Profile for Suzy > Reviews

Justine's Journey
Justine's Journey
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Justine's Journey (Kindle Edition)
A wonderful book that chronicles the life and obstacles this amazing lady had to overcome in her life. The added bonus are the recipes she has shared.

Labyrinth
Labyrinth
by Kate Mosse
Price: 7.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 8 April 2008
This review is from: Labyrinth (Paperback)
What a compelling page turner! I couldn't wait to finish work each evening or for the weekend then I could sit and get closer to the end of this wonderful book, although there were many times when I didn't want the story to end. Compeling reading. Well done kate.

A Child Called It
A Child Called It
by Dave Pelzer
Price: 6.15

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Triumph, 7 April 2008
This review is from: A Child Called It (Paperback)
I bought Dave's book a few weeks ago and read it in a couple of days. My sister told me about it and said I should read it but it took me two years to pluck up the courage to do so. I too suffered abuse as a child but mine was sexual abuse, yet as I read through Dave's book, I understood and found his feelings and thoughts were the same as mine when I was a child. It was as if we had been in the same dark place. I feel Dave is an inspiration to us all.

Sarah's Story: They Cruelly Stole My Childhood. Here Is My Story of Recovery and Triumph
by Sarah Preston

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving and inspirational, 7 April 2008
I feel I should review Sarah's book and give her the acknowledgement she deserves as an author. 'Sarah's Story', (Living with the Past), is a harrowing story and although her journey through life was not one of physical abuse, the sexual abuse she, and others like her suffered in their lives, is no less harrowing than Dave Peltzers. How do you measure such acts of betrayal against any child?

Amazon request book reviews, not comments about a book being published under a different title. I am sure that Sarah had no part in her publishers decision to publish her story in paperback using a different title. (I'm sure they aren't the first or last to do this). Stay strong Sarah and be a true survivor. You and all the other writers, who care and relive their horrific memories, in order to tell their stories to the world continue to educate us all on the true scale of the atrocities of sexual abuse against children.

Living with the Past
Living with the Past
by Sarah Preston
Price: 10.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable yet Inspiring, 9 Dec 2006
This review is from: Living with the Past (Hardcover)
I read this book ion one sitting I could not put it down. It is amazing!Sarah's story like many other stories of abuse is harrowing beyond belief. In her book Sarah talks of her desperate efforts to get away from not one abuser but two. her family in particular her parents let her down. They had no right to be parents. They should have protected their daughter, instead her mum practically gave her to an abuser and then left her with a father who should have given his daughter love and understanding but instead gave her sex. I hope Sarah and the many other survivors of abuse continue to bring their stories to light then the scale of this horrific horror that takes childrens lives will trully be known. God bless you Sarah.