Profile for JLP > Reviews

Content by JLP

JLP

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Other Side of Envy: The Ghost Bird Series: #8 (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars ... but I think the author has got a little bored of writing it, 27 Aug. 2015
The series started out well but I think the author has got a little bored of writing it. Didn't love it.

Touch of Mischief: A Ghost Bird Series Halloween Short Story (The Ghost Bird Series Book 7)

3.0 out of 5 stars nice bit of fluff, 11 Mar. 2015
It's ok. It's free so you're not losing anything by reading it. It doesn't add anything to the story as a whole though, particularly. I think it's probably just a deleted chapter?
Anyway, nice bit of fluff, doesn't advance the plot or anything meaningful. You won't miss anything essential to the storyline by not reading it.

Friends vs. Family: The Ghost Bird Series: #3 (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)
Friends vs. Family: The Ghost Bird Series: #3 (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars The writing isn't the best stylistically, and it's full of silly typos and ..., 6 Mar. 2015
Third book in the series and still enjoying it. The writing isn't the best stylistically, and it's full of silly typos and errors, but this isn't going to be some great literary classic, it's just an enjoyable non-demanding read if you can ignore the publication quality.

First Days: The Ghost Bird Series: #2 (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)
First Days: The Ghost Bird Series: #2 (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Mar. 2015
I liked Introductions, and I liked this one too. It moved on nicely from the first book.

Introductions: The Ghost Bird Series: #1 (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)
Introductions: The Ghost Bird Series: #1 (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Mar. 2015
I loved this one. Free download hooked me in to the series and I enjoyed this story.

House of Korba: The Ghost Bird Series: #7 (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)
House of Korba: The Ghost Bird Series: #7 (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in this, 6 Mar. 2015
Disappointed in this, I LOVED the first few books and I feel like they are going downhill. This one was my least favourite of the Ghostbird book series so far.

Sound of Snowfall: A Ghost Bird Series Winter Short Story (The Academy Ghost Bird Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars I didn't buy it, I got a free copy ..., 6 Mar. 2015
I didn't buy it, I got a free copy of it. It's not worth 99p for 17 pages, when a whole book in the series is £3, so I wouldn't have wanted to spend money on it as it's just a bit of fluff.
I'm not complaining, I wouldn't expect much plot in 17 pages, but if you can find the free download I'd say read it, if not, you're not missing much of anything, its not value for money even at 99p.

Fake: The Scarab Beetle Series: #3 (The Academy Scarab Beetle Series)
Fake: The Scarab Beetle Series: #3 (The Academy Scarab Beetle Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh. Borrow it from the library and save your money., 6 Mar. 2015
Disappointing. I've been waiting for ages for this to come out and had it preordered, and it was a let down. Basically a book about a random cab driver. Nothing really progresses with the boys, there's no more emotional or romantic development to speak of from the last book, pretty much a filler book with hardly any time with the Academy boys together, or so it feels. The cab driver's all up in there though. Kayli's still blowing hot and cold and using people. To say this series was supposed to be faster moving in the relationship areas it's almost ground to a halt.

I feel like CL is dialing the Scarab Beetle series in, if she's not that interested in them how can we be? The writing standard is going downhill.

Her Dakota Man (Dakota Hearts, Book 1)
Her Dakota Man (Dakota Hearts, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for a nice lighthearted fun read, 7 Oct. 2014
If you are looking for a nice lighthearted fun read, pass this one by! Keep walking. Nothing to see here.

Good idea for a story, well expressed, and I've given it four stars for that, to be fair to the author.

There are a few books on my kindle that I love as old friends, and happily read again and again. This is not going to be one of those books. I've alternated whilst reading this book between thoughts of 'how stupid are these people to fall for such shenanigans', to 'omg, the trauma of it all'.

I won't be reading this again, I will be deleting it off my kindle and am now off to find something slightly more jolly to read to cheer myself up. Maybe something about the Zombiepocalypse, or a sick kitten.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 7, 2016 9:17 AM GMT

Buttons and Scissors (Pro)
Buttons and Scissors (Pro)

4.0 out of 5 stars addictive, 11 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Buttons and Scissors (Pro) (App)
Fun, addictive, pointless, worth downloading. I got this free and found it fairly addictive. The harder levels are really quite hard, but fun all the same.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3