Profile for twinketoes > Reviews

twinketoes

The 5:2 Diet: Single Serving Vegetarian Recipes
The 5:2 Diet: Single Serving Vegetarian Recipes

3.0 out of 5 stars good recipes, 30 July 2014
This is an interesting book of recipes and all the recipes are for one person! My husband isn't doing the 5/2 so I need recipes for one. It can be very difficult to work out if the ingredients serve two or more! I would recommend this book to anyone contemplating this lifestyle ( because it's not really a diet). I would also recommend Dr Michael. Mosley's book - it too has some excellent recipes. I have been following his book for four weeks now and I have lost 12lbs. This is the best 'diet' I have ever followed and believe me I have done them all! It is so easy because it is only for two days so you don't get the dreaded temptations to stray.

The Politics of Washing: Real Life in Venice
The Politics of Washing: Real Life in Venice

5.0 out of 5 stars Great look behind the face of " La Serenissima", 21 May 2014
Loved this book about Venice! I love Venice and have visited three times but this made me think about the people who live ( or cannot afford to live) there. I had no idea that the real Venetians were being pushed out of their city!

The Firm: The Troubled Life of the House of Windsor
The Firm: The Troubled Life of the House of Windsor

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 21 May 2014
This gave me a new slant on the Prince Charles/Princess Diana story. I used to think Diana was wonderful but of course, there are always two sides to every marriage.

The Queen's Man
The Queen's Man

4.0 out of 5 stars Good historical novel, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Queen's Man (Kindle Edition)
This book has been really well researched and gives one a different take on the character of The Lionheart. I have read quite a few of Sharon Penman's books and always enjoy them

The French Gardener
The French Gardener

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Santa Montefiori, 20 April 2014
I really like her books, they have everything, romance and are quite unjudgemental. She really transport the reader to the location

Blood Will Tell: A Medical Explanation of the Tyranny of Henry VIII
Blood Will Tell: A Medical Explanation of the Tyranny of Henry VIII

5.0 out of 5 stars Blood will tell, 12 Nov 2012
This book throws a completely new light on the failure of Henry III to produce a surving male heir. I had no idea of the Kell chromosone, how interesting it would be to be able to prove this theory by DNA but I suppose that will never happen. I certainly thought this theory credible. Well worth the read!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 16, 2013 5:10 PM BST

Life in a Tudor Palace (Sutton Life)
Life in a Tudor Palace (Sutton Life)

3.0 out of 5 stars Life in a Tudor Palace, 12 Nov 2012
This was an interesting book and it was fascinating to read about daily life in Tudor times, I enjoyed it very much