Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Staffordshire, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
DENSION GATEWAY Dock Cable for iPod Nano 6G
DENSION GATEWAY Dock Cable for iPod Nano 6G
Offered by maxxcount

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a hopelessly basic solution and quite frankly a poor show by Audi as it provides minimal functionality, 11 Dec 2014
I have a 2009 Audi A3 which came with the factory fitted iPod interface connection in the glovebox. This is a hopelessly basic solution and quite frankly a poor show by Audi as it provides minimal functionality. I resorted to connecting my iPod Classic using a simple stereo cable connected to the "AUX IN" port which was a far more effective and convenient solution but lacked the ability to charge my iPod. Tired of compromise I bought a Dension Gateway Pro BT with the "Connector Port" accessory.
I (mistakenly as it turns out) thought I would be able to successfully connect my iPod using the standard 30 pin Apple USB cable to the connector port so didn't bother with the Dension iPod Dock Cable. Everything worked reasonably well except for occasional glitches and freezes which could only be sorted out by resetting the Dension. When it arrived the Dension Gateway Pro BT had firmware 0050 installed. I immediately updated it with version 0051 and saw minor improvement in reliability. However firmware updates are fairly frequent and as each new firmware version was released I upgraded in the hope of further improvement. However every subsequent firmware upgrade up to the current 0056 version resulted in my iPod Classic not being recognised. Fortunately it is possible to go back and install the previous firmware versions. I wasn't happy about this though and raised the issue with Dension. In the meantime I resorted to using a USB memory stick to listen to music in the car. This was an acceptable solution but I bought the Dension unit so I could use my iPod. Dension were really helpful and patient but couldn't offer a working solution. That was four months ago. Only when I incidentally mentioned in another recent email that I was using Apple's 30 pin USB cable was I told that the Gateway Pro BT didn't support it and that an IPDC1GW dock cable was required. I saw the cable for sale on Amazon from a company called Maxxcount in Germany at a brilliant price. I ordered it and it arrived within 5 working days.
After fitting the cable I connected my iPod, crossed my fingers and turned the headset on. Perfect; everything now works exactly as it should with the latest firmware. I can control my iPod from the steering wheel buttons or from the iPod itself depending which control setting I select and it charges. The Bluetooth phone and USB function perfectly too.
I just wish that when I bought the Dension Gateway Pro BT it had been made clear to me that to achieve full iPod compatibility and functionality the IPDC1GW Dock Cable is essential :)

MENS RAE LACE UP PREMIUM LEATHER UPPER WATERPROOF WALKING/HIKING TREKKING BOOT
MENS RAE LACE UP PREMIUM LEATHER UPPER WATERPROOF WALKING/HIKING TREKKING BOOT
Offered by footloose.shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars These boots kept me out of the mire., 3 Dec 2014
During a recent stay at Goring on Thames I found I'd arrived without packing my walking boots. Many of my colleagues were taking advantage of the fantastic walks around the area and I was forced to wear a pair of trainers or be left behind. The Thames Towpath and other walkways were; in places, inches deep in thick glutinous mud and my trainers were soon engulfed. A quick search of Amazon revealed these RAE men's waterproof walking boots by Northwest Territory at a bargain basement price of £34.99 for size 11. So I placed my order and had them delivered to where I was staying. I own several pairs of more expensive boots by Meindl, Merrel and The North Face and so wasn't expecting much from these boots for the price as long as they did a reasonable job of keeping the mud at bay. The boots arrived quickly and I immediately put them on and was out of the door. I knew full well that I was running a huge risk by wearing brand new boots that I hadn't even tried on. Well what a pleasant surprise. The boots fitted perfectly with medium weight walking socks and felt very comfortable as I set off on a 7 mile walk across country. Over the miles the boots loosened up a bit as my feet bedded in and in fact the comfort improved. After overnight heavy rain the mud was thicker and deeper as ever and some of the larger puddles encountered on a particular track could not be completely skirted. However despite having to paddle in places I can honestly say that my feet remained completely dry and comfortable. The tread also gave reassuring grip at all times and seemed to shed accumulated mud with relative ease. On return; after a quick spray with a hose and a bit of scrubbing the boots looked almost as good as new. Even with the hose directed on the uppers there wasn't a single sign of any leaks. Since returning home I have chosen to wear these boots in preference to the others I possess.
I think they are an excellent boot and have no hesitation in recommending them, especially since the price I paid just over two weeks ago has been reduced by £2.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 3, 2014 4:52 PM GMT

Hitech 85 Pro Stop 10 stops (3.0) ND1000 Full ND Long Exposure filter
Hitech 85 Pro Stop 10 stops (3.0) ND1000 Full ND Long Exposure filter
Offered by TEAMWORK DIGITAL LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Formatt-Hitech 85 Pro-Stop 10 IRND, 7 Oct 2014
Firstly I want to point out that I'm not a professional photographer just an avid amateur. I wanted to upgrade my existing Cokin filter collection and did a lot of research before committing to buying into the Formatt-Hitech system. There are a lot of mixed reviews out there regarding Hitech filters. Most of the more critical reviews are over two years old and things in my opinion have clearly moved on. I can safely say that I am extremely pleased with my Formatt-Hitech 85 Pro-Stop 10 which is the latest IRND version. produces excellent results with my Olympus OM-D EM-1, E-5 and my Wife's Nikon D7000. The blue cast that was reported with the original version of this filter has been all but eliminated as far as I can tell. I don't care much for post processing either and haven't found it necessary. I bought the filter to be able to achieve the classic misty effect on waterfalls and seascapes. I have been able to achieve these aims very successfully with this filter and I'm now saving for the 6 stop IRND version. Furthermore I will be slowly replacing my other ND Grad filters with Formatt-Hitech's versions.
I think the original version of this filter is still available at a much reduced price for black and white photography only where colour cast isn't a problem.
I would also like to say that when I contacted Formatt-Hitech directly with a couple of technical queries I found the staff to be very knowledgeable and helpful.

