Profile for Andy O'Boogie > Reviews

Content by Andy O'Boogie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 871

Andy O'Boogie (Widnes, Cheshire, UK)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Sensio Spa Sonic Facial Cleanser
Sensio Spa Sonic Facial Cleanser

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it does, 26 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Review by Mrs O'Boogie - Like other reviewers I feel this product is expensive for what it does. It looks good and is fairly easy to use but I have a similar product whch came as an extra with an exfoliator which is just as good. Your face does feel refreshed and cleansed after using but no more so than if you had used a face scrub gel and your hands. There are three heads but to be honest I only use one of them regularly, they don't feel that different. As with most products of this kind the recomendaton is that you will notice the difference with consistent and prolonged use so we shall see.

Philips SC2005/00 Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Regrowth Prevention System for Body
Philips SC2005/00 Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Regrowth Prevention System for Body

3.0 out of 5 stars Good so far but time will tell., 18 Aug. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Review by Mrs O'Boogie - This product looks great and comes extremely well packaged. The two instruction booklets give comprehensive guidance on its functions and how to use. This product is however not for everyone and there is a long list of conditions where it will not be suitable, for example, certain skin and hair colours, skin conditions and medications. The booklet does make this very clear. It is light and easy to use, partly due to the fact that it has no wires to get in the way. It charges up in roughly an hour and a half and you are good to go. The 'slide and flash' mode is definitely a plus and makes it a relatively quick and hassle free method when using on legs. One of the features I really like about this product is that it lets you know when you have it positioned correctly before you 'flash', I have used similar devices and wasn't always sure I was using thm effectively. It does not hurt or sting when used but it is a warm sensation and that lasts for about ten minutes. I have dark brown hair and white skin and use the 3 setting, the 4 was a little uncomfortable. It is certainly the easiest of this type of device that I have used, how effective it will be long term however, time will tell. As with similar hair regrowth prevention systems, it is recommended that you shave the area first. While I do not mind doing this on legs and underarms, I don't like the idea of shaving my face so I personally wont be using it there. I think it is probably better used in the winter months in preparation for the following summer as it will take several applications before regrowth is limited and because of all the shaving involved!!

TomTom GO 5100 5-inch Sat Nav with World Maps and Lifetime Map and Traffic Updates with Sim Card and Unlimited Data Included

5.0 out of 5 stars Great device but fiddly setting up MyDrive if this isn't your first TomTom., 1 Aug. 2015
After borrowing my wife's 5000 for a week using the M62 I had to have one myself. The new updated version is the 5100, a little more expensive but worth it for the lifetime speed cameras. On two occasions I was mystified at the route it took me. On the first I got to work and looked at BBC traffic and saw SEVERE delays eastbound at J11 M62 due to earlier accident. Yes that was the junction I should have come off at. Worth the money alone for lifetime traffic. It also has lifetime maps (the world!) and lifetime speed cameras. Wonderfully clear and easy to use. Looks great and easy to connect to the windscreen. My big gripe with TomTom is the setting up of your mydrive account IF you have had another Tom Tom device registered against your account in the past. You cannot register more than one device against your account and Tom Tom won't let you delete the old one! The way round it is to create another account OR change the account details of the one you are using. I chose the latter because I only have one email address and would not remember the new account when I came to reconnect to get the updated maps (which you can do four times a year). The way to do it is to log in as normal. Click on 'my account'. Change your login to anything at (say) hotmail dot com (it must be a live domain name but does not have to be a live email account). Confirm the account and then logout. Connect your new device and click on 'set up new account' (I think that is what it says) and set it up under your original login. It works because I did it this afternoon for both myself and my wife (who had never updated her 5000 and was still waiting for a reply from TomTom customer services, they are well known for being hopeless, read the forums!). Despite the fiddling about I whole heartedly recommend the 5100 (and 5000) to anyone who drives a car!

Schleich Safari Animal Rescue Truck
Schleich Safari Animal Rescue Truck

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great. Entertained a 2 year old and 5 year ..., 24 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Solid, well made toy. Looks great. Entertained a 2 year old and 5 year old for most of the afternoon. From previous experience of Schleich toys they last for years and continue to look good. These appear to be of the same excellent quality. Recommended.

Philips HX8372/51 Sonicare Air Floss Pro Rechargeable Power Flosser with 250 ml Listerine

5.0 out of 5 stars Really like this., 18 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
So easy to use and so much more pleasant than other ways of flossing. Makes mouth feel refreshed, even just using the water. After a couple of days of use my teeth have never felt as clean. Angled well. Choice of the three settings. One, two or three short blasts of liquid or air. Easy to hold, easy to angle for even back teeth. I used to put off flossing because it took so long, no such problem with this. Comes with two heads, easily cleaned. Initial price may seem high but no need to change the heads. Can use water or mouthwash or just air. Great item!

Withings Activite Pop Smart Watch and Activity Tracker
Withings Activite Pop Smart Watch and Activity Tracker

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't get it to connect to app., 17 July 2015
Looks good but that's it I'm afraid. Could not get it to connect to the app. I used IOS for my IPAD and Android for my Samsung phone. No joy on either. Luckily bought through Amazon so no problem in returning for full refund. Shame! The idea is good and it looks great.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2015 5:35 AM BST

AnySharp ABS Plastic Multi-Tool and Knife Sharpener, Blue
AnySharp ABS Plastic Multi-Tool and Knife Sharpener, Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 11 July 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Does the job it is paid to do. Simple operation. Resurrects all those blunt knives and scissors that you thought were beyond repair. Impressed and good value for money.

Philips HR1868/81 Avance Collection Quick Clean Juicer, 2.5 Litre, 700 Watt - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent juicer. Make sure the locking arm has clicked in!, 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The price does seem to vary a lot on this product, yesterday 75 today 110. So hard to comment on value for money! At 75 very good value, probably just ok at 110 because this is a very good quality juicer. Very easy to set up. Although we did have a problem of our own making. We were a bit timid with the locking arm. You have to snap it into place quite firmly or it will not work, as we found! Reasonably easy to clean. Not as simple as the advertising implies as the sieve is a bit fiddly to clean, but nothing like the old juicers. Most of the pulp is collected in one place and is easily removed. Good recipe book. Smooth operation. Includes jug to collect and serve the juice. Yes, as others have said, it is a decent size. However I don't consider it excessive considering the efficient, smooth operation it is carrying out. Highly recommended, especially if you can get it for less than 90!

AmazonBasics Premium 16-piece Dinnerware Set, Coupe, Service for 4 - Classic White

5.0 out of 5 stars A good every day set., 28 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
There are three versions of this, coupe, round and square. Make sure you select the one you want. I got the coupe. Very smooth, shiny, quite elegant. It is a creamy white rather than pure white. Solid. A good basic every day set. Not cheap looking at all. At the time of writing this review I do not know the price so cannot comment on value for money. As long as it is less than 25 then I would say it is good value for money.

Ingenious Jewellery Brown Leather Bracelet with Sterling Silver Yellow Gold Plated Beads and Pave Magnetic Clasp

4.0 out of 5 stars Shiny and pretty for thin wrists., 18 Jun. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It looks much better than the picture. Shiny, pretty. It reflects light so sparkles in the right light. Very light to wear. Wife has a thin wrist (6") and fits perfectly. Thicker wrists may have a problem with it. Clasp is attractive. Magnetic fastening which makes it easy to put on. However lost a star because of this as it also unfastens easily when catch it on something.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20