Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Bukharin" (Bath, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Bossa Nova Nights: Contemporary Blue Grooves From Brazil
Bossa Nova Nights: Contemporary Blue Grooves From Brazil
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent collection of contemporary Brazilian music., 22 July 2014
I agree with the previous reviewer. This is an excellent collection and one I play over and over again. It's not the stereotypical stuff - 'Mais que nada', etc, but rather, the kind of quality music you're unlikely to have heard before. I particularly like the track by Sylvia Patricia. Give it a try - you'll love it.

Happypet CAT002-2 Cat Scratcher Cat Tree Activity Centre Scratching Post medium-sized 1,80 tall Beige
Offered by PrimoPet UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Tear your hair out and have a brandy on completion, 3 Mar 2014
The one-page instructions are laughably useless, but having shelled out the cash, what can you do but press ahead? Despite there being times when I felt it might have been easier to build a jumbo jet sans instructions, I persevered and many hours later had built what resembled the above photo on the amazon site. Although the instructions advised the unfortunate constructor to build the cat tree from the top down, this didn't work for me, so I went from the bottom upwards, which for some reason made more sense.

The downside is I've just adopted a terrified rescue cat, and as things currently stand, it'll take him about six months to lay a paw on my cat tree - not far short of the time it took me to build it.

It does look nice, though, and at this price you can hardly complain.

Star Trek: The Original Series - The Full Journey [DVD]
Star Trek: The Original Series - The Full Journey [DVD]
Dvd ~ William Shatner
Offered by 101Trading

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this: it's only logical., 28 Jan 2014
I've always loved the original Star Trek. Takes me back to the saner times of my youth. I'm not sure why, but this series helps me to relax, and the familiarity of the main characters, Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scottie etc leaves me feeling more at one with the world, or should I say, worlds! The special effects might not have aged too well, but the scripts are as sharp as ever, and still have the power to make you think. It's true that the order of the episodes here appears to have no logic at all - sorry, Spock - but this doesn't overly bother me. Despite the protests of some about the cardboard housing of the individual DVDs, they all reached me in perfect condition. This is one of those purchases which you won't regret.

George Bush Fun Figure Magic and Practical Jokes
George Bush Fun Figure Magic and Practical Jokes

5.0 out of 5 stars I am convinced human beings and fish can coexist in peace, 18 Jan 2014
Whatever you think about Dubya, you have to admit he's got a way with the language. This talking doll dressed in snazzy leisure wear is about a foot high and he moves his head and mouth while spouting his characteristic nonsense. Obama might have the brain, but Dubya's the one with the funniest quotes. Get this, you won't regret it.

Collected Works of Leon Trotsky
Collected Works of Leon Trotsky

5.0 out of 5 stars Good selection of key works for a ridiculously low price., 11 Jan 2014
If this package of works just included Trotsky's autobiography, 'My Life', it would be worth the money. However, in addition to this, it also includes several other key works. Highly recommended.

Rumpole of the Bailey The Complete Collection [DVD] [1978]
Rumpole of the Bailey The Complete Collection [DVD] [1978]
Dvd ~ Leo McKern

5.0 out of 5 stars What will I do now I've seen the entire set?, 17 Nov 2013
Loved watching this dvd set. Leo McKern is wonderful as Rumpole and the fidelity to John Mortimer's stories is excellent. A great way to spend some cold, dark, winter nights. Now I'm happily reading the related Rumpole books. You won't regret buying this set at such a modest price.

Dispatches From the Revolution: Russia 1916-18
Dispatches From the Revolution: Russia 1916-18
by Morgan Philips-Price

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sympathetic Witness Account of the Russian Revolution, 13 Oct 2013
An interesting take on events. Philips-Price was notable for his in-depth knowledge of Russia and he witnessed events without the prejudices of many other foreign observers. Recommended.

Celebrity Fit Club Bootcamp Workout
Celebrity Fit Club Bootcamp Workout

4.0 out of 5 stars Harvey will get you off yo' ass and fit., 12 Oct 2013
Perhaps a little cheesier than his excellent DVD, 'Fighting Fit, Fighting Fat', which I can't recommend enough, this is still worth having for a bit of variety. A great motivator.

NORTH FACE OF SOHO. Unreliable Memoirs Volume IV.
NORTH FACE OF SOHO. Unreliable Memoirs Volume IV.
by Clive James

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe the best of Clive's autobiographical books, 12 Oct 2013
Clive hits the heights in this one - he plays it a little less for laughs, and the book, overall, is better for it. Honest and frank, I was impressed by the number of James-coined aphorisms, which indicate the wisdom of the man. Recommended.

100 Best Soups
100 Best Soups

5.0 out of 5 stars Soupa Recipe Book, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: 100 Best Soups (Paperback)
This soup recipe book is close to my heart. I first bought it while working away in California and was amused to see that that it was published by a firm in Bath, my place of residence in the UK. The recipes work - I defy anyone not to adore the asparagus soup recipe, amongst many others. Overloaded with luggage, I had to leave my copy behind in the US, but it was so good, I had to buy another on my return to Blighty - it's that good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5