Profile for W. Martin > Reviews

Content by W. Martin

W. Martin "Mummy Martin" (Sheffield UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Pride & Prejudice & Zombies [DVD] [2016]
Pride & Prejudice & Zombies [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Lily James

4.0 out of 5 stars Take a chance!, 26 Feb. 2016
As a huge Pride and Prejudice fan I couldn't decide whether to be intrigued or repulsed by the idea of this film. I went to watch it with a friend at the cinema as the other options were limited and I had very minimal expectations, particularly as I don't do zombies. But I loved it and will now be buying the dvd when released. The cast were, without exception, fantastic. They captured with ease the characteristics of the original Austen characters and their relationships. Before watching I couldn't see how this would work, the mash up of two such different genres seemed insane, but it was a great mixture of tongue in cheek / laugh out loud humour with the expected period romance. After the initial 'what??' reaction, I quickly accepted the zombies as just another type of enemy the militia may have protected people from, though loved the fact that the Bennett sisters became warriors too! Considering there was lots of zombie stuff it was not particularly scary as it was tempered by humour. Definitely glad I stepped out of my comfort zone and took a chance!

Twirlywoos Talking Chickedy Soft Toy
Twirlywoos Talking Chickedy Soft Toy
Offered by Crocodile Stores Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Dec. 2015
20 month old carrying this around everywhere... A big hit.

Harry Potter 1-Piece Ceramic Hermione Grainger Mug
Harry Potter 1-Piece Ceramic Hermione Grainger Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars loved, 26 Dec. 2015
Daughter over the moon, loved this

Peekabook - Princess! (Peekabooks)
Peekabook - Princess! (Peekabooks)
by Philip Dauncey

5.0 out of 5 stars Favourite book of our 10 month old, 22 Feb. 2015
Favourite book of our 10 month old, read over and over again. Easy to lift the flaps and bright, bold pictures. Having to buy a 2nd copy now though as she's eaten much of the flap on the 1st page!!

Candy Crush Saga
Candy Crush Saga

5.0 out of 5 stars addictive, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Candy Crush Saga (App)
Addictive and so many levels, great! Frustrating when you have to wait for lives to restock, but otherwise great fun.

Dinny Hall Sterling Silver Mini Heart Pendant of 41cm + 5 cm EXTENDER
Dinny Hall Sterling Silver Mini Heart Pendant of 41cm + 5 cm EXTENDER

4.0 out of 5 stars Very small, 5 Dec. 2013
Very, very small. Cute and I like it - a very easy to wear everyday necklace. Glad I only paid the £21 black Friday price though, much more than that and I would have been gutted by how small it is.

925 sterling silver elegant clip-on button style floral design bracelet / bangle jewellery classic design
Offered by Linkings

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful stocking filler, 2 Dec. 2013
It's cheap, so don't expect wonders. That said, it's pretty and grown up in style which is perfect for my daughter's Christmas stocking which is all I wanted it for.

Bomb Cosmetics Birds of Paradise Giftpack
Bomb Cosmetics Birds of Paradise Giftpack

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks and smells fab, 2 Dec. 2013
I haven't opened these as they are for a gift (and are already beautifully wrapped). They smell lovely (through the wrapping) and seem good value for the £8 I paid during Black Friday's deals.

Bomb Cosmetics Luxury Ballotin Assortment Bath Gift Set
Bomb Cosmetics Luxury Ballotin Assortment Bath Gift Set

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty, quite strong smelling, 2 Dec. 2013
Pretty little bath products (little being a key word), nicely presented in a little card box with descriptive tag. They have been bought as a present so I've not tested them, but I'm hoping the fragrance dies down a little when used as it's quite overpowering (albeit a nice smell). Paid £7 in the Black Friday deals and happy with the product for this price, it seems an appropriate cost for a nice gift, but not sure I'd have paid the full £10.

Dinny Hall Sterling Silver Heart Stud Earrings
Dinny Hall Sterling Silver Heart Stud Earrings

4.0 out of 5 stars Every day wearable, 30 Nov. 2013
Cute little silver earrings which can be worn as everyday jewellery rather than for special occasions. I'm pleased with them (having bought them for £25) but am not sure I'd have paid full price for them (I think they're listed at £50 normally). They are quite a bit smaller than I expected, but cute. Come gift boxed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3