Profile for Amir_HB > Reviews

Webs of Influence: The Secret Strategies That Make Us Click
Webs of Influence: The Secret Strategies That Make Us Click
by Nathalie Nahai

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential., 2 Dec. 2013
I have recently finished this book and have to say that it brilliant - packed with an incredible amount of actionable points that you can apply to your business. I wish that I had come across this sooner, however the principals within will be applied to my current business website (service based) and ones I will be launching soon (product based). I'd also recommend you visit the author's website too - there are some freebies that compliment the book as well as further reading suggestions. The best thing about this for me, is how accessible it is - there's very little psych-lingo so its easy to read and absorb.

If you are involved in business and are in any way connected to the website, or know someone who is, this is essential reading to make your online environment as persuasive as possible. A genuine tool for growing your business.

How To Stop Being A Loser [DVD]
How To Stop Being A Loser [DVD]
Dvd ~ Simon Phillips
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Winner!, 26 Jan. 2012
Well I really enjoyed this movie! I found it very funny, charming and some v attractive ladies :) the film carries a really sweet message and has some top performances. I understand that the bonus features contain a commentary by a real pick up artist, which I cant wait to hear.

all in all a top Brit comedy, recommended.

Holy Rollers [DVD]
Holy Rollers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jesse Eisenberg
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy Moly!, 20 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Holy Rollers [DVD] (DVD)
I caught this in the cinema and have to say that I love this movie. Jesse Eisenberg is utterly fantastic as the innocent chap who gets caught up in drug smuggling, becomes seduced by the dark underworld and then desperate to get out. Justin Bartha steals it for me. We've seen in in the Hangover 1 and 2 but his performance here is unlike anything I've seen before from him.

I heartily recommend this movie - great story, acting and journey.

The Drummond Will [DVD]
The Drummond Will [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mark Oosterveen
Offered by FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, British and Black as Night!, 8 Aug. 2011
This review is from: The Drummond Will [DVD] (DVD)
This caught me off guard - I wasnt expecting to laugh so much! It is a seemingly quaint British comedy.....but dont let the innocence of the opening moments fool you. This is a rip roaring black comedy of the highest quality. First time director Alan Butterworth has done himself proud with this fast moving, devilishly dark comedy about 2 brothers that inherit their dead father's house. Then, they find an elderly man in a cupboard in the kitchen with a massive bag of money and.... well, from here people start dying!!!

It is a truly refreshing watch and it looks gorgeous to boot. You could do much, much worse than to take a punt on this.

Recommended to all!!

Praise [1998] [DVD]
Praise [1998] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Peter Fenton

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny, sexy and touching, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Praise [1998] [DVD] (DVD)
Praise has been sitting on my shelf for a while now and I popped it on last night. I have to say I found it a very compelling story about a boy and girl who are both outsiders in their own right but come together to play scrabble, have sex and discuss life. The film is a really lovely experience and rather uplifting, I found. It has a gentle humour and is also erotic in places but never gratuitous. After watching, I look online for reviews etc and found that this is a very popular film and the New York Times called this one of the years 10 best in its year of release. After watching, you will see that this bit of praise (sorry for the pun) is very apt indeed.

Malcolm [1986] [DVD]
Malcolm [1986] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Friels

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Underrated Classic!!, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Malcolm [1986] [DVD] (DVD)
I really wasnt expecting to like this as much as I did. Seriously, this is an incredibly funny and at times touching film that turns into a comedy caper as a shy, unsuspecting man who is a techie wizz robs a bank by the most ingenious means you have ever seen!! I cant recommend this enough, it is one of those gems that you discover and just tell everyone about. I urge you to check this out, you wont be sorry!!

Vigilante [DVD] [2009]
Vigilante [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Robert Diaz

5.0 out of 5 stars mindless action fun!!, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Vigilante [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
i like an action flick as much as the next man - and although this isnt a slick hollywood movie, it still has all of the energy you would want as well as a brilliant pumping soundtrack. i actually found it refreshing to have an action film with an indie feel, something you dont see everyday but was just as entertaining - surely that is the most important thing!?

Simply Dance! [DVD]
Simply Dance! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Vanessa Lloyd-Platt
Offered by FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars my mum loved this!, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Simply Dance! [DVD] (DVD)
i got a copy of this for my dear mum on mothers day and it went down a royal treat! she is a fan of bbc's strictly come dancing and some of the dancers from the show are on the dvd itself. any film that can put a smile on my mum's face gets two thumbs up from me! i would recommend this for anyone interested in dance or if you fancy an uplifting story

Finale [DVD] [2009]
Finale [DVD] [2009]
Dvd ~ Carolyn Hauck

5.0 out of 5 stars terrifying horror, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Finale [DVD] [2009] (DVD)
as a fan of horror films, i know what makes a good horror - and my, this is a GOOD horror! it is the atmosphere as well as the action that really gets to you and had me hiding behind the sofa!! if you are at all into horror films or like a good scare, then you wont go far wrong with this.

Bedways [DVD] [2010]
Bedways [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Miriam Mayet

4.0 out of 5 stars steamy and erotic, 6 May 2011
This review is from: Bedways [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
this film has caused quite a storm at the film festivals it has played at...and within minutes of watching you will understand why...! the story is basically about how 2 actors who play lovers in a film fall for each other in real life and the art/life line blurs. the performances are fearless and i found the actresses particularly cute!

this is one of the most explicit dramas i have seen - more so than basic instinct for example. so if you are a bit shy with this kind of thing, it is something that might make you blush!

Page: 1 | 2