Profile for D Wilson > Reviews

Content by D Wilson

D Wilson (Cumbria UK)

Navitech Compact Portable Flip And Fold Adjustable PC Tablet Stand Mount For The Apple iPad, iPad 2 & The New iPad 4th generation with Retina Display 16GB 32GB 64GB (Holds up to 10 KG in weight)
Offered by Navitech (VAT Registered)
Price: 4.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow boat from China, 29 May 2013
This stand seems to be well made and sturdy, with enough adjustment for my Gemini Tablet. My only complaint is that it wasn't obvious from the advert, that it was coming from china and would take over three weeks to arrive, until I had completed the order. This was the reason for only giving it four stars. It was however very well packed and unaffected by it's travels.

If you need a stand quickly, Amazon do one that looks the same, you will pay a little more, but it would come in three to four days.

Where the Wind Blows (A Prairie Hearts Novel)
Where the Wind Blows (A Prairie Hearts Novel)
Price: 3.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just a romance, 29 May 2013
I really enjoyed this book. It was written so well I started to feel I knew the family and identified with there plight. Although it is classified as a romance, there is just the right balance of tension, adventure and mystery. The family encounter some frightening experiences and this lifts the story out of being just a sloppy romance.

My main reason for reading novels, is to take my mind away from day to day worries. This story transported me to a completely different time and place, which is just what I needed.

I will definitely try more books by this author.

Logitech USB Marble Mouse
Logitech USB Marble Mouse
Offered by Smith & Co
Price: 20.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Satified authritus sufferer, 21 April 2013
As an arthritis sufferer and a keen family researcher, my hands were suffering from constant scrolling through list. This mouse is perfect for me. The hand position is just right, but the best thing is being able to set the small right button to scroll. After a very short time, I had perfect control over the speed of scrolling, and a touch on the left button, brings the marble back to ordinary mode. When I get to the end of a long list a quick flick of the marble brings me back to the top of the page.

The other advantage for me is that I can work on my laptop, on a small table in my lounge, as the marble mouse takes up very little room. The speed seems just right and I wonder why most people stick to the conventional mouse.

I have used the mouse for for a few weeks now and am very pleased that I bought it. I haven't tried other setting that the software provides, but I imagine that most people will find setting to suit their needs.

Liverpool Daisy
Liverpool Daisy
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So Enjoyable, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Liverpool Daisy (Kindle Edition)
I loved this series when it was televised and as my daughter didn't see it at the time, I added it to her Christmas presents. She also enjoyed it and says as well as being entertaining, it has given her an incite into the history of working class people of that era, which when you think about it, we often see drama's about the history of the middle and upper classes, not the working classes.

I can't wait to borrow it from her, so that I can have a second treat.

True Dare Kiss : Complete BBC Series 1 [2007] [DVD]
True Dare Kiss : Complete BBC Series 1 [2007] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Pooky Quesney
Offered by Springwood Media
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling viewing, 29 Dec 2012
I loved this when it was on TV and have bought it for my Daughter. The plot has so many twist, that it keeps you guessing to the end. If you like quirky this is for you.

Bill Bailey's Daughter (Featuring Bill Bailey Book 3)
Bill Bailey's Daughter (Featuring Bill Bailey Book 3)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 29 Dec 2012
This story contained the right amount of sadness, tension and happiness, to make it a compelling read. The credibility of the Bailey plots are somewhat stretched, but it is fiction and we do need a little make believe, to take us away from our day to day lives. That's why I like Catherine Cookson. I think it's a pity that the author is dismissed as a romantic novelist, as her work is much more than this.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars good so far, 7 Feb 2012
This cartridge seems very good for the price. I can't give it five stars though until I see how long it last.

Byron sx30T Spare bell push button
Byron sx30T Spare bell push button
Offered by ExtrasOnline
Price: 10.45

4.0 out of 5 stars works well most of the time, 26 Oct 2011
This review is from: Byron sx30T Spare bell push button
We purchased this bell push to replace one we bought a some time ago. The original one had an intermittent fault. Every few weeks it reverted to a ring tone we found hard to hear, so needed to be corrected. As the bell push for the back door had always worked correctly, we thought this would fix the problem. It has worked perfectly since. The Byron bells are good from the point of view that you can add extra devises to the original, but there does seem to be a problem with reliability, therefore I can only give it 4 stars.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 5, 2011 8:20 PM GMT

Rosemary Conley - Fitness Triple Pack [DVD]
Rosemary Conley - Fitness Triple Pack [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rosemary Conley
Price: 6.25

5.0 out of 5 stars Familier and new, 18 Oct 2009
I have been working out with Rosemary Conley's "Five Day Fat Burner" and "Ultimate Whole Body Workout" for several years, but needed to update, as my video's were on tape, and I no longer have a VCR. I knew that I would be getting routines that I could manage and the fact that the set included a new video made it even more attractive.

I wasn't disappointed Fat attack was just what I wanted. After a knee opp I can no longer do floor exercises, but find that I get a good forty minute workout before the floor exercises. There are no new exercises, but they are arranged differently to new tunes, so make a change from my old tapes.
As with all Rosemary Conley's video's, the routines can be adapted to your personal fitness, you just follow the person on the video who is working at your own pace. The DVD is divided into five sections so you can mix and match, depending on time and energy available. I find that Rosemary is encouraging without being condescending and that her instructions are clear. I also find that working to recognisable music makes the routines enjoyable.