Profile for Andy O'Boogie > Reviews

Content by Andy O'Boogie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 862

Andy O'Boogie (Widnes, Cheshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Philips HR1868/81 Avance Collection Quick Clean Juicer, 2.5 Litre, 700 Watt - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent juicer. Make sure the locking arm has clicked in!, 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The price does seem to vary a lot on this product, yesterday 75 today 110. So hard to comment on value for money! At 75 very good value, probably just ok at 110 because this is a very good quality juicer. Very easy to set up. Although we did have a problem of our own making. We were a bit timid with the locking arm. You have to snap it into place quite firmly or it will not work, as we found! Reasonably easy to clean. Not as simple as the advertising implies as the sieve is a bit fiddly to clean, but nothing like the old juicers. Most of the pulp is collected in one place and is easily removed. Good recipe book. Smooth operation. Includes jug to collect and serve the juice. Yes, as others have said, it is a decent size. However I don't consider it excessive considering the efficient, smooth operation it is carrying out. Highly recommended, especially if you can get it for less than 90!

AmazonBasics Premium 16-Piece Classic White Dinnerware Set, Coupe, Service for 4

5.0 out of 5 stars A good every day set., 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are three versions of this, coupe, round and square. Make sure you select the one you want. I got the coupe. Very smooth, shiny, quite elegant. It is a creamy white rather than pure white. Solid. A good basic every day set. Not cheap looking at all. At the time of writing this review I do not know the price so cannot comment on value for money. As long as it is less than 25 then I would say it is good value for money.

Ingenious Jewellery Brown Leather Bracelet with Sterling Silver Yellow Gold Plated Beads and Pave Magnetic Clasp

4.0 out of 5 stars Shiny and pretty for thin wrists., 18 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It looks much better than the picture. Shiny, pretty. It reflects light so sparkles in the right light. Very light to wear. Wife has a thin wrist (6") and fits perfectly. Thicker wrists may have a problem with it. Clasp is attractive. Magnetic fastening which makes it easy to put on. However lost a star because of this as it also unfastens easily when catch it on something.

Igenix Baby Oil Filled Radiator with 3 Heat Settings, 500 W, White
Igenix Baby Oil Filled Radiator with 3 Heat Settings, 500 W, White
Offered by SENDERCITY

5.0 out of 5 stars Very small but throws out good heat for its size., 18 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very compact, 10 x 28 x 35 cm. Heats up reasonably quickly. Designed for a small room or caravan. So small it can be tucked away in a corner. For its size it kicks out plenty heat and, unlike a convector heater, it doesn't make any noise about it. Includes thermostat.

Rexel A4 Heavy Duty Ring Binder - Assorted Colour (Pack of 10)
Rexel A4 Heavy Duty Ring Binder - Assorted Colour (Pack of 10)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for projects, 12 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Very colourful. Fairly heavy duty. Good for projects. Probably Worth the Amazon price of 17 pounds for ten, not the recommended price. The fronts are opaque so can see through it. Not as substantial as you might think from the description. Would not buy again.

Electrolux EAP150 Healthy Living Oxygen Air Purifier - White
Electrolux EAP150 Healthy Living Oxygen Air Purifier - White

5.0 out of 5 stars I did wake up feeling refreshed and rested., 12 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wonderful little machine. 35x47x22 cm. Quiet. Very easy to set up. Yes We did wake up feeling refreshed and rested. Easy to move from room to room. We have a kitchen diner and use it to quickly remove cooking smells. The blurb states 'The purifier is equipped with the multiple stage Pure Source™ filtration system. It removes dirt, dust, pollen and odors in three stages to ensure 99,97% cleaner air'. I believe it! On a morning the air smells really fresh after the purifier has been on all night on the sleep setting. Recommended.

Dew Sterling Silver and Gold Plate Rise and Shine Sun and Moon Necklace 45.7cm 9465GD

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks better than the photo., 25 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I don't agree with the review that says 'suitable for a young teenager'. My wife is definitely not of that age and she loves it. Very subtle. Looks much better than the photo on here. Nice box. Would make a great present.

Osomount 360 Flex Universal In-Car Dashboard Windscreen Mount Holder for Smartphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 25 May 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The suction is excellent, and is suitable for windscreen and even textured surfaces. Robust. Phone just pushes in. 3M adhesive sticker if you want to connect to dashboard. No complaints, highly recommended.

Lexar Professional JumpDrive S75 16GB USB 3.0 (150MB/s) Retractable Design Flash Drive Memory Stick - Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars played great. It works so I am happy, 19 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Not had a problem with mine (unlike others on here). Fast transfer. Looks are average but so what! Put some music on it and plugged it into the car, played great. It works so I am happy. I will update the review if things go wrong.

Braun Silk Epil 9 9-549 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 4 Extra Attachments
Braun Silk Epil 9 9-549 Wet & Dry Cordless Epilator with 4 Extra Attachments

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective but painful!!!, 12 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The following review is written by Mrs O'Boogie - Nice looking piece of equipment. Well made, solid, easy to use. The massage/cleanser device is great and I would give that five stars. It is very easy to use, is not at all abrasive and leaves your skin feeling great. Unless you are used to waxing, plucking, threading or are a regular user of epilators you will find the epilating experience very painful. The hair has to be a certain length before you can use it and it is agony. I did small areas at a time and it tingled for ages after. I have used epilators before and I have waxed for a long time. This was still the most painful I have experienced. I did eventually manage one lower leg. I have dark, quite thick hair on my legs and it usually grows back after 2 weeks with waxing. It was over three weeks before it began to grow back. However It needs to grow before I could use it effectively again. I understand that the more you use it the better the results but I am not sure I could put myself through that once a month. It takes much longer than shaving or waxing. I used an attachment for the face and tried it on my upper lip, again very painful. I have had waxing and threading techniques used here, but this method left my skin very red sore and spotty for a few days. I will not be using the epilator again. This a very much a personal preference. The device does what it says on the box and does it effectively.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20