Profile for azro > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
5mm Black Neoprene Small Sheet - Double Lined Nylon - 30cm x 30cm
5mm Black Neoprene Small Sheet - Double Lined Nylon - 30cm x 30cm
Offered by Lomo Watersport

3.0 out of 5 stars I was getting pretty excited by having a whole 5mm depth of neoprene ..., 21 Jan. 2016
Well, I was getting pretty excited by having a whole 5mm depth of neoprene to play with. I imagined how cushioned it would be but when it arrived it was just like a cheap material mouse mat, so not quite as bouncy and protective as I'd have liked. My own mistake of course so quite expensive really as it's not very big in area and for my purposes, I'd need double the thickness to properly protect the fragile equipment I have.

EzyDog Neo Dog Collar, Medium(39-44cm), Red
EzyDog Neo Dog Collar, Medium(39-44cm), Red

3.0 out of 5 stars Too big is too big..., 21 Jan. 2016
Bought medium size for Jack Russell. This size was found to be too big by a substantial amount. Followed advice from other reviewers to err on larger size if in-between sizes (ie - 38cm circumference of dog, choose a size one up) but this obviously didn't work out very well for me.

My dog is probably average size for a fully grown Jack Russell and it turns out, a SMALL size would've probably been perfect so don't make the same mistake. If you're under sized there's no way to adjust to make it smaller - the main collar is too stiff, all the adjustable slack is of different material.

DJI Phantom Waterproof Backpack For DJI Phantom 1 Phantom 2 Vision Vision+ FC40
DJI Phantom Waterproof Backpack For DJI Phantom 1 Phantom 2 Vision Vision+ FC40
Offered by OneBird

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful... so far anyway, 14 Dec. 2015
I bought this with some trepidation as several recent customers have reported defective shoulder straps with stitching coming undone with little use. But I thought, for £30.99 it has to be worth the gamble and maybe I could fix or get someone more competent to sort out any strap issues it may have.

Well, so far so good. Having packed my Phantom in with 3 batteries, controller and charger plus spare parts like props etc, this seems to be quite a well designed case with good quality main zips. One small annoyance is the lid bit as the foam insert isn't fixed (it falls out and needs to be positioned on zipping up the case) but that's a relatively minor issue. The straps are pretty basic but they'll do I should think. I've inspected it quite thoroughly thus far and they don't seem to be poorly stitched but I've not taken it out anywhere yet so I may very well change my mind pretty rapidly but I did buy this with the intention I'd make do and mend it if it was within my capability.

So, a customer review that openly admits he hasn't actually really used the product out in the field yet so you cannot know its durability, isn't it a bit premature reviewing it now? Well, ordinarily, yes but I decided I would try and encourage other punters to give it a go if they were put off by the shoulder strap stitching issues. This is a pretty good deal at a shade over £30 including delivery and it's way cheaper than major brands offerings - I mean, a camera bag essentially, ought not to cost hundreds of pounds really. It's just a bag. Unless it does something special like offer shock and water protection like the Peli range it's not worth it really.

JJC ALC-LX100 Auto Lens Cap for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Camera - Black
JJC ALC-LX100 Auto Lens Cap for Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Camera - Black
Offered by DeyardDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to attach stays on easy no worries, 24 Oct. 2015
Compatible with the Lumix LX100 even with a low profile 43mm Hoya UV filter attached - protect your lens, don't lose your lens cap and no fiddling about with pockets.

This product is made of high quality material, attaches neatly and securely and functions as you would expect, opening up when pushed out of the way by the protruding camera lens - not visible in shot at any focal length.

The only consideration and negative factor is the cap is not compatible with available lens hoods. The LX100 lens suffers with sun flare quite a bit when taking pics with direct sunlight entering the frame, especially at the wide end naturally. The camera really is kind of designed with wide, 24mm, photography in mind so not having a suitable lens hood is a significant drawback though this product is hardly to blame.

I give it 5 stars as it's well made, good value, and offers convenient protection with zero hassle. Just a shame about the lens hood... still gotta source something there.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2016 2:44 PM GMT

2 x Panasonic DMW-BLE9, DMW-BLE9E, DMW-BLG10, DMW-BLG10E PREMIUM Replacement Rechargeable Camera Battery from Dot.Foto [See Description for Compatibility]

5.0 out of 5 stars (Reliable) Power at a good price, 24 Oct. 2015
So, both the batteries I ordered work for my LX100 (ordered 2). There haven't yet been any firmware updates that have blocked use of these batteries and it's something I'm wary of in future, having had that experience before with Nikon and third party batteries.

