Profile for Phil W. > Reviews

Phil W. "covenite" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17
Miracle Care Kwik-Stop Pads, Pack of 90
Miracle Care Kwik-Stop Pads, Pack of 90

3.0 out of 5 stars They do what they say, stopping bleeding from small cuts - eventually., 27 Jun. 2016
I recently had to use these when I cut one of my dog's claws a bit too short, it took several pads to stop the bleeding (although she didn't help by licking at the offending claw every time I let go of her paw). I'd also recommend wearing gloves when treating a cut as any bloody stains that get on your fingers after coming into contact with these pads dry very quickly and are very difficult to remove.

VonHaus 18V Li-Ion Fast Charge Cordless Drill/Driver Free 2 Year Warranty complete with 13 piece accessory set + Carry Case
Offered by DOMU UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad at the price., 27 Jun. 2016
I bought this drill to replace an old NiCad one that I used with a steady winder attachment for my caravan. It's not bad quality at the price. Speeds are similar to my more expensive 12v Li-on drill, and the battery seems to last a fair time between charges. The only issue so far is the chuck coming undone on a couple of occasions, so I'd be a bit hesitant to use it for drilling thick wood or steel..

Karrimor Bodmin Mid IV Weathertite, Men High Rise Hiking Shoes, Brown (Dkb), 9 UK (43 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality trainers and reasonable wet weather protection., 27 Jun. 2016
I've had two pairs of Karrimor Bodmin trainers, I like the quality more than some other, similar priced brands. They're not 100% waterproof, but having recently got caught in heavy rain for nearly 30 minutes and getting only slightly damp socks, at this price I'm not complaining!

Car Battery Power Booster Jump Starter Road Start Rescue Pack 1600 12v SIP 03936
Offered by Bennetts1954

5.0 out of 5 stars Good starter, usual SIP quality., 27 Jun. 2016
No nonsense boost starter. Started my Volvo XC90 diesel easily when it's battery went low after the car had been standing for a while.

Ruffwear Web Master Harness, Large/ X-Large Red Currant
Ruffwear Web Master Harness, Large/ X-Large Red Currant

5.0 out of 5 stars Great harness and seems escape proof., 27 Jun. 2016
I like Ruffwear products and this is a great harness, which I use when walking our very boisterous Malamute/Husky cross who loves to play "catch me if you can" when it's time to get her back on the lead, so having a large handle to grab is really good. It also seems to be escape proof (in fact getting it off her is a good game...).

Glovion® Rechargeable Electronic Arc Flameless & Windproof Cigarette Lighter (Golden)
Offered by Novostore

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good lighter at the price, 27 Jun. 2016
I bought this for my wife. It looks and feels like a much more expensive lighter than it is, and has a good spark (I've used it to light small cigars). It stopped working once, but a quick clean as per the instructions quickly restored the spark (I used the cleaning brush from my shaver). It changes easily from the USB port of my laptop, and has an easily visible LED charge indicator.

P.KU.VDSL Camping Sleeping Bag Pack Compression Bags Storage Carry Bag
P.KU.VDSL Camping Sleeping Bag Pack Compression Bags Storage Carry Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made stuff bag., 27 Jun. 2016
Well made and takes my old Ajungilak bag without any fuss.

Top Life Formula Dog Milk (200ml)
Top Life Formula Dog Milk (200ml)
Offered by Cooking Marvellous

2.0 out of 5 stars Price is too high, 27 Jun. 2016
Too expensive; I've switched to lactose free milk, which my dog likes just as much and which is available much cheaper from our local supermarket.

Premium Space Saver *Jumbo Vacuum Storage Bags* [Works With Any Vacuum Cleaner + FREE Hand-Pump for Travel!] Double-Zip Seal and Triple Seal Turbo-Valve for Maximum Compression! [80% More Storage Space than other Brands!] 100% Money-Back Guarantee! (6 Pack 100 x 80CM)
Offered by I-Innovate

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and just about big enough to take a king size duvet, 27 Jun. 2016
Great for packing away bedding, clothing etc. to take up less space when travelling or for storage. I have used one to pack a king-size duvet - the bag was just about big enough - and another to pack three pillows and a sheet. The seal seems fairly secure but needs firm pressure to make sure it seals properly- the small tag for doing up the seal does slip off easily, but can simply be pushed back on (there is a tag with each bag). The hand pump works well enough although it takes quite a while to get all the air out; with a vacuum cleaner it only takes a few seconds.

Kingavon - Water Kettle - Small Electric Cordless Travel Jug Kettle - White - 1l
Offered by FiNeWaY

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little kettle., 27 Jun. 2016
Boils in reasonable time and fairly well made. Rating plate says 230 - 240 volt, 760 - 900 watt.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-17