Profile for Miss A. Bell > Reviews

Content by Miss A. Bell

Miss A. Bell (Croydon, UK)

Silence
Silence
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreadable, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Silence (Kindle Edition)
I only managed to get through 15% of the book before I gave up so I can't really comment on the plot. Having said I couldn't physically read anymore after reading sentences like "I got into my room and practically ripped my clothes off and then I threw them in the laundry basket angrily." Really? I felt like I was reading a small child's creative writing homework and couldn't bear it anymore.

Terrible, child-like writing can ruin the most exciting story in the world.

Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
Inferno: (Robert Langdon Book 4)
by Dan Brown
Price: 9.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Regurgitation if ever I've seen it..., 20 Nov 2013
To put it bluntly, we've heard it all before. Throughout the whole book I felt like I'd already read it. The same pattern follows time after time after time in all of the Langdon books:
Langdon discovers an unexplainable object/piece of information-----him and his new found partner (whoever it may be that is conveniently a well connected and resourceful genius) run to an ancient city, not really knowing where they need to be in the hope of evading the various assassins/authorities that are after him (not sure how I would fare up trying to escape an armed assassin AS WELL AS an SAS team after waking up with a bullet wound and amnesia, Langdon is obviously a better person than I!).......Whilst on the run Langdon has a sudden epiphany of where he needs to be and what the clue means......They get there.....New clue.....new method of escape.....new epiphany. And so the cycle continues through every single one of the 462 pages.

Despite the repetitiveness I was enjoying the story until I reached an incredibly disappointing and not very well thought out ending. Should have stopped at Angels and Demons, and at the very least, The Lost Symbol.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2014 10:05 AM BST

Royal Functionality 20pc Eye Shadow Applicators
Royal Functionality 20pc Eye Shadow Applicators
Offered by FragrancesCosmeticsPerfumes
Price: 1.24

1.0 out of 5 stars Faith Cosmetics 20-Brush Eyeshadow applicators, 21 Dec 2010
Cheap, plasticy, and strangely enough, crap for using to apply eyeshadow. Oh the irony....
Am also not impressed at all with the service of the company, so my view of the product may be a little tainted.

Ben 10 Square Calendar 2011
Ben 10 Square Calendar 2011
by VARIOUS
Edition: Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Ben 10 Ultimate Alien 2011 Calendar, 21 Dec 2010
The product isn't for me, but for my 9 year old brother. I know he loves it, although when you really look at the pictures it doesn't look like nickelodeon as made this calendar, it looks like a third party product as the cartoon drawings are not the same as the actual TV cartoon.