Profile for ellahamilton12 > Reviews

ellahamilton12

URBANEARS UR4090495 Over Ear Headphones Plattan Plus Indigo
URBANEARS UR4090495 Over Ear Headphones Plattan Plus Indigo

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable, stylish and great quality., 25 Aug 2014
I have spent so long deliberating over buying a pair of UrbanEars, but after reading so many reviews and taking into account the very appealing price of this seller I thought I would give it a go.
In terms of looks, these are lovely headphones. The indigo is a great colour and goes with lots of things, though one of the advantages of UrbanEars is the huge range of colours they come in. They are a lot more compact than I expected them to be and fold up very small, the fabric cord is an excellent idea (no tangles) and the headband is very easily adjusted. The most I have worn these for is a few hours, and admittedly you do have to move them around a bit because after long wear it does start to hurt a bit on your ears, but they are mostly very comfortable as well.
The sound quality is a source of huge conflict in reviews. For several years I have used in-ear headphones and for me personally I think there's no comparison in quality, but of course something that goes right in your ear will give you better clarity of sound compared to a headphone that sits on them. However, the plattan plus blocks out exterior noise very well, enhancing the sound. The bass is much better than I expected and for the price I think you get well over your money's worth. They go pretty loud without getting that horrible static sound.
Another huge bonus of buying the plattan plus over the regular plattan is the volume control. I have an old iPod and the volume buttons don't actually work anymore so these were the obvious choice for me, but in terms of being on the move its just a lot more convenient - no taking your phone/iPod out constantly to change the volume to suit your surroundings. The remote is also very easy to use, but comes on the regular plattan model as well. I'd say the extra money is worth it for the volume control though, particularly if you have multiple apple products. It works with my iPhone and macbook as well.

Overall I would wholeheartedly recommend these to anyone. If you want an absolutely astounding pair of headphones then you'd be better off with a 300 pair of Boses. But if you want something that won't hurt your monthly paycheck, the range of colours gives something for everyone. They look fantastic, are extremely portable, convenient to use and have very good sound quality for the price you pay. Don't hesitate!

Fairy Lights - Kasbah Glass Lanterns - 20 LED String Lights - Mains Powered - ThinkGadgets - Transformer Supplied
Offered by Casa Oro Interiors
Price: 31.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 May 2013
I bought these fairy lights in the hope they would last longer than my previous cheap purchases which lasted a only few weeks before at least one light would go. They certainly did not disappoint. I bought these in October last year and since then all of them still work: because they are LED they don't get hot; you can forget to turn them off without the perhaps slightly irrational fear of setting your home on fire(!); most importantly they cast a warm light that looks absolutely fantastic and really adds character to a room. Yes they are more expensive, but the durability is the undoubted benefit of paying that bit extra. I noticed someone mentioned that the gloss on the lights themselves looks slightly worn - I am quite sure that they are in fact meant to be like that and personally I think it really compliments them. When (or if) these ones break I will definitely buy them again and thoroughly recommend to anyone. Money well spent!

Shallow Bed
Shallow Bed
Offered by Hardliner-music
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars 'I was prepared to love you'...and I did., 2 Sep 2012
This review is from: Shallow Bed (Audio CD)
The first song I heard off this album was 'No Rest' on the radio but I missed the artist name. However the lyrics 'I loved you in the best way possible' stuck in my mind for days before I googled the band and ordered this album in high anticipation. Speaking as someone who rarely pays attention to lyrics and focuses on the catchiness of the tune I can say that Dry The River do not disappoint in that respect. When it arrived however I was shocked at not only the breathtaking harmonies (because that is what they are) but the poetic and quite haunting lyrics. My personal description of the band is a more upbeat version of the Fleet Foxes, so if that's the sort of music you enjoy then go for it! I gave my mum the CD to borrow and haven't had it back yet, so regardless of the age group its intended to be aimed at I would say it covers a wide range of tastes. I can't speak for everyone but I certainly do not regret this purchase. A fantastic upcoming band and a strong first album.