Profile for Val Gaize > Reviews

Content by Val Gaize

Val Gaize (Studley, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Canon PG 510 Compatible Black Ink Cartridge (9mls)
Canon PG 510 Compatible Black Ink Cartridge (9mls)
Offered by Ink Jungle Ltd. (VAT Receipt Supplied)
Price: 8.75

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy to keep the printer going, 27 July 2014
Delivered within date. I'm always wary of 'compatible' cartridges, but this one seems to be successful; I'd buy it again.

Fifty Sheds of Grey: Erotica for the not-too-modern male (Fifty Sheds 1)
Fifty Sheds of Grey: Erotica for the not-too-modern male (Fifty Sheds 1)
by C. T. Grey
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An amusing gift, suitable for most., 27 July 2014
Delivered well within date (standard for Amazon suppliers). A comical take on a trashy original . . . Made good presents: greatly appreciated.

The New Few: or a Very British Oligarchy
The New Few: or a Very British Oligarchy
by Ferdinand Mount
Price: 6.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Read, learn and weep!, 27 July 2014
Delivered promptly, well within date. No problems. This book should be compulsory reading for every Conservative MP!

Back in Black
Back in Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Back in Black, 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Back in Black
I chose a five-star rating because delivery was prompt and the service offered by Amazon and the supplier was, and is, first-rate.

As for this iconic group's work: what's to say? I love 'Hell's Bells' most of all; I love the other tracks too; and 'Back in Black', my elder daughter's favourite, lifted her funeral from misery to elated celebration!

Them And Us: Changing Britain - Why We Need a Fair Society
Them And Us: Changing Britain - Why We Need a Fair Society
by Will Hutton
Price: 7.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Them and Us: Changing Britain - Why We Need a Fairer Society, 25 Jun 2014
This excellent book, in excellent condition, was delivered well in advance of the promised end-date. I was very satisfied with the performance of the supplier.

The book itself is a very clear exposition of the benefits of fair, honest and open dealings in fiscal and economic areas; and outlines with devastating clarity the way such systems have been slanted, distorted, and downright abused, to ensure that the rich get richer at no apparent social cost, while the poor get poorer and their plight is ignored. The extent to which governments are in the pockets of the City and its like institutions is laid bare. References are many, for further reading and for proof of what Will Hutton claims.

Anyone struggling with their finances would find 'Them and Us' fascinating reading; it should be obligatory for exploiters everywhere; because in a system as unfair as ours (in spades, in the US and, indeed, across the world), in the end everyone loses.

Canon Original ChromaLife 100+ Colour Ink Tank CL-511
Canon Original ChromaLife 100+ Colour Ink Tank CL-511
Price: 13.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Canon cartridges; great value, 21 May 2014
Delivered promptly. No problems. What can I say? - an ink cartridge is an ink cartridge: quality as good as ever.

Romeo Error: A Matter of Life and Death (Coronet Books)
Romeo Error: A Matter of Life and Death (Coronet Books)
by Lyall Watson

5.0 out of 5 stars Good to replace a lost copy, 21 May 2014
This is a fascinating book, and my original copy went missing years ago. It has loads of interesting info - like the long-ago Pope who'd been pronounced dead by all his doctors and a roomful of people; and sat up in his coffin two days later and demanded to know who all these people were (mourners paying their respects!).

Back In Black
Back In Black
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A great band!, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Back In Black (Audio CD)
AC/DC - a great sound! My favourite tracks are Back in Black (also my elder daughter's favourite: when, sadly, she died of cancer a couple of years ago, it was played at her funeral for people both to enter and to leave the crematorium, which certainly lifted my mood! Grim faces had abounded; my brother-in-law collapsed in my arms in floods of tears. Made it harder for me to cope - until then! My other favourite track is Hell's Bells - just because it is.

So good to have my own copy at last.

Numbers
Numbers
Price: 6.17

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but I have his older stuff too, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Numbers (Audio CD)
I chose 4 stars because I wanted to check out Cat Stevens' most recent work; but he's certainly changed since Catch Bull at Foour and Tea for the Tillerman.

It's so good that he's returned to singing: I've missed his work tremendously.

Both Gene Krupa and Ziggy Ellman were supposed to become Roman Catholic priests, you may or may not know. Fortunately for the world, both decided otherwise (much to their parents' disappointment) and chose the Greater Good!

100 Ghosts: A Gallery of Harmless Haunts
100 Ghosts: A Gallery of Harmless Haunts
by Doogie Horner
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely book!, 21 May 2014
I adore this little book! I've kept a copy for me, and sent the other to a friend in need of cheering up!

I don't need to say that delivery was prompt - as ever, in advance of the promised date - do I?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4