Neewer Timer Remote Shutter Release Olympus E-520 E-600 Rm-Uc1
Neewer Timer Remote Shutter Release Olympus E-520 E-600 Rm-Uc1
Offered by standbyonglobal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Timer But Not For Olympus OM-D EM-1, 28 Sep 2014
I am giving this timer full marks despite having to return it.
I want a timer to use with my Olympus OM-D EM-1 for long exposure shots. I have the same make of timer for my Olympus E-5 which has a different connector and it works perfectly.
I had read several reviews where people were using this timer with the Olympus EM-5 so I took the chance that it might hopefully work with the E-M1. I fitted the remote with fully charged batteries and set the timer but the camera simply didn't respond in any way to the remote in timer or manual mode. The plug was definitely pushed in as far as it could go but the only thing of note was that with the remote connected the green autofocus light stayed on in the LCD display and went out when I disconnected it.
The build quality is good and it seems robust. The instructions although basic may have been improved as they are relatively easy to understand. So I can't mark it down for not working on my camera as it's not advertised as compatible with the EM-1. I also have a PIXEL RC-201 UC1 Shutter release which has the same connector as the Neewer device and it works perfectly with the EM-1 so something has changed somewhere.

Union Jack Black & White Flag Iron On Patch with Lock-Stitch Optical Effect 2 off

5.0 out of 5 stars Union Jack Patches., 1 Sep 2014
Great value and quality.

Napoleon Stainless Steel Smoker Pipe
Napoleon Stainless Steel Smoker Pipe
Offered by Dawson's Department Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Napoleon Smoker., 1 Sep 2014
Great quality and works really well to add a smokiness to food cooked on my gas BBQ.

United Kingdom British Union Jack Flag Uniform Clothing Jacket Shirt Embroidered Iron on Patch
Offered by Bestshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Union Jack Patch., 1 Sep 2014
Excellent quality.

Women's Scarf Pashmina Red - Lovarzi Paisley Shawl for Women - Ladies Scarves Wrap - Evening Shawls
Offered by LOVARZI

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovarzi Ladies Shawl, 1 Sep 2014
Bought for my Wife and she loves it.

Dereve Wind Up Doorbell - White Dome
Dereve Wind Up Doorbell - White Dome
Offered by Handy Stores London Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Dereve Wind Up Doorbell, 23 Aug 2014
Like many other buyers of this bell I was fed up with a succession of poorly performing wireless door chimes. The bell arrived two days after ordering and I was quick to get it onto the front door. In my case the door is UPVC and it was very easy to fit. I simply drilled the hole right through the centre of the panel, pushed the pushrod through and popped the bell mechanism onto the pushrod. With the pushrod engaged it is then just a case of screwing the unit to the door panel. Then all I had to do was to remove and cut the pushrod to the right length. Easy peasy except I am one of those people who can measure something 5 times and still cut it too short. This is what I did with the pushrod supplied, what a divvy!
I ended up using the pin out of a pop rivet after removing the actual soft metal rivet bit. Taking extra special care I carefully nibbled the pin down with a pair of pliers until it was the perfect length. In one way the pop rivet pin is better than the supplied pushrod because its round head fits snuggly inside the hole in the plastic push button.
Having achieved the right length I popped the improvised pushrod through the door into the bell mechanism and screwed the push button to the door and tried the bell. It is indeed loud enough to be heard through the house so a very pleasing result. There is a warning about over winding the bell in the instructions and it also mentions that the bell arrives pre-wound. So no need to go mad and wind it up anymore.
Should have been a ten minute job except I managed to complicate matters :)

LEPOWER Apple Certified 4 Feet (1.2M) Lightning Cable to USB Charge and Sync / MFI Certified Longer 8 pin lightning Cable Charger Made for iPhone 5 5S 5C / iPad 4 / Mini / Mini Retina / iPad Air , iPod 7 etc
Offered by Prodigy3

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cable., 16 Aug 2014
I gave the first cable I received from Prodigy 3 just 2 stars for quality of construction and its extra length. Unfortunately although it worked in my iPad 4 it immediately failed in my iPhone 5S throwing up the "This accessory may not be supported" error message. However in light of the response from Prodigy 3 it is necessary to amend my review accordingly. I have now given 5 stars, 4 for the cable and the 5th was earned for exceptional customer service.
Having returned the original cable I was issued with an immediate refund. Prodigy3 then quickly contacted me and made an offer I couldn't refuse. Another cable duly arrived which works perfectly in my devices. The extra length also allows me to charge my phone on my bedside table, something I couldn't do with the supplied cable.
So altogether a very satisfactory result from a seller who clearly rates customer satisfaction very highly over profit. Thanks very much indeed.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 20, 2014 3:35 AM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8