Profile for Barry Searle > Reviews

Content by Barry Searle

Barry Searle (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Up Sticks: Spain: Book two follows the happy go lucky couple as they discover the Costa Brava

5.0 out of 5 stars An amusing fun read., 7 April 2016
Really good easy bedtime reading. I enjoyed the first book but like that one this is a bit short. Would have enjoyed a longer version, perhaps by amalgamating the two.

Up Sticks: Hilarious tales of a young couple who sold up and embarked on an epic eight year road trip

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good if a bit short, 22 Mar. 2016
An easy read with lots of amusing bits. It is very short and doesn't take long to read. I am now reading the sequel when they go to Spain and that too is very good. Shame they didn't amalgamate the books.

The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes From a Small Island (Bryson)
The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes From a Small Island (Bryson)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 3 Jan. 2016
Not Bill Bryson's best book but still very readable with some amusing parts.

3 in 1 360° Full Rotation windscreen / Air Vent Car Holder For iPhone 6 4.7, Works In Portrait Or Landscape Position - car holder for mobile phone Perfect For Sat Nav Use (iphone 6)
Offered by PJP ELECTRONICS

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Value, 3 Jan. 2016
Works perfectly and such amazing value. It works as well as some costing four times as much in the shops.

HP HPJ3M82AE 364 Original Ink Cartridges Combination Pack - Mulit-pack (Black, Yellow, Magenta, Cyan), Pack of 4

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning, 3 Jan. 2016
I bought these as spare inks. When I went to use the black one some 6 months later it would not work as clearly the contacts were damaged. It's too late for me to return it. So be careful and make sure you check they are ok before the return period runs out.

Numicon: Bag of Numicon Shapes 1-10
Numicon: Bag of Numicon Shapes 1-10
Offered by Book Depository

5.0 out of 5 stars Great teaching aid, 21 Nov. 2015
I saw that they used these at my grandson's school to teach numbers and simple addition and subtraction. They are such a brilliant idea that I bought some and my grandson loves playing with them and he is learning at the same time.

New Night Vision 1080P HD 2.7" CCTV In Car DVR Accident Camera Video Recorder
New Night Vision 1080P HD 2.7" CCTV In Car DVR Accident Camera Video Recorder
Offered by CSD Tech

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money, 20 Sept. 2015
The most useless bit of rubbish I have ever purchased. It half worked to start with but now is completely useless. It keeps turning itself off and am unable to see the files on my laptop. The instructions make no sense at all.

Noza Tec U8 Bluetooth Smart Wrist Watch for IOS Android
Noza Tec U8 Bluetooth Smart Wrist Watch for IOS Android
Offered by XINBOQIAN EU

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 28 Jun. 2015
Considering its cost it is good value because it does work and was easy to connect with my iPhone. Having said that it is not very compatible with the iPhone although some functions work. The anti lost function is very useful. The watch is comfortable to wear and looks good apart from a nasty mark in one corner. I find it annoying that every time I want to see the time I have to press the button. The battery life is a bit temperamental but generally lasts 3 to 4 days. I wish now that I had spent a bit more and got a better quality watch but for now this one will do.

3 Preschool Activities in One App - Fun Educational Kids Games (ABC letters, learn numbers, teach colors, shapes, 123 counting, matching objects and train memory) for Toddlers & Kindergarten Explorers Free

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not brilliant., 15 May 2015
They are good apps but very basic. My grandchildren will play with them for a short while but quickly get bored.

Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
Fire HD 6, 6" HD Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations, 15 May 2015
I bought this mainly to read books especially on holiday but I have found it very useful for all sorts of other things. My grandchildren love using it for books games and educational apps. I found it a bit difficult to work out how to use it to start with a wish there was some sort of basic instructions to go with it. I think I have now figured out how to do most things and I must say I am really thrilled with it. I also have an I Pad and compared to that the Fire HD is amazing value.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3