Profile for CHRISTINE DAVIES > Reviews

Hand.Book Journal Co. Artists' Sketch Book - 5.5x5.5in Square Vermillion Red
Offered by ArtiFolk
Price: 11.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 28 Sep 2013
A lovely little sketch book, ideal for any medium. Good quality paper and just the right size to slip into a pocket.

Making an Impression: Designing & Creating Artful Stamps
Making an Impression: Designing & Creating Artful Stamps
by Geninne D. Zlatkis
Price: 10.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring!!, 5 Jan 2013
I love Geninne's art and follow her blog avidly! This book is full of inspiring ideas and although the materials are not so easily available here as they are in the America's I have been able to source most of them. Simple ideas, impressive results!

Learning Linocut: A Comprehensive Guide to the Art of Relief Printing Through Linocut
by Susan Yeates
Price: 15.29

5.0 out of 5 stars A present for a friend that I want for myself!, 18 Dec 2011
I bought this book for a friend who wants to learn the art of linocut. I am going to have to order this for myself too, it's easy to understand with excellent and inspirational instructions, can't wait to get started!

Angie Lewin: Plants and Places
Angie Lewin: Plants and Places
by Leslie Geddes Brown
Price: 17.00

5.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRATIONAL, 19 May 2011
I first came across Angie Lewin's work when buying a greetings card, I am now completely hooked on her wonderful prints and purchased her 'Cup and Feather' print at St. Judes in the City exhibition. The book is beautifully presented and illustrated and I am always referring to it. It has also led me to develop an interest in other artists, particularly Edward Bawden, Eric Ravilious and Robert Gillmor. A truly inspirational book!