Profile for Hamstergeddon > Reviews

Paranormal Merseyside
Paranormal Merseyside
by S.D. Tucker

1.0 out of 5 stars Plagiarised, 8 July 2013
This review is from: Paranormal Merseyside (Paperback)
Blatant re-telling and re-hashing.
Save your pennies and get 'Dead Of Night' by Lee Walker instead! He's original, very funny, and some of the stories are very, very unnerving....

What The Hell Was That? The trials & tribulations of an English ghosthunter in the USA

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear...., 8 July 2013
I thought this would be an amusing and informative read about a paranormal researcher, his cases, and the funny anecdotes therein.
It wasn't.
It started out well, but soon descended into a complete whine-fest. Criticising other individuals and groups for their bad behaviour and bickering, is just as petty. After the umpteenth chapter on who was a liar/user/fraud/amateur, I gave up.
Mr Byrd obviously has a wealth of experiences, and I want to know about those - not the squabbles or bitching about other people! Come on Ellis - you can do far better - I know you can!

Dead of Night
Dead of Night
by Lee Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars At last!, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Dead of Night (Paperback)
I loved Dead of Night when it was a photocopied, slide-bound magazine - so I was really pleased to be able to chuck away my tatty old copies, and replace them with this paperback.
Mr Walker spins tales of childhood, summer, terror, and really creepy encounters with ease. His observations are funny and charming, and the stories are original, and some are very unsettling. Well worth a read!

McCarthy's Bar: A Journey of Discovery in Ireland
McCarthy's Bar: A Journey of Discovery in Ireland
by Pete McCarthy
Edition: Audio Cassette

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully warm & witty, 16 Feb 2006
Buy this book. Now. This is by far one of the best books I have ever read.
The sorely missed McCarthy has created a humerous and sometimes deeply emotional account of his journey around Ireland. His observations of all the wonderful (and not so wonderful) characters are heart-warming and very funny, and his self-depricating humour shines through.
Some parts made me laugh out loud, drawing disapproving stares from the people in waiting rooms and at the hairdressers.
Great fun!

Charlie Brooks: Before and After Workout [DVD] [2005]
Charlie Brooks: Before and After Workout [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Charlie Brooks
Offered by best_value_entertainment

4.0 out of 5 stars Not half bad!, 1 Feb 2006
I was a little sceptical, but after reading the reviews on this site I thought I'd give it a try.
Charlie looks fantastic - and I liked the first few minutes of the DVD, showing her weighing herself and showing how well she had progressed.
The warm is great - but give the disco bit a miss. Complicated steps and not really worth doing.
The cardio and intensive section are really good - you can feel your waist and thighs working.
The cool-down is also excellent.
A good all-rounder - for all fitness levels - definatley worth a try.

Poltergeist: A Study in Destructive Haunting (FATE presents)
Poltergeist: A Study in Destructive Haunting (FATE presents)
by Colin Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Poltergeist, 3 Sep 2002
This is THE definative book for anyone interested in the paranormal.
I first bought this book in 1984, and have been a fan ever since.
In this book we are taken on an indcreadable journey:Wilson starts at the very beginning with the 'Spiritualist' craze, and works right through to the Black Magic connection.
Along the way we encounter fairies and elementals, posession by demons, the split-brain theory, famous hauntings and, of course, poltergiest encounters.
As an amateur ghost-hunter and writer, I find his writing invaluable and increadably easy to digest. I cannot recommend this book highly enough.
Enjoy!.