Profile for bookworm > Reviews

Silver Heavy Court 3mm Wedding Ring - Size Q
Silver Heavy Court 3mm Wedding Ring - Size Q
Price: 16.83

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 14 Jun 2014
I have arthritis in my hands and my finger has grown 6 sizes in the last 12 months. Obviously I can't have my wedding ring resized very couple of months. I decided to buy this ring as a temporary ring, I wanted a ring which would look good which I can wear everyday.
Mission accomplished! This is a quality silver ring, it looks great, has a nice thickness to it and so far even though I wear it every day it is not showing any scratches or marks.
Thank you for helping to solve my dilemma!

My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
My Secret Sister: Jenny Lucas and Helen Edwards' family story
by Helen Edwards
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic in the making, should be a film., 22 July 2013
This book is definitely a classic work in the making and will be around for a long time. It should be required reading for those in education, social services etc.
Although these events, of which some are quite disturbing, happened a long time ago, child abuse and adoption issues continue and are relevant to so many today.
Abused children, whether psychologically or physically abused do not tell other adults what is happening to them. When they are threatened (as Helen was) their survival instinct kicks in, and, sadly because they do not know any differently, they comply with the parent whose love they are desperate to have.
This book is written beautifully, capturing the mind of a child trying to understand and survive her home life.
In those days domestic violence was not talked about, what happened behind closed doors stayed there and others did not dare interfere.
Helen's survival, and the care she demonstrated to her parents, particularly her mother is a credit to her. There was no self pity whatsoever, and her learned, natural coping ability, led her to a career in a caring profession.

Jenny's life, although essentially more happy, is a testament to the natural longing of a child to know her mother. Her determination and emotions following rejection after rejection during her search for her mother are heart breaking.

The lives of these two ladies, although contrasting, are sensitively described, chapter after chapter. The blending of those two lives in the final chapters is truly a work of art.

I wish them many happy years together, they deserve it.

What I Wish I Knew about Nursing: Real Advice from Real Nurses on How To Deeply Care for Patients While Still Caring For Yourself
Price: 1.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 July 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. A retired nurse myself, it brought back many memories of my own career! Highly recommended particularly for those in the profession

The Fast Diet Recipe Book: 150 Delicious, Calorie-controlled Meals to Make Your Fasting Days Easy
by Mimi Spencer
Price: 7.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 22 July 2013
I found this book very disappointing after all of the hype surrounding it. Recipes with ingredients few will have immediately to hand. Sadly I returned the book, it was not what I expected.

New ladies Visconti large Heritage black leather purse wallet CR7
New ladies Visconti large Heritage black leather purse wallet CR7
Offered by Lets Travel
Price: 27.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect purse, 17 July 2013
I bought the red version of this purse a while ago after searching for ages. Quality is superb, lots of storage, the perfect purse. In fact I like it so much I bought the black one. If they bring it out in any other colour I will buy that too!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 13 Jun 2013
Very pleased with this good quality product and the fast service! Now I can have my early morning tea wherever I am, thank you!

New ladies Visconti large Heritage red leather purse wallet CR7
New ladies Visconti large Heritage red leather purse wallet CR7
Offered by Lets Travel
Price: 28.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous purse!, 8 April 2013
This is a lovely purse. I looked around for a long time before buying this one.
The quality of the leather is luxurious. It has multiple compartments for all my bits and pieces.
Meets all of my needs.