Profile for Amir_HB > Reviews

Crying With Laughter - 2 Disc Collectors Edition [DVD] [2009]
Crying With Laughter - 2 Disc Collectors Edition [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Stephen McCole

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking!!, 29 July 2010
This wasn't what I expected and boy, am I glad! I was sat in the cinema, expecting to see some cheesey comedy but what I got was something dark, thrilling that has a wicked sense of humour to it. This won a Scottish Bafta and I'm not surprised really. The acting is really great, especially the lead chap and I'd be surprised if this isnt the making of him. I highly recommend this film - its a real experience, heart in mouth stuff!!

Cut [DVD] [2010]
Cut [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Simon Phillips
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Audacious and thrilling!, 2 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Cut [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
I caught the premiere of this a couple of weeks ago. The film claims to be the first horror movie filmed in a single take - which I think is totally audacious - and I was really impressed with the energy that this technique injected. It was a really intense experience, the music was acting was great and there was a good amount of gore!! Definately a top quality UK slasher, much better than many of the cliched US slashers out there. Recommended, 9/10

Running On Empty [DVD]
Running On Empty [DVD]
Dvd ~ Terry Serio

5.0 out of 5 stars Full Throttle!, 29 April 2009
This review is from: Running On Empty [DVD] (DVD)
This aussie classic features some awesome cars- I'm a bit of a petrol head myself so I loved seeing all of the rare motors at full speed! the film reminds me a bit of Fast and Furious and Mad Max, but with better, classic cars! This is a very well put together film, very enjoyable and has held up well to the test of time. A great sense of speed and some great race sequences - all a car lover could ever want!!

Ten Dead Men [DVD] [2008]
Ten Dead Men [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Pooja Shah

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome British Action Film!!!, 5 Mar. 2009
This review is from: Ten Dead Men [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I love a good action flick and although the acting in this isn't exactly Oscar worthy the fighting and action sequences are UNBELIEVABLE! i was really surprised at how far they took the action sequences and some of the stunts are quite shocking and unexpected. Plus Lee Latchford Evans (Lee from Steps!) makes an appearance...as someone who WASNT a fan of steps i can only say it put a smile on my face to see what happened to him in the film (I aint saying any more!!). This is a great british film, and i couldnt recommend it highly enough.

Storm Boy [1976] [DVD]
Storm Boy [1976] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Greg Rowe

4.0 out of 5 stars Hidden Gem, 24 Sept. 2008
This review is from: Storm Boy [1976] [DVD] (DVD)
My children and I watched Storm Boy after finding a copy at a car boot sale and I have to say that it really struck a chord with us. I would class this as a children's film due to the themes and story but there is enough substance to keep adults interested and entertained.

Storm Boy is a touching story set along Australia's desolate South Coast about Mike (otherwise known as Storm Boy) and the reclusive life he lives with his father. Throughout the film, Storm Boy comes across 3 pelican chicks that he rescues and nurses to health, meets and makes friends with an Indigenous man called Fingerbone Bill, and develops his relationship with his father.

Its all done in a compelling and humourous fashion that had us all in fits of giggles and even reaching for the tissues at one stage.

If you find this diamond, give it a whirl. It's a real coming of age film that can whisk you back to your own childhood and leave you with a lump in your throat and a smile on your face.

Page: 1 | 2