Profile for V. Haffenden > Reviews

Content by V. Haffenden

V. Haffenden "Vikki" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Manufacturing Processes for Textile and Fashion Design Professionals
Manufacturing Processes for Textile and Fashion Design Professionals
by Rob Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource book for people interested in these processes, 8 May 2015
Covers most modern textile manufacturing processes with pictures and descriptions of machinery, methods, materials etc.

Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne Novels Book 1)
Sleepyhead (Tom Thorne Novels Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this detective novel -, 8 May 2015
I think I got this as a free offer. Really enjoyed it and will probably buy another one by the same author. Yes, it's a detective mystery novel, but with human characters that I found engaging. I wanted to know what they would do next. I like it being based in the UK; I get tired of detective novels being set in the U.S. The imperfections of the main characters - both physically and mentally - are refreshing.

The Lost Empress (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery Book 4)
The Lost Empress (Jefferson Tayte Genealogical Mystery Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars I was always aware I was reading a novel, 8 May 2015
I bought this because it was on offer and I wanted to take a number of books camping. It's OK, and there are some good parts, but basically it's a bit predictable and pedestrian. The story is quite interesting, but I really didn't 'gel' with the characters, all bar the main investigator were unbelievable and shallow, and even he didn't 'live' for me. I was always aware I was reading a book.

The Pesthouse
The Pesthouse

4.0 out of 5 stars If you enjoy post-apocalyptic survivalist type novels read this, 8 May 2015
This review is from: The Pesthouse (Kindle Edition)
Post apocalyptically good read. Well developed characters, with a matter-of-fact approach to their situation but nonetheless depth.

At the Going Down of the Sun
At the Going Down of the Sun

3.0 out of 5 stars Get past the first few chapters to get to the heart of this book, 8 May 2015
Definitely a romantic novel with an edge of reality and real descriptions of the horrors of war. The opening idyllic early 20th century setting is a little hard to stomach,
I found it a little tiresome that every main male character was good looking, intelligent and 'dashing', the female ones pretty, slender and elegant, and either victims, 'fiesta' or 'sirens' . Despite this I actually liked the characters enough to continue, and found their development through the story and their experiences during the Great War interesting and human (in particular the male ones). But then I am a sucker fo this type of book when it is well written and entertaining. I enjoyed the book but am suspicious that the other one I bought at the same time will be a re-run of the same scenario.
An interesting look at early treatment for post traumatic stress, the lesser remembered campaigns of WW1, the war's effect on British rural communities and changing social roles of women.

To Die For: Is Fashion Wearing Out the World?
To Die For: Is Fashion Wearing Out the World?

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone wearing clothes should read this, 8 May 2015
Everyone who wears clothes and goes shopping for them should read this. Written in an accessible manner this is an informative and insightful indictment of the global fast-fashion business. Siegle reports in detail on the international companies who exploit both our environmental resources and those who produce our clothing for their shareholder's personal profit. In the process she makes those of us who indulge in it take a good hard look at our own responsibility.

Cold Earth
Cold Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 8 May 2015
This review is from: Cold Earth (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished this book. I found it hard to put down. Sarah Moss writes so well, her characters are - female ones in particular, are well rounded, pithy and witty. I have just bought another book by her and I hope it will be as good.
Cold Earth is part mystical, part documentary, part apocalyptic disaster and crafted as letters written by the academic participants in an isolated archaeological dig. The academic bit is important to the story, as it is at the core reason for of why and how things happens.
I recommend this book wholeheartedly if you like an intelligent read that piques you mystical side.

HERITAGE RABBIT CAGE 100 CM INDOOR LARGE BUNNY HUTCH GUINEA PIG CAGES VRB-100
HERITAGE RABBIT CAGE 100 CM INDOOR LARGE BUNNY HUTCH GUINEA PIG CAGES VRB-100
Offered by AQUA-KOI

5.0 out of 5 stars Good hutch, 8 April 2015
Good rabbit hutch. Has enough room for one miniature lop rabbit. She seems happy. It is easy to clean and work with. recommended,

Rice Cube
Rice Cube
Offered by Payton Products

4.0 out of 5 stars Impressive sushi, 8 April 2015
This review is from: Rice Cube (Kitchen & Home)
bit sticky to use, but does make nice impressive sushi. Not sure if its worth the price.

Vaude Bike Overshoe Gaiters Long black Size:40 43
Vaude Bike Overshoe Gaiters Long black Size:40 43

5.0 out of 5 stars Doe the job well. Nice dry feet., 8 April 2015
Does the job. Not sure how long the elastic under the foot will last if you walk any distance in them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4