Profile for harry > Reviews

Content by harry

harry

Page: 1 | 2
Asus Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
Asus Google Nexus 7 7-inch Tablet (2GB RAM, 32GB eMMC)
Offered by Tronixcomputers
Price: 224.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Good BUT!, 30 July 2014
While I agree with most of the positive comments, my wife (for whom I bought the Nexus 7) finds the on/off button difficult to press and frequently asks me to do it. More importantly, we find the lack of an SD slot a serious downer. We have to have a USB card reader dangling awkwardly from it to view my wife's photos. Had I known what a nuisance the lack of a card slot was going to be I would not have bought one.

3 way satellite splitter splits 1 dish to feed 3 sky plus etc
3 way satellite splitter splits 1 dish to feed 3 sky plus etc
Offered by Electromart-UK
Price: 2.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Works lovely, 31 Oct 2013
Works lovely. I do not use the satellite that much, preferring freeview, but when I do this does the job well enough for me.

DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide: Florence
DK Eyewitness Pocket Map and Guide: Florence
by Collectif

4.0 out of 5 stars Some one else said it was just too small, 31 Oct 2013
Some one else said it was just too small and I should have listened. Otherwise it is quite a good little book and easily carried.

Avery Full Face CD Labels - Glossy Colour Laser
Avery Full Face CD Labels - Glossy Colour Laser
Price: 19.58

2.0 out of 5 stars Template not available for "Click N Design" label app, 31 Oct 2013
Template not available for Click N Design label app which is best one, so far as I can find, and used to be supported. Now they recommend their own on line app which is nowhere NEAR as good so I have had to spend hours re-centring my printer to use it. Real bind.

Philex SLx Distribution Amplifier, 8+1 Way, 27824R
Philex SLx Distribution Amplifier, 8+1 Way, 27824R
Offered by BUNWELLS UK
Price: 12.60

3.0 out of 5 stars not sure how effective it is but seems to do the trick, just., 31 Oct 2013
I am not sure how effective it is but seems to do the trick, just and is bigger than I hoped.

The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists (Blu-ray 3D) [2012]
The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists (Blu-ray 3D) [2012]
Dvd ~ Hugh Grant
Price: 16.00

1.0 out of 5 stars rubbish, 17 Sep 2013
Most of Ardman's output has been well received here but this was a serious disappointment. The animation was fine but the script, indeed the whole premise of the story was so weak, oh so weak. We could hardly wait for it to end. If we had not paid good money for it we would have stopped watching it before the halfway point.

AT18A High Definition Waterproof Actioncam HD 720P Sport Helmet Action Video Camera DVR, AVI Video Format, Supports Upto 32GB SDHC Cards Ideal For Holidays, BMX, Skiing, Snowboarding, Rock-Climbing, Paintball, Skydiving, Swimming, ATV, Motocross, Horse riding etc
Offered by TECH GURUZ
Price: 26.48

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad little-ish camera, 10 Jan 2013
A little too heavy for side of helmet and looks silly on top and would bang into things (low doorways etc.). No view on screen so not so easy to check mounting direction when fitted to bike.
Could not get USB to work on any of 4 computers, 2 Win7 and 2 XP which would have allowed me to check mounting. Did not try android as software is on mini CD and tablet does not have CD player. Might try copying to SD card but probably not android compatible anyway.
Picture quite good and response to changing light levels very good.
Screws for back and adjustment inclined to be sticky. Had to use electricians tongs to free mounting screw which was too tight for either my son or myself and both of us can lift a 4inch concrete block with one hand so much stronger than most.

Ocean Wonderland - (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)  [2003] [Region Free]
Ocean Wonderland - (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray) [2003] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Jean-Jacques Mantello
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA
Price: 9.34

3.0 out of 5 stars ocean wonderland, 8 May 2012
It is a pity that most of the water in the film is cloudy. How they managed to find so much cloudy water defeats me. Not too keen on the commentary. However the 3D is good, not too exaggerated so OK.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 18, 2012 10:37 PM BST

Cobra MT600 Twin Pack Walkie Talkie Radio (discontinued by manufacturer)
Cobra MT600 Twin Pack Walkie Talkie Radio (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cobra MT600 Twin Pack Walkie Talkie, 27 Jan 2012
My use of the Cobra MT600 Walkie Talkie has been rather limited so far but I find myself unable to fault the units in general use. However, I do have one complaint in that there is no indication of whether the charge is going in or not. There is nothing to say that in the user guide and it took me a not inconsiderable effort to find out that that was the case and that the units are not faulty. Apparently the dearer version does have a charge indication but these do not and I think they should.

AGFAPHOTO AFS3 Digital 35mm Negative & Slide Scanner Converter Windows 7, Vista, XP and Mac OSX10.5 or above

2.0 out of 5 stars poor colour control, 21 Dec 2011
Easy to set up and get started but I found to my chagrin that the exposure control is automatic and poor. As the machine sets the exposure you see it go past the perfect light level only to settle on something too dark or too light and you have no control; enfuriating. I would not buy one again.

Page: 1 | 2