Profile for Mick Ward > Reviews

Content by Mick Ward

Mick Ward

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Pure Motorcycle Leather Jacket -Tiger-, steerhide (3XL)
Pure Motorcycle Leather Jacket -Tiger-, steerhide (3XL)
Offered by Noble House Germany

4.0 out of 5 stars Good jacket, but a shame about the pockets.!., 7 Jun. 2016
The jacket leather is quite soft. I bought it to wear other than on a motorbike so this will not be an issue, but if someone wanted to use it in earnest then think it would mark quite easily. The thickness of the leather is good and it will not crack or split easily , Noble house say it is about 1mm thick hide and I would say this is about right. The lining is slightly padded with what I presume is polyester insulation. The 4 outer pockets on the jacket are not the ones shown on the website image which I am disappointed about. They are small ones with just a simple flap covering rather than the ones on the main image which are the type that fold over to form a completely waterproof seal as on a Belstaff or Barbour waxed bike jackets and are not as spacious as the main image type would have been, to see what they look like , look at the brown leather jacket sold by Noble house. There are two internal ones too, one zipped, one open. The jacket fits about a s expected. I am a 45 inch chest and this will do over a sweatshirt or rugby shirt, but if you wanted a thick jumper below and are a similar size chest to me would need the next size up. The sleeve length is good for me which having had 2 other Noble house jackets is a pleasant suprise as I had to get the two flying jackets professionally shortened . I have a Barbour International and a similar Belstaff and the sleeve length is broadly similar on them. The cuffs are well provided for in that there are two press studs to vary the diameter. The zip is metal and is a sturdy one . The only thing I noted that might bother a true biker is the press stud buttons are all metal, and the lower ones that would be on the tank are not rubberised liked on some Belstaff jackets, to prevent tank paint damage. Well made, a great price, just a real shame they have altered the design of the pockets but not reflected this on the images they provide on the website .

Little Hotties Hand Pocket Glove Warmers Winter Season Bulk Pack - 40 Pairs
Little Hotties Hand Pocket Glove Warmers Winter Season Bulk Pack - 40 Pairs
Offered by Kalman Trading Co.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useful for keeping warm, 2 Jun. 2016
If you suffer from cold hands these will work inside a glove or in coat pockets if you shove your hands in. A little slow to start and a gentle massage of the paper type outer cover will help. Take about 10 minutes to really warm through and last about 4 hours, so a little less than advertised, they are quite toasty warm without being overpowering. I put them in my gloves for when static in cold weather. My only thought is why can't they be a bit bigger as the size is only adequate for the palm area and I have to fold my fingers to form a fist to get maximum benefit.

Russell Hobbs RHM3002 30L Family Size Multifunctional Stainless Steel Combination Table-Top Microwave Oven

5.0 out of 5 stars A microwave and more, 2 Jun. 2016
Bought to replace a slightly more powerful Panasonic. This is about the same internally re dimensions and can do more or less the same things. The price was very good compared to the old Panasonic. The build quality is good and once I've got used to the item I'm sure it will be as good as the old unit it replaced.

Neoprene Soft Lens Pouch 10 x 10CM for Standard Prime Lens (Small)
Neoprene Soft Lens Pouch 10 x 10CM for Standard Prime Lens (Small)
Offered by A-21 World

5.0 out of 5 stars but would be equally as good as a lens pouch, 8 April 2016
Small well made pouch, bought to fit a mini pair of binoculars in , but would be equally as good as a lens pouch. 2 to 3mm neoprene pouch with a drawstring neck and a plastic hook to attach to a belt or camera bag or photographers vest. Very well priced and with quick delivery

MENS LEATHER BROGUE GOOD YEAR WELTED COMMANDO SOLE LACE UP TAN BOOTS SHOES SIZE (11, TAN)
Offered by TAYLOR-UNIKUE

4.0 out of 5 stars The soles are quite hard rubber and have a good depth of tread, 22 Mar. 2016
I bought these as a step up from red tape boots. These boots are also made in India. The leather is a similar quality to other leather goods I've had from India and is hard and quite thin and will need to be softened with Polish if its not going to crack . The soles are quite hard rubber and have a good depth of tread. The boots are probably leather lined but again its not best quality leather. All that said I'm happy enough for the price l've paid and they look smart, just don't expect super quality boots at this price.

