Profile for JMK > Reviews

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea [Blu-ray] [1961]
Dvd ~ Walter Pidgeon
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Film, 24 Mar 2014
It's some time since I last saw this film so it was almost like watching it for the first time. Obviously very dated but still a fun film with some hopeless assertions, a bit of a laugh.

Denby Jet Pasta Bowl
Denby Jet Pasta Bowl
Offered by China Chaps Ltd
Price: 8.24

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite impressed, 24 Mar 2014
I rather like these bowls with their quite distinctive colour. They have a solid feel and are reasonably heavy. I get the impression they will withstand heavy usage.

Remanufactured HP 344 ( C9363ee / C8766 ee ) Colour Ink Cartridge for HP Printers
Offered by Cartridges Kingdom
Price: 3.39

5.0 out of 5 stars It works as expected, 15 Mar 2014
There is not a lot more you can say really. I'm pleased with them. The colours are fine as is the black.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Mar 2014
It does just what it says on the box. I'm very pleased with it and would definitely recommend this device to anyone who has this problems.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 17, 2014 1:19 PM GMT

Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea The Complete Collection [DVD] [1964]
Voyage To The Bottom Of The Sea The Complete Collection [DVD] [1964]
Dvd ~ Richard Basehart
Offered by Revelation Films Direct
Price: 42.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 15 Mar 2014
As a child I found this series to be exciting and must watch, but now, I start realising that with minor variations almost every episode is the same as the last. All that's changed is the highly colourful suit the alien wears.

I have watched all episodes except for the last series. I can't be bothered.

Seagate 3TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
Seagate 3TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
Offered by Digital Components Ltd (dclstore)
Price: 71.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 15 Mar 2014
I've had some bad experiences with SSD drives and when the C drive, an SSD, suddenly stopped working I replaced it with this drive. I haven't run any tests for speed, but I get the impression that this drives speed is acceptable. This drive gets my thumbs up.

22/03/2014 Update, unfortunately this drive died. I requested and received a refund, no problem. In the meantime I have ordered two more which are now installed and so far at least they are working well as a mirrored pair. I dumped around 400 GB of data to them and for a while they seemed quite slow. Today though they are working well. And fairly fast.

Keep Fit [DVD]
Keep Fit [DVD]
Dvd ~ George Formby
Price: 14.96

5.0 out of 5 stars A great Formby film, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Keep Fit [DVD] (DVD)
Both sound and video are good quality. The sound lacks much in the way of bass response but all films from that era did. The story is a typical Formby story, down trodden man makes good. Even so, it's a great film but remember I am biased.

Yale Locks YFS Floor Safe
Yale Locks YFS Floor Safe
Price: 48.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite impressed, 7 Feb 2014
At first I thought I'd got a problem with the lock. I did not seem to be able to open it. In fact I had opened it but had not provided enough energy to lift the door. The door is heavier than I expected. It's constructed out of what appears to be a single sheet of metal and not as I suspected two layers of thinner metal.

It has a thin layer of carpet on the bottom of the safe which I think will do an adequate job.

The locking mechanism seems to be held in place by a number of metal pins which I presumed are either braised or welded into place. In the long term I think they will be the weakest point.

I am very satisfied with it and quite happy with the value for money, after all, in general you get what you pay for.

Old Mother Riley [DVD]
Old Mother Riley [DVD]
Dvd ~ Arthur Lucan
Price: 29.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great films, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Old Mother Riley [DVD] (DVD)
To be truthful they are not as funny as I remember them but it's at least 30 years since I last saw any of them. Don't misunderstand I laughed in several places. They are a great trip down memory lane and well worth the cost.

The video quality is really good considering how old the films are. The audio is quite good considering the age. It could have been tweaked a little here and there but it's not bad as it is right now. All in all there pretty good.

George Formby - Boots! Boots! [DVD]
George Formby - Boots! Boots! [DVD]
Dvd ~ George Formby
Offered by dvdGOLD
Price: 4.73

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed a better director, 6 Feb 2014
The audio is quite good when considering the age of the film. The black and white image is also very good.

There is too much music hall comedy and in places it's a little overplayed.. All in all it's a good film that would have been much better if the director had paid more attention to what was going on. I'm biased, I love George Formby.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20