Profile for honeyjenny > Reviews

Thunder and Lightning
Thunder and Lightning
by Natalie Naimark-Goldberg

3.0 out of 5 stars Read "Writing Down the Bones", 4 Aug. 2004
This review is from: Thunder and Lightning (Paperback)
This is a book I had been waiting for - not a book about finding your ideas, but about how to actually structure them into a peice of writing. Parts of the book live up to this. It does gives you little bits of insight on the importance of finding the right structure for your work, but I found I felt the same about this book as I did about Wild Mind; inspired for the first half of the book, then getting increasingly irritated and frustrated with the last.

The Bitch in the House: 26 Women Tell the Truth About Sex, Solitude, Work, Motherhood, and Marriage
by Cathi Hanauer

5.0 out of 5 stars Angry is okay!, 28 May 2004
I enjoyed this book - particularly as I had read other books by the authors featured. It explores the fact that although there are more oppotunities available to women today, things are still hard and we are still angry. An entertaining and thought provoking read.

Doing IT
Doing IT
by Melvin Burgess

4.0 out of 5 stars I really enjoy this book!, 10 May 2004
This review is from: Doing IT (Paperback)
It's definitely one for older teenagers - even though my 12 year old sister would be perfectly capable of reading it, I don't think I'd been keen for her to.
Having said that, it's an amusing, accurate story of four boys first discovering sex ... or at least trying to. It shows the intensity of those days and the terror that everyone else is doing it so you really should, as well as the power games that develop.
The characters aren't the most well rounded ones I have come across, but it is a good read for adults as well as older teenagers.