Profile for aszy1211 > Reviews

Content by aszy1211

"aszy1211"

Living with Crohn's Disease (Overcoming Common Problems)
Living with Crohn's Disease (Overcoming Common Problems)
by Joan Gomez

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to understand and informative., 13 May 2004
After being diagnosed with Crohn's in March 2004, I went to find all the information that I could about it. This was the book I found, and I have been so grateful for it. It is really easy to understand, because, at 17, I didn't really understand medical jargon, and this explains things in enough detail to make it understandable, but does't over do it. It is a big overview of the illness and because of that, I have found it didn't always have as much information as I would have liked about certain medications. However, in general, this book has been a great way to help not only myself, but my friends and family understand the condition better.

Who is Jill Scott?
Who is Jill Scott?
Offered by DVD Overstocks

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fantastic taste of neo soul, 27 Jun. 2003
This review is from: Who is Jill Scott? (Audio CD)
I happened to listen to this album when I was babysitting once and fell in love with Jill Scott's gorgeous voice and powerful lyrics.
It's a brilliant album for every time of day as there is something for every emotion. The album really makes you start to understand "Who is Jill Scott" and every song takes you on a journey.
My favourite tracks on the album are "A Long Walk" which made me cry when I first heard it; "Love Rain" and "The Way" but there are no songs that I dislike and I will listen to the album top to bottom.
Give Jill Scott a try if you like Neo Soul with great beats and lyrics.

A Love Story
A Love Story
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, soulful album, 22 Jun. 2003
This review is from: A Love Story (Audio CD)
Another chance hearing on MTV Base. After hearing a 30 second snipet of Emotional Rollercoaster I went and bought this album, and love it!
I can listen to this album top to bottom and not want to skip over any tracks. There are tracks such as Fanatic and Affected which you just can't help singing to and tracks like Emotional Roller and Sittin' By The Phone which you just sit and listen to, but love anyway.
Definitely worth a listen!

Untitled
Untitled
Offered by I-Deal Media

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic blend of RnB, Jazz, and so much more., 22 Jun. 2003
This review is from: Untitled (Audio CD)
I happened to hear Guess You Didn't Love Me on MTV Base and fell in love with Terri Walker's blend of powerful voice and brilliant beats.
It's one of the few albums I can listen to top to bottom and love every track. I can't pick just 1 or 2 stand out tracks because every song suits a different mood.
I just hope she carries on making music for years to come!

An Eye for an Eye
An Eye for an Eye
by Malorie Blackman

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Sequel to Noughts and Crosses, 22 Jun. 2003
This review is from: An Eye for an Eye (Paperback)
I loved Noughts and Crosses, and therefore thought that I would try this book. I really did love it. It was great to get new perspectives in this book that you didn't get in the other book. It was very intense at points and made for fantastic reading.
I would definitely recommend it to everyone to read both Noughts and Crosses and An Eye for an Eye. I can't wait for the new book!