Profile for AlanH > Reviews

Content by AlanH

AlanH "Al" (Cleveland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Metro Digital Edition
Metro Digital Edition

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay as a freebie, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Metro Digital Edition (App)
not sure if it's me, the tablet format or the product but I just find navigating through this to be a pain.

Mr Bean : Flying Teddy
Mr Bean : Flying Teddy

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh, 16 Aug 2014
This review is from: Mr Bean : Flying Teddy (App)
Too hard for little kids, not interesting enough for ayone else. Lasted less than 10 minutes

K-9 Mail
K-9 Mail

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective but..., 1 May 2014
This review is from: K-9 Mail (App)
I got this as a back up for my regular mail app because it was hanging up when opening mail with pdf attachments from overseas. K-9 picked them up without a hitch. It also sounds an alert on incoming mail. Even so, I use the other app on a regular basis in preference to this because I don't like this layout. Am I shallow, or what?

The Hunger Games Adventures
The Hunger Games Adventures

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 1 May 2014
This review is from: The Hunger Games Adventures (App)
Not seen the hunger games yet but even so this was tedious. It reminded me of second rate games from years ago. Couldn't be bothered with it for more than two minutes!

Trunki BoostApak Travel Backpack Booster Seat (Green)
Trunki BoostApak Travel Backpack Booster Seat (Green)
Price: 34.95

4.0 out of 5 stars okay so far, 1 May 2014
Going to Portugal with a four year old this year, and car seat hire overseas is ridiculously expensive, so we bought this. We've used it for a week or so at home and it's been great. It's smaller than a regular car seat so we will still use it if we have two adults in the back too but it's going into storage for now because we want to keep it safe for the holiday.
It's light and has enough space to carry her portable DVD and some discs as well as books and pencils. Really good value for money; a car seat and flight luggage!

Silcpset 158 - High Heat and Oven Glass Door Glue
Silcpset 158 - High Heat and Oven Glass Door Glue
Offered by SPARES-2-GO
Price: 12.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Did what it promised, 1 May 2014
Bought this to fix a loose glass front on an oven. It's black, sticky and gets everywhere so be careful. I made sure that I followed the instructions to the letter and kept the parts clamped for 24 hours. Three months later and the glass front is still in place. I also tried to use it as a replacement for a regular adhesive elsewhere but regretted it because of the black staining. Use it in the right circumstances and it's great.

Pocket Rally
Pocket Rally
Price: 0.65

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I could finish it, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Pocket Rally (App)
It took ages to get the hang of the controls but once I did I was away. Some rounds took a couple of evenings to get through but it was really satisfying to crack them. My only complaint is that the final round seems to be impossible to win. The lead car disappears into the distance and I have never, ever managed a lap time fast enough to even keep pace let alone overtake it.

Stunning graphics and clever effects. Loved running the other cars off the road and to confound the critics, I haven't been de-sensitised enough to do it in real life...

The Long War (Long Earth 2)
The Long War (Long Earth 2)
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant sequel, 1 May 2014
If you enjoyed the Long Earth, you should love this as it this follows in its footsteps and develops the story further with the original characters. The only thing that jars with me is Terry's decision to carry across the name of Lobsang from the Discworld series. Don't be confused, this is mainstream Sci-Fi written by top flight collaborators, but it isn't zany Discworld humour.

Playtime
Playtime

4.0 out of 5 stars Granddaughter loves it, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Playtime (App)
My four year old granddaughter can find this on the apps listing and open and play it by herself and she loves it. There is a parental option that allows you to change the settings.

The games update periodically and they are simple, very simple, but well designed.

Mini Piano
Mini Piano
Price: 0.66

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple but cool!, 1 May 2014
This review is from: Mini Piano (App)
Really good HD graphics and a neat sounding set of instruments. Even some pre-programmed tunes to demonstrate. I don't use it every day but its staying on the Kindle for now just because it's so good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6