Profile for Runner_Beans > Reviews

Inov8 Race Pro 18 Performance Pack Bag - One
Offered by SportsShoes Unlimited
Price: 69.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly durable, light and comfortable, 16 May 2014
I'm about to replace mine after around 8 years of almost-daily use - the elastic on the mesh compartment failed about a month ago, and now the main zip is also failing. I think that's pretty good going!

I love this pack because it's light, small, but has enough room for all my gear. It's also the ONLY pack I've found which is female-friendly and comfortable to run in. I'm a size 8, and most packs are too large for me, causing terrible chafing - you just can't adjust the straps tight enough.

Rentokil FF62 Fly Killer Cassette
Rentokil FF62 Fly Killer Cassette
Offered by Price Attack Ltd
Price: 4.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for stopping wasps nesting in the loft, 25 April 2014
I wouldn't use this in the main part of the house, as I don't like the idea of breathing in the chemical vapour. However, in the loft it works very well. We always have a lot of trouble with wasps getting in and nesting in the summer, and this seems to stop them.

I don't think it has an instant effect to kill flies - more of a slow action over time - so that's another reason why it's not ideal in the house, where you want to get rid of the little critters quickly when they come in.

Queen of... Ooh la la! Creamy Coconut and Vanilla Shaving Gel Tube for Women Sensually Smooth Skin 150 ml
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect shaving gel, 31 Jan 2014
Works a treat, smells fresh, easy to take on holiday etc and more environmentally friendly than cans of foam/gel. There really isn't any reason to use anything else!

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but flawed, 4 Oct 2012
I bought these because I wanted something to give me the closest possible experience to barefoot running, but with protection from the dirt and debris on the London streets. The Evoskins definitely do that job - the sensation is pretty close to barefoot, and they keep your feet clean and protect against injuries from broken glass, etc.

However, these shoes are not built to last. I would guess I've run no more than 50 miles in them, and already the soles are worn and splitting. The 'fingerprint' style tread started to wear off after just a couple of short runs, and has now gone completely.

The fit of these shoes isn't great. I find my little toes tend to pop out of their compartments when cornering, and generally my feet start sliding around uncomfortably inside the shoes as they get sweaty after a couple of miles.

I would recommend the Evoskins as a way to try out barefoot-style running over short distances, and for occasional wear. But they're definitely not suitable to use as your main running shoes, unfortunately.

I really wanted to love these shoes, and I hope Inov-8 will find a way to make them more robust in future.