Profile for Debbie King > Reviews

Content by Debbie King

Debbie King (Southport, Lancashire)

Skechers Women's Bikers Flower Girl Half Shoe
Skechers Women's Bikers Flower Girl Half Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in love!, 25 Feb 2011
I don't usually write reviews, and I HATE shoes, preferring to go barefoot or in flip-flops wherever possible. But people tend to look at you sideways when in flip flops in the winter, so something had to be done.

These are BEAUTIFUL and really comfy. I need to get fitter after a few years in and out of hospital, and these not only make it easy to get out and about, but make me happy while I do it as people comment on how lovely my shoes are, a new experience for me.

Highly recommended.

Eurovision Song Contest 2010
Eurovision Song Contest 2010
Offered by Side Two
Price: 4.92

5.0 out of 5 stars Early arrival for another great album!, 15 May 2010
I've been collecting these for a good few years now, and this year's contest has some cracking songs in, which has made me a very happy bunny today when this arrived earlier than the predicted release date: thanks Amazon!

It may not convert anyone who's not already a fan, it may not be "cool", but I defy anyone to listen to Azerbaijan or Romania in particular and not bop along. Perfect to do housework to!

There's plenty of variety too, one of the hallmarks of 21st century Eurovision. It's not just cheesy Europop anymore, not that there's anything wrong with that! But there are genuinely moving moments too, bits of rock, and even a Belgian Westlife style number.

Sadly the biggest low point has to be the UK entry, written in haste and derided at leisure. The whole sorry effort shows how little Eurovision is regarded in this country, and gives lie to the idea that the contest is somehow fixed in favour of Eastern Europe - it's not, but many Eastern European countries send credible artists with decent songs. We treat it as a joke yet still expect to win by right. It ain't going to happen.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 13, 2011 6:10 PM BST

Lassie [DVD] [2005]
Lassie [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Peter Dinklage
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 3.06

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved the film, hated the swearing, 29 Jan 2007
This review is from: Lassie [DVD] [2005] (DVD)
This was on at our local cinema last Saturday, and, as parents go free I thought I'd endure it for the sake of some cheap entertainment for my 7 year old daughter.

I was amazed by how much we both enjoyed the film - I was expecting some trite American nonsense, but it was rather magical.

However, I have to agree with the reviewer above - the first line of the film has Peter O'Toole shouting "Bugger", and there were an awful lot of "Damn"s and "Bloody"s too - NOT what I want my daughter to hear. Despite what some may think, I work at my daughter's school and this is NOT the sort of language that she encounters there or at home.

The swearing was perhaps included to make the film sound more gritty and northern - it was unnecessary.

Gorgeous dogs - and the dog that played Toots deserved a best supporting Oscar - I was in tears.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 24, 2012 8:45 PM GMT