enough I don't need the full version. I did upgrade the RAM to 2GB before I even switched it on and have had no problems with slow running (again is faster than my Dell laptop). It comes with a basic Office 2011 which includes word and excell and I don't need anything more than that for what I use the netbook for. I am really pleased with this little machine and highly recommend it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2011 9:02 AM BST

Trust Vertico 10 inch Netbook / Mini Laptop Carry Bag 16916 (Black / Orange)
Trust Vertico 10 inch Netbook / Mini Laptop Carry Bag 16916 (Black / Orange)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the Job, 6 Aug 2011
I bought this bag to store and transport my emachines netbook and it is perfect for the job. It is a sturdy little bag and very well made. Excellent value for money! Not only does it house my netbook, it also holds my zipad, my speakers and a number of cables although trying to fit the AC adaptors for the netbook and the zipad was a bit tight and I opted for stuffing those into my handbag. It looks good too and has a really sturdy carry handle as well as a long shoulder strap. There is a rigid edge inside the main body so it also offers protection for your kit. If you need to get around with your netbook a lot, this is a must have. Highly recommend this item.

Ziboo 33952 Zipad Netbook USB Docking Station with DVD/RW & 250GB Hard Disk Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good idea!, 6 Aug 2011
I bought this to go with my emachines netbook to add usbs, memory and of course a DVD/RW - brilliant! My netbook sits on top of it perfectly so it doesn't take up anymore space when working. The connecting cable is just the right length (but make sure you plug in the right connector) so no messy dangly wires. I plugged mine in and it worked like a dream. Data transfer to the hard drive is simple and fast enough without any problems at all. DVDs played perfectly (although I did have to download free software for this but that was due to my netbook not the zipad). Really useful for loading software I already have on CD/DVD without having to purchase downloadable versions or mess around connecting laptops to my netbook. Great idea and makes my netbook even more useable without losing the neatness and portability. Highly recommend this piece of kit.

USB 2.0 MICRO-SD/MICRO SDHC MEMORY CARD READER - SDHC UP TO 32GB by SERENA
USB 2.0 MICRO-SD/MICRO SDHC MEMORY CARD READER - SDHC UP TO 32GB by SERENA
Offered by KING OF FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars USB 2.0 MICRO-SD/MICRO SDHC MEMORY CARD READER - SDHC UP TO 32GB by SERENA, 6 Aug 2011
I bought this little device to make it easier to transfer information on my mobile without having to fiddle around with cables - brilliant! It arrived quickly, plugged it in, software installed in seconds and was ready to go. I inserted my 8GB MSD went to computer and there was. I didn't experience the problem of the card not being recognised if the reader is plugged in first as another reviewer did. Transfer of information was fast too, as someone else has noted, much faster than a standard usb pen. I also have a camera with a micro SDHC card and that seems to be the way cards are going so I think this little device will get a lot of use. Have popped it into my netbook bag, takes up no space at all, unlike the cables. Fantastic value, fast and free delivery. Highly recommend this item.

Page: 1 | 2