Profile for Mark Wharton > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Canon Pixma iP4300 Photo Printer
Canon Pixma iP4300 Photo Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled, 26 Aug 2008
Don't be fooled by the name , I owned the previous model to this had problems with it , error message saying I had to take it back to cannon , I was lucky it was in it's warranty , got it back a few months later same problem . I went for the new model (mistake), the same thing has happened , I only use it 2 or 3 times a day for small basic A4 printing , Rubbish STAY AWAY !! I have been a fool , don't follow in my foot steps 1
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2011 4:37 PM GMT

Pedro Almodovar Collection: Bad Education / Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down / Live Flesh / All About My Mother / Talk To Her [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Gael Garcia Bernal

2.0 out of 5 stars tie him up, 11 April 2008
I am only commenting on Tie me up , Tie me down . I did not enjoy this film at all , Take a girl hostage , beat her up and tie her up until she falls in love with you ? and guess what she does fall in love with him ! It is a film that really doesn't know what it wants to be . I was left not really caring what happened , I did not care one bit about the characters and I felt it was a little demeaning to women .

Al Pacino . . .and Me
Al Pacino . . .and Me
by Edward De Leo

2.0 out of 5 stars Al pacino............ and Who, 1 April 2008
This review is from: Al Pacino . . .and Me (Hardcover)
I read this book thinking I was going to get someone close to Pacino telling an intimate story of friendship , but what you get is someone who was in the same acting class as him , basically saying he was as good as Pacino but just didn't get the breaks and him begging Pacino for a part in a film that never happened . Very dissapointed !

Death At A Funeral [DVD]
Death At A Funeral [DVD]
Dvd ~ Matthew Macfadyen
Offered by barcode bargains
Price: 3.68

4.0 out of 5 stars very funny, 29 Mar 2008
This review is from: Death At A Funeral [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoy laughing, but everytime I get a so called comedy film out , I find that one of the things about them is that they are not funny !
But this is great , I found myself and my girlfriend laughing out loud several times. Not perfect but a very funny comedy. Some great characters , I loved the uncle who swears a lot and watch out for the scene where he needs to go to the toilet , classic !

Dave Gorman In America Unchained [DVD] [2008]
Dave Gorman In America Unchained [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Dave Gorman
Price: 8.55

2.0 out of 5 stars oh dear, 15 Mar 2008
I , like many others have really enjoyed his other work. What an amazing idea to go to the USA and try and get across it without giving a penny to "THE MAN" . But it just doesn't work , it is all about getting petrol , not much about the food and very little about the Hotels . There were few places of interest , this is less a documentary , more a "If a man has to travel 200km to the next petrol station how many litres of petrol will he use" math sum . Im telling you if you watch this you will never run out of petrol again as you will know the sum off by heart. By the end I was hoping that that he just ran out of petrol and the car just blew up ! Without Dave inside of course !

Life Is Beautiful [DVD] [1999]
Life Is Beautiful [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Roberto Benigni
Offered by videosanddvds
Price: 6.68

4.0 out of 5 stars Heart Wrenching, 19 Feb 2008
If you have children then watch this film . You can't contemplate what these people went through in prisoner of war camps with children , the film does take a rather glossy view sometimes . But it is very moving and I was in tears at the end . I just found the Fathers efforts to keep the Horror away from his son very moving indeed . This is one of those films that you keep thinking about days after you have watched it . Im so glad I did !

Werckmeister Harmonies/Damnation [DVD] [2001]
Werckmeister Harmonies/Damnation [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Lars Rudolph

1.0 out of 5 stars Damnation, 30 Jan 2008
One of the worst films I have ever seen . I am not doubting the creative images and some of the shots are amazing , but how many times can one director use the very slow pan to the right or left in one film ! for the last 20 minutes of this film I was in physical pain

This Is England (2 Disc Edition) [DVD]
This Is England (2 Disc Edition) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Thomas Turgoose

5.0 out of 5 stars Best film this year, 27 Sep 2007
I was blown away by this film , I think it's amazing , the acting was fantastic so real it scared me ! and it realy took me back to the time of the early 80s . To the person who said it is not set in the skin head era , well if you watch the film and lived through the time this is about the second wave of skin head and punk , even the main actor says near the end that he was an original skin head in 1969 ! if your going to review at least take notice of what you are watching . Great to hear UK SUBS Warhead in the film . I have never seen any Shane Meadows Films before so you have got a new Fan ! Great stuff !

The Cooler [2004] [DVD]
The Cooler [2004] [DVD]
Dvd ~ William H. Macy
Offered by A2Z Entertains
Price: 2.49

1.0 out of 5 stars not cool at all, 18 Sep 2007
This review is from: The Cooler [2004] [DVD] (DVD)
Another film spoilt by the hollywood touch , why in films do average men get to sleep with vogue front cover models half their age ? this story is very unbelievable, I mean the end is a joke . The story is full of every cliche going . Alec Baldwin is great in it but overall the acting is poor. I won't go into story line as most other reviews have done this , but take my word for it , it's rubbish

The Aristocrats [DVD]
The Aristocrats [DVD]
Offered by rsdvd
Price: 5.14

1.0 out of 5 stars NO STARS !, 11 Sep 2007
This review is from: The Aristocrats [DVD] (DVD)
This film is a masterclass in how to take a joke that isn't funny and ask lots of people who think they are funny to tell it , over and over and over and over and over and over again . It is so childish , with each person trying to be more crude than the other.
Some people have given this film 5 stars , which I think is funnier than the film itself .

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4