Profile for normanmcwhirter > Reviews

Content by normanmcwhirter

normanmcwhirter

One is Fun (Coronet Books)
One is Fun (Coronet Books)
by Delia Smith

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good presentation for a recently bereaved person, 12 Sept. 2013
The book is presented in a very readable manner. It is the only cookbook, other than the BeRo book, which I would recommend to recently berreaved persons. The fact that it is for one person, and the quantities have been adjusted, makes it easier to use. The results are invariably to my taste and I find that the ingredients are fairly easy to obtain, but there is one item I have not been able to obtain, mushroom ketchup. I live in Bakewell and the only grocer is the Midlands Co-op who don't stock it. The nearest convenient grocer is in Chesterfield, 12 miles away, and they don't stock it either! They commented that Delia Smith had a connection with Sainsbury and that she probably had a bias towards recommending their products. Unfortunately the nearest Sainsbury store is in Matlock, 8 miles away from Bakewell, and I have not tried to obtain it from the store. Having said this, I would certainly recommend this book.