These batteries both charged fine (using Panasonic charger) and appear to be holding their charge. Their capacity is 1025mAh, 7.2V, 7.4Wh which matches the official supplied Panasonic battery spec exactly. I've been out shooting with this battery - I took over 700 shots with 3 bars remaining (out of 3). I used just the EVF in the main and shot no video but left the camera on for about an hour in total.

I didn't want to leave a review and mislead anybody as I haven't extensively tested these batteries yet. In fact I've only used one so far but can confirm they both work fine and are as described. But I'm hoping to give anybody looking for a replacement Lumix LX100 battery (or other compatible camera) more confidence that their choice in this product should not be a heedless gamble.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Designed for 50mm lenses and upwards - with 43mm filter screw thread, 19 Oct. 2015
I'm not sure what lenses other people are using here but I can tell you this hood is pointless for lenses below 46mm in equivalent (35mm format) focal length. There's extreme vignetting up to this point (>46mm) so I'd suggest, on the safe side, it's only really suitable for lenses 50mm and above.

Other than it's incompatibility for my camera, a Panasonic LX100 with 43mm filter mount, it's a nice and light and sturdy (probably made of aluminium). It screws on nicely and is definitely well made. It's so sturdy I don't think there's any point in my trying to adapt it. I'm not sure how well it'd function as a sunshade seeing as how there are cut outs, albeit at lower angles.

I think the product description needs to be radically re-written with clear compatibility guidance shown. For now I'll be sticking with my shallow profile 43mm Hoya UV filter and JJC ALC-LX100 Automatic Open/Close Lens Cap for Panasonic DMC-LX100 - replaces Panasonic DMW-LFAC1 though this in itself doesn't help to reduce sun flare, especially at wider angle shots. Still searching...

Samsung 64GB MicroSDXC 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-I Class 10 memory card - memory cards (MicroSDXC, -25 - 85 °C, Orange, White, -40 - 85 °C, UHS-I, Class 10)
Offered by City_of_memory15

4.0 out of 5 stars GENUINE: Not that fast but good enough for most purposes, 13 Dec. 2014
Warning: Only 61036 of 61037 MByte tested.
Test finished without errors.
You can now delete the test files *.h2w or verify them again.
Writing speed: 19.9 MByte/s
Reading speed: 31.9 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

Tested using free memory testing application H2testw v1.4 for Windows using a Kingston USB 3 memory card reader on a USB 2 bus/connection. The read speeds will likely perform better on a USB 3 capable Mac or PC. However, the write speeds are likely topped out and won't improve.

Packaging: weird. I hadn't expected just a clear plastic card protector with SAMSUNG labelled MicroSD card adapter device (adapter unused for testing above) in a sealable plastic sleeve, but perhaps I should've judging by the product description.

For now, I'm sticking with 4 stars out of 5 simply down to the less than expected write performance though I may revise this in future if write performance improves on a fully decked out USB 3 computer. My primary use for this card is bulking up the storage of an Android tablet for music, movies, etc though I'd have liked to have had the confidence using the card for installing Android games (though maybe you'd need quite a bit more performance I don't know).

High Grade - Extra Long USB Sync & Charge Cable for Apple iPhone 3G / 3Gs / 4 / 4S - For All Apple iPod Touch / Nano / Classic / Mini (All Generations) - For Apple iPad 1 / 2 / 3 - Length : 2 meters / 6.6 ft - AAA Products®
Offered by MACRO.SUPPLIER

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Trilogy)
by Suzanne Collins

2.0 out of 5 stars Trilogy not supplied - as of 10th July 2014 - caveat emptor/buyer beware, 19 July 2014
Disappointed as it's not the trilogy I received (as advertised). I've generously given it 2 stars as you've gotta rate it. A couple of other customers are reporting they've only received the first book too (and only given one star), so come on Amazon, sort it out.

Note: this is a heads up not a review. You don't have a choice not to rate it so I'd appreciate people realise this is just a warning to other would be purchasers that there may currently be a problem with getting the full 3 books.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Malfunctioning, 28 April 2014
A spare cable to charge more than one battery at once for £2? Yes please. Unfortunately I've tried two of these from M-Zone and sadly neither worked. The charging LED is meant to only light whilst its actively charging the battery but this one lights up all the time once plugged in and never switches off or charges the battery. Wasted a lot of time with this and I'm just going to get another from someplace else.

M-Zone were great though as they rapidly sent out a replacement (considering they're based in China?) They'd do well to check the quality of these products before sending them out as they might have a bad batch or something. Otherwise it looks exactly the same as the supplied one from Hubsan.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4