Ultra Compact White/Light Grey 7 x 17 UF Binocular - Ideal For Concerts/Motor Sports and Horse Racing Events - Flat Design Perfect For Your Pocket Or Bag - Good Optical Quality - Centre Focus With Underside Adjustment - Includes Rubber Eyecups - Case - Wrist strap - 10 Year Guarantee
Offered by OptixMania

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as they could be, 18 Mar. 2016
I bought these to fit in a pocket as a useful upgrade from monoculars. The design is very good, small , lightweight and stylish and the magnification is very good despite the 7 x mag claims. However I realised that either the binoculars had been knocked out of collimation ( non collimated means you get a double image) or they were not collimated in the first place, thinking that for the price I had nothing to loose I gave them a sharp tap, and voila, they were back to collimated binos. The focus wheel is quite sensitive and one eyepiece is adjustable for dioptre, so if they are collimated on arrival they are a decent piece of kit for the money. The body is plastic, I do not know if the lenses are glass or acrylic, but it is a very lightweight unit and very compact. If the quality was slightly better re lens control ( collimation) I would have no hesitation in recommending them as a low power compact pair of binoculars that are ideal to shove in a coat pocket for a "just in case" moment rather than carrying a bigger and better item around.

2 x Integral Plug In LED Night Light Auto Sensor Super Low Energy Light Eco
2 x Integral Plug In LED Night Light Auto Sensor Super Low Energy Light Eco
Offered by The Lightbulb Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value led lights, 26 Feb. 2016
I bought these hoping that they would be better than incandescent bulbs units that I've had before in the hope they will last longer due to the led bulb in these lights. The units are well made but with light dissipating screen taking up a little more space than my old units. The light is a crisp white and is quite powerful so it may be that they would be a little too bright for some applications ( ie bedrooms, near beds etc). The sensor works as I expected. I am very happy with the items, but if you have a very tight space to fit the light into be aware of the dissipating screen taking a little more space than an old bulb unit. I noted recently on a visit to to Tesco in Chesterfield that they stock these items at £5.00 each, so the twin pack from Amazon represents very good value for money

Wynn's 50664 325ml Engine Stop Leak
Wynn's 50664 325ml Engine Stop Leak

5.0 out of 5 stars It works in my engine and stopped the relatively low ..., 15 Feb. 2016
It works in my 15 year old Honda engine engine and stopped the relatively low loss rate, which I think is down to the valve stem seals hardening .I've put in two lots over the last 3 years. The first lasted well, but after an oil change I noticed oil loss again, so dosed it as before and it stopped the flow. I also used it in an old landrover I had years ago where it was less effective, but put that down to the poor rear crank seal , once the engine was rebuilt and I put some in it did the trick .

Price Western 3 point locking leather handcuff holder
Price Western 3 point locking leather handcuff holder
Offered by MC Products Uk

5.0 out of 5 stars The best design I have ever used, or seen., 20 Jan. 2016
Bought to replace a well worn and now damaged cuff holder of exactly the same design. The leather is of high quality and is very thick so will last well. As other reviewers have said I personally find this the best cuff holder I have ever come across and far superior to the various nylon types issued to colleagues and which rip/tear and split within weeks and I stand by this with over 25 years experience of cuff holders. The addition of the pouch at the bottom also makes this far more secure than the similar break mechanism leather types which again colleagues have lost cuffs from when exiting cars when the release stud comes loose, with this one there is a good chance the cuffs will stay in the pouch long enough for you to realise the break mechanism is open. My only reservation ( and of my old one too) is that the press studs that enable the pouch to swivel into three positions are no quite tight enough to keep the pouch at the desired angle and it often rotates round freely on the duty belt, but all in all a far better piece of kit than any other I have ever used, or seen.

Generic K112 Rotating Right Anglehead Cree XP-E R3 LED Beam Flashlight
Generic K112 Rotating Right Anglehead Cree XP-E R3 LED Beam Flashlight
Offered by xuanhongfanuk

5.0 out of 5 stars Fenix MC10 on steroids., 20 Jan. 2016
The torch is basically a 18650 powered Fenix MC10 copy. It is well made and the majority of the body is plastic. The screw on base, torch head and pocket clip are metal. The torch is quite light for the size and is of good quality for the price. The tilting mechanism is crisp and works well. There are two points, one a metal clip , the other a plastic loop on the torch head for a lanyard. The 18650 fits in snugly and without rattles. there are three light outputs full, probably half power and strobe and these are accessed by the push button on the head. This again has a positive feel. Very pleased with the item and it is much brighter than the MC10 which I have now and this will replace it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6