Profile for twinketoes > Reviews

twinketoes

The 5:2 Diet: Single Serving Vegetarian Recipes
The 5:2 Diet: Single Serving Vegetarian Recipes

3.0 out of 5 stars good recipes, 30 July 2014
This is an interesting book of recipes and all the recipes are for one person! My husband isn't doing the 5/2 so I need recipes for one. It can be very difficult to work out if the ingredients serve two or more! I would recommend this book to anyone contemplating this lifestyle ( because it's not really a diet). I would also recommend Dr Michael. Mosley's book - it too has some excellent recipes. I have been following his book for four weeks now and I have lost 12lbs. This is the best 'diet' I have ever followed and believe me I have done them all! It is so easy because it is only for two days so you don't get the dreaded temptations to stray.

The Politics of Washing: Real Life in Venice
The Politics of Washing: Real Life in Venice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look behind the face of " La Serenissima", 21 May 2014
Loved this book about Venice! I love Venice and have visited three times but this made me think about the people who live ( or cannot afford to live) there. I had no idea that the real Venetians were being pushed out of their city!

The Firm: The Troubled Life of the House of Windsor
The Firm: The Troubled Life of the House of Windsor

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 21 May 2014
This gave me a new slant on the Prince Charles/Princess Diana story. I used to think Diana was wonderful but of course, there are always two sides to every marriage.

The Queen's Man (The Queen's Man 1)
The Queen's Man (The Queen's Man 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good historical novel, 20 April 2014
This book has been really well researched and gives one a different take on the character of The Lionheart. I have read quite a few of Sharon Penman's books and always enjoy them

The French Gardener
The French Gardener

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Santa Montefiori, 20 April 2014
I really like her books, they have everything, romance and are quite unjudgemental. She really transport the reader to the location

Blood Will Tell: A Medical Explanation of the Tyranny of Henry VIII
Blood Will Tell: A Medical Explanation of the Tyranny of Henry VIII

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood will tell, 12 Nov 2012
This book throws a completely new light on the failure of Henry III to produce a surving male heir. I had no idea of the Kell chromosone, how interesting it would be to be able to prove this theory by DNA but I suppose that will never happen. I certainly thought this theory credible. Well worth the read!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2013 5:10 PM BST

Life in a Tudor Palace (Sutton Life)
Life in a Tudor Palace (Sutton Life)

3.0 out of 5 stars Life in a Tudor Palace, 12 Nov 2012
This was an interesting book and it was fascinating to read about daily life in Tudor times, I enjoyed it very much