Profile for michaela > Reviews

Content by michaela

michaela

Change Your Posture, Change Your Life: How the Power of the Alexander Technique can Combat Back Pain, Tension and Stress
by Richard Brennan

5.0 out of 5 stars CHANGE YOUR POSTURE CHANGE YOUR LIFE, 28 April 2012
An absolute great book on the Alexander Technique. Found it very inspiring and refreshing to read. Richard Brennan takes all the mystery out of F.M. Alexander's work and makes it very clear and practical. An excellent book to introduce newcomers to the Technique, which gives experienced Alexander students and even Alexander Teachers an even deeper understanding of this most wonderful way of living. I have no hesitation in recommending Richard Brennan's book to anyone who is interested in improving their posture and quality of life.

The Alexander Technique Workbook
The Alexander Technique Workbook
by Richard Brennan

5.0 out of 5 stars The Alexander Technique Workbook, 17 Feb. 2011
Before I had a course of Alexander Technique lessons, I managed to gain a great deal of awareness through reading this book. A course of lessons from a qualified practitioner is no doubt necessary to gain the full benefits of the Technique, but many of the ideas and suggestions from this book helped me to cure my bad back and generally help me with my posture.

The Alexander Technique is a unique way of becoming more aware of the balance, posture and co-ordination of our bodies as experienced in everyday activities. It begins with basic self-awareness of how we sit, how we stand, how we think, physical and mental habits we have, and so on. The aim is to "regain the natural grace and balance of a child".

These simple ideas and exercises have played a vital part in helping me develop and sustain a healthy mind, body and spirit over the years. I can't recommend this book high enough.