Profile for Mr. R. Everett > Reviews

It
It
by Stephen King

4.0 out of 5 stars Slow to start but a brilliant read, 3 Feb. 2011
This review is from: It (Paperback)
I'm currently reading this book and although the book may look a tad intimidating due to the size don't let this put you off. I can't make proper judgment of this book because i'm only half way through but I couldn't stop myself from writing this. Personally I think it is a bit slow to get going, I'm a fast reader and can read all night long but in the first few chapters I could only read 10 or so pages before taking a break. However I personally think the story starts to get better when we go back to the characters childhood. I would recommend this book to anyone and a must for any Stephen King fan.

Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero
Heroes of Olympus: The Lost Hero
by Rick Riordan

4.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 9 Jan. 2011
I'm a massive Rick Riordan fan and his latest instalment has lived up to my expectations. I read the Percy Jackson series when they first came out and loved the characters and locations. The new book does the same for me. The main difference is that the book is told by the three main characters (Jason ,Leo and Piper)in a similar way to Rick Riordans previous book "The Red Pyramid". Sometimes it became confusing with the constant changing of the characters but it also helped me to understand the character. The plot is faltless it was action packed and exciting, I really liked the ending which sets the reader up for the next book which should be released next autumn.

A must buy for any avid reader

Guardians of Ga'hoole Boxed Set #1-4
Guardians of Ga'hoole Boxed Set #1-4
by Kathryn Lasky

5.0 out of 5 stars Great reads, 30 Dec. 2010
I got this as a christmas present to yself and i'm really happy. The plots may seem a bit short but the characters are well developed. A must buy!!!!!!!

Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog
Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog
by John Grogan

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant read, 18 Sept. 2010
I bought the book because I was desperate to find a new book to read due to exhausting my collection of books already. It was a strange choice for me because as I usually go for the fantasy novels.

This book is a must have, any dog owner will identify with the Grogans and Marley. I read the book within two days and enjoyed every second. I laughed out loud and I cried for the last chapters. It was a real rollercoaster of emotions.

I have three rottwielers (Rocky, Hatton and Meg)
As I read it I had Hattons head on my lap, Rocky laying upside down on the chair and Meg curled in her basket. I came to realise that dogs don't live as long as humans which is the saddest thing ever, I can really say that my dogs are my best friends. I've only experienced two human deaths in my life and I just carried on with life and didn't shed a tear but I can be certain that when my dogs pass away I will be lonely and distraught. Marley and Me must be on everyones book shelf.

My favourite qoute

"A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. It was really quite simple, and yet we humans, so much wiser and more sophisticated, have always had trouble figuring out what really counts and what does not. As I wrote that farewell column to Marley, I realized it was all right there in front of us, if only we opened our eyes. Sometimes it took a dog with bad breath, worse manners, and pure intentions to help us see."
-- John Grogan