Profile for suzannejackson > Reviews

Content by suzannejackson

suzannejackson

Jump...and Your Life Will Appear: An Inch-by-Inch Guide to Making a Major Change
by Nancy Levin

5.0 out of 5 stars But I saw Nancy Levin speak at a Hay House conference in Los Angeles and she was awesome. Her story is touching and inspiring, 27 Nov. 2014
I have just ordered this book, so I appreciate this isn't a proper review as such....But I saw Nancy Levin speak at a Hay House conference in Los Angeles and she was awesome. Her story is touching and inspiring, with step-by-step self-help tips to making those big changes that you are just too scared to think about...I work as an energy healer, and I know this book and her ideas will really help with both my work, and those patients that I see. Many of them are stuck in situations that are damaging to their health and vitality, and yet just can't seem to make that 'Jump' into the life they really want to live. Can't wait to read it, and then I will post another review!

The Gabriel Method: The Revolutionary Diet-Free Way to Totally Transform Your Body
by Jon Gabriel

5.0 out of 5 stars Read it and weep.... literally!, 9 Oct. 2013
I read lots of reviews about this book before buying it, but I noticed a distinct lack of people commenting on how much weight they had lost using it. I know that this book is about much more than weight loss, but I presume most people looking to buy it are doing so because they have some weight to lose.
So I'll try and comment on all aspects.... I am a 36 yr old female with about 3 stone to lose. I have struggled with losing weight for about 12 years; either doing a fad diet to lose weight (and then putting most of it back on), or just not being able to lose it at all.
I have now used the book/ CD for one month and have lost 7 pounds. Not the largest weight loss ever, but noticeable, and people have commentated on me looking lots slimmer. The most amazing thing though is how it has changed my life about food, and its hold over me. It is the easiest 7 pounds I have ever lost, and I will never go back. I haven't once worried about food portions/ calories or cravings. The CD had an effect on me after less than a week of listening to it before I go to sleep.
I am enjoying food, and eating far more healthy foods- by choice. I have eaten bread about 3 times in the last month - again by choice. I have eaten some chocolate or cake - but a few bites are enough and then I stop. I don't remember the last time that has happened to me. Food has lost its emotional hold over me for the first time in many years - the relief and freedom from that has changed my life.
The Jon Gabriel method only asks you to do two things - listen to his CD (which is free to download once you buy the book) and to ADD nutritional food to your day, every day. It is NOT a diet, and you can eat anything that your body/ mind wants you to eat. It does not require you to have willpower or discipline - the CD will change your whole mind-set and you will eat better/ less and healthier over time. For me, this happened very quickly - although I gather from some reviews it takes some people longer.
I now eat far more calories/ fat in a day than I ever did (mostly good fat though), and I'm exercising less.... and still losing weight.
I'm looking forward to continuing weight loss, but more importantly, to this lovely relationship I now have with my body and my food. Bliss...
Read the book, believe it, and do it..... it'll be the best thing you've done in a long time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2014 11:36 AM GMT