Profile for sofo67 > Reviews

Content by sofo67

sofo67

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Canon PIXMA MG7150 All in one printer - Black (Print, Scan, Copy, Wifi, Air Print and Pixma Cloud Link)
Offered by Ballicom International
Price: 122.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected., 2 May 2014
I was a bit suspicious of the design of the paper feed mechanism initially, but it has worked a treat. I am especially impressed by the facility for printing both sides of the paper, which has saved me much time. The colour printing seems good for general purposes. I've even done some acceptable prints for research purposes on plain inkjet paper. Far superior to my old Canon Pixma 4500.

AmazonBasics AA Alkaline Batteries Pack of 20
AmazonBasics AA Alkaline Batteries Pack of 20
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for money., 2 May 2014
Have not used as yet, but if they are anywhere near as good as the previous pack they'll be great. Maybe not quite as good as the top brands, but not far off.

Coins of Europe (Radius book)
Coins of Europe (Radius book)
by R.A.G. Carson

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wealth of Information, 4 Feb 2014
This book is a "standard work" written by a former keeper of coins at the British Museum. I bought it for a neighbour whose son in law has taken up metal detecting. Although the latter has only an ordinary education he has been reading this well-written book and found that it gives him a wide background to the things that he has been finding.

DLH7806 Celia Ladies Dunlop Slipper (Uk ladies size 7 (EU 40), Navy)
DLH7806 Celia Ladies Dunlop Slipper (Uk ladies size 7 (EU 40), Navy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 4 Feb 2014
As I had hoped these slippers fitted perfectly and seemed just right for someone older who wears slippers a lot of the time. However the recipient refused to accept them because, she said, "They are old lady's slippers." (She is 80!) Thought of sending them back, but decided to keep them since they are so good and I think it wont be too long before she needs them.

Bosch Plungecut Wood Sawblade for Allrounder PMF 180 E
Bosch Plungecut Wood Sawblade for Allrounder PMF 180 E
Price: 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the original supplied, 30 Dec 2013
I don't know why, but the woodcutting blade supplied with my Bosch Allrounder never seemed up to the task. This blade certainly powers through all but the hardest knots and has helped me out in several tight corners (literally).

Scotch 20 cm Titanium Scissors - White/Green
Scotch 20 cm Titanium Scissors - White/Green
Price: 9.55

5.0 out of 5 stars Just right, 30 Dec 2013
I bought these for office scissors, mainly to cut paper and card. For this and other purposes too they are excellent.

Carpet fitting shears 10 inch scissors
Carpet fitting shears 10 inch scissors

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 30 Dec 2013
Whilst these scissors failed to cut the carpet that I bought them for they have proved extremely useful for all sorts of other jobs which need a large pair of scissors, including cutting rubber underlay.. I have come to the conclusion that the best thing for carpets is a sharp Stanley knife.

Bosch HMT84M421B Microwave Oven, 900W, 25Ltr Capacity, 5 Power Levels, LED Display, White,
Offered by Luzern
Price: 130.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I wanted., 30 Dec 2013
I bought this to replace a cheap microwave that had been bought in haste when it's predecessor failed in the middle of cooking lunch. I was looking for something that was sturdy and well-built and also simple to operate, since my wife has Alzheimers. This Bosch model has more than lived up to my expectations. Very easy to operate and certainly well-built. In particular it is much easier to clean the inside than with any other microwave we have had. The power levels do exactly what you expect of them. Whilst the door catch is a little stiff that could well be a good fault.

Bosch 2609256946 AIZ32BB Plungecut Sawblade for all Bosch PMF Multi Tools
Bosch 2609256946 AIZ32BB Plungecut Sawblade for all Bosch PMF Multi Tools
Price: 12.26

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for wood, 23 Dec 2013
My original plunge cutting woodsaw blade was not as good as this, which has saved me no end of time and trouble with small cutting jobs in difficult place eg cuts in floor boards right up against the skirting.

Ladies Pink Sheepskin Wool Lined Moccasin Slippers with Soft Sole and Wool Cuff. Size 6
Offered by HOUSE OF CAMBRIDGE
Price: 18.49

4.0 out of 5 stars A good present, 23 Dec 2013
These slippers look very good and make and excellent present. I had hoped that the side would be a little softer, but that's probably just me - the recipient is delighted